Most comfortable headphones?
Aug 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

asc1198

New Head-Fier
I am wondering what the most comfortable headphones under $300 are. I currently own studios and would like something more comfortable than them. Preferably leather or pleather ear cups and they must be around/over ear. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Denon AH-D2000's and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's are both incredibly comfortable. I give a slight nod to the Beyers since the velour is just so soft and breathable, but both are top-tier in comfort.

The Denons might be a little hard to find, unless you go used.

Also, not sure what kind of gear you have, but both sound great unamped.

EDIT: Er, maybe I should ask what kind of environment they'll be used in. The Denons are definitely not a portable headphone, and not good for loud environments. They're practically fully open, and their build quality, to me at least, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. They Beyers definitely trump them in this area. But if they'll be used exclusively indoor, the Denons might be the better option, since I think they sound a little better.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Denon AH-D2000's and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's are both incredibly comfortable. I give a slight nod to the Beyers since the velour is just so soft and breathable, but both are top-tier in comfort.

The Denons might be a little hard to find, unless you go used.

Also, not sure what kind of gear you have, but both sound great unamped.

I would personaly go with the Dt990, for the sound and I find them just as comfortable.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I have/had akg k-240, k-601, k-701, hifiman HE-4, HE-500, sennheiser HD-25, beyer DT-880.

From the list, the DT-880 are the most comfortable, by quite a good margin. The k-601 are really good as well in this regard (and much more enjoyable sound-wise, for the record! More so than the k-701 even).

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 7
d2000 or k240.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 7
I shouldve been more specific. I am interested in closed headphones not open. I will be using these in the car and on planes so that should be pretty portable. Thanks for the suggestions so far though. Sorry for being so vague.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 7
In that case, definitely check out the DT770 Pro's. They're a bit large, so they aren't the most portable headphone out there, but their build quality, comfort, and isolation, to me, make up for their size.

If you feel you just can't manage a larger headphone, the Sennheiser HD25-1 II's have decent comfort with the velour pads. They also have great isolation and build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back