Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #3,287 of 11,979
Yes. It was the first thing I did. Didn't make a difference.
Dont do it. Pull the filters out with a cotton bud and blow air from your mouth into the open nozzle.

Jun 24, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #3,290 of 11,979
Had a problem where I had to keep re-inserting my A8 every 30 minutes because my ear canal would constantly attempt to push the tip out, with the increased suction literally sucking out the lower mids.

Turns out you need to use the smallest tip possible that you can achieve a seal with and have your auricle hold the IEM in place like a CIEM. Moondrop needs to include instructions for this or something.
this was my issue as well with blessing (which have worse fit shell than a8).
things improved a lot when switching to a lower size (L or ML to M) because of the wide blessing/a8 nozzle, and getting more grip (used flipped kz starlines, better grip: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/ )

Jun 24, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #3,291 of 11,979
Ok. I'll try this first.

How do i get the filter out with a cotton bud?
I agree with scot .. but i meant qtip. If all else fails use my method. As placing the filters back is a bit iffy. Though doing this did fix my imbalance issue.

Jun 24, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #3,292 of 11,979
F. audio FA2 dap's are junk. I have a $200 paper weight that came in the mail today. After an hour it stopped reading external sd cards. All 3 of the ones I have. Funny thing is when I plug it into my PC it shows the sd card and I can look at the files but the dap won't even let me see the songs. Now I'm stuck with the enternal memory. With only 32gb I won't be putting all my dsd files on it.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #3,294 of 11,979
6og2QVX.png

Heard the KXXS at Canjam Socal

Really digged it for the price. Very fun dynamic sound with astonishing good mid balance and low end.

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #3,295 of 11,979
This zishan sounds so good with the moondrops. I can't put it down. I haven't listen to this much music in years. The thing I love is this combo reminds me of being a kid in the 70's and my Mom playing music all day on my Dads stereo. He had a Harman Kardon stereo with a real wood case and the turntable built in. The guts were all point to point wiring. He had a big pair of Fisher speakers when they were still made in the USA. It sounded so warm and musical. I have been chasing that sound for years and I finally found it.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,296 of 11,979
It’s funny to see KPE owners who aren’t happy with the bass asking if the Kxxs, Oxygen, or TFZ No.3 Ti would have more bass. And I’m thinking “isn’t that what the regular edition Kanas is for?”

Unless there is some technical improvement that was done with the KPE that I’ve not been named aware of yet. I mean, it does look like the Pro has a more even, present treble response, in addition to less bass. But are the actual transients, soundstage, detail, etc. better on the KPE? Just thinking aloud...

I've heard both and they are exactly the same technically, you eq one or another to match the response, and they sound the same.

The kanas pro sound more upfront and sharp than regular kanas, but it's only a matter of bass response.

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #3,297 of 11,979
This zishan sounds so good with the moondrops. I can't put it down. I haven't listen to this much music in years. The thing I love is this combo reminds me of being a kid in the 70's and my Mom playing music all day on my Dads stereo. He had a Harman Kardon stereo with a real wood case and the turntable built in. The guts were all point to point wiring. He had a big pair of Fisher speakers when they were still made in the USA. It sounded so warm and musical. I have been chasing that sound for years and I finally found it.

Hi. Will you elaborate on what led you to purchase the Zishan? After reading your post I found it on Amazon and boy is it ungainly. Thanks

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #3,298 of 11,979
Hi. Will you elaborate on what led you to purchase the Zishan? After reading your post I found it on Amazon and boy is it ungainly. Thanks
I got it because of what bad guy good audio review said about it. I thought it would be ungainly to but it's smaller than it looks. it's only slightly thicker than the xduoo xd-05 I guess they left off all the refinements to produce a budget dap with high end sound. It's a lot like Harmon kardon from the seventies. They put all the money into the sound. They are ugly but they'll trounce most of the pretty stuff from that era.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #3,299 of 11,979
If anybody would be interested I have Flare 2HD Pro for sale. They are less then month old. They had 4 uses of which 1 was 45 minutes and rest were 5-10 minutes to check how the burn-in progresses. Around 150h on the clock of pure burn-in so nicely run-in (I believe they have reached their maturity).

Selling as they are not my cup of tea even tough from technical sound aspect point of view they are the best IEMs I have had tried so far. And selling here instead of returning them to the shop as they will not accept the open box item... I have not read the policy good enough.

Drop me a PM if interested but I am looking at dropping the price by €50 from new. So around €400 mark is what I am interested in.

Cheers,
seb

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #3,300 of 11,979
If anybody would be interested I have Flare 2HD Pro for sale. They are less then month old. They had 4 uses of which 1 was 45 minutes and rest were 5-10 minutes to check how the burn-in progresses. Around 150h on the clock of pure burn-in so nicely run-in (I believe they have reached their maturity).

Selling as they are not my cup of tea even tough from technical sound aspect point of view they are the best IEMs I have had tried so far. And selling here instead of returning them to the shop as they will not accept the open box item... I have not read the policy good enough.

Drop me a PM if interested but I am looking at dropping the price by €50 from new. So around €400 mark is what I am interested in.

Cheers,
seb
That is a Moondrop thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back