Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #3,271 of 11,979
Ooh boy, the R2R-11 pairs very well with the Kanas (and assumedly the KPE and Kxxs as well). Any edge in the treble response is smoothed out by the ladder DAC, and the amp section does a good job of beefing up the mids on the Kanas.

Jun 23, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #3,272 of 11,979
Nope, closer to $530 plus tax. I would of grabbed it on the spot if it was $400.
Thanks anyway.

remember that drop usually have pronlem with shipping their crap on time. which is what i hate the most (not getting my stuff on time)

if u can afford to do that and deal with other bull that might come your way i say kts a pretty good deal

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #3,274 of 11,979
In your opinion what is the difference between the Kansas and the kxxs?
I've posted this twice before.. Anyways after the measurement's I A/B'ed the KXXS (CP100Z Spinfit) vs the Kanas Pro (CP145) and my previous comments havn't changed. The vocals on the KXXS sound fuller and also slightly more forward than the Kanas Pro and therefore fixed my gripe with the Kanas Pro being thin sounding. With the slight change in vocals, I now reduce my volume around 4 notches (should be 2dB I believe) when switching from the Kanas Pro over to the KXXS. With this volume adjustment I feel the bass is more polite on the KXXS and less punchy compared to the Kanas Pro. Despite my measurement, I still feel the KXXS has the bigger soundstage with more sparkle and air.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #3,275 of 11,979
I've posted this twice before.. Anyways after the measurement's I A/B'ed the KXXS (CP100Z Spinfit) vs the Kanas Pro (CP145) and my previous comments havn't changed. The vocals on the KXXS sound fuller and also slightly more forward than the Kanas Pro and therefore fixed my gripe with the Kanas Pro being thin sounding. With the slight change in vocals, I now reduce my volume around 4 notches (should be 2dB I believe) when switching from the Kanas Pro over to the KXXS. With this volume adjustment I feel the bass is more polite on the KXXS and less punchy compared to the Kanas Pro. Despite my measurement, I still feel the KXXS has the bigger soundstage with more sparkle and air.
Yeah I found that after posting. That's what I get for being lazy.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #3,276 of 11,979
remember that drop usually have pronlem with shipping their **** on time. which is what i hate the most (not getting my stuff on time)

if u can afford to do that and deal with other bull**** that might come your way i say kts a pretty good deal

Yeah, shipping can be a problem with Drop. It can also take forever. besides missing the shipping date.
I wanted to compare the Drop price against the current ebay, they aren't that far off from one another.
Cheers.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,277 of 11,979
remember that drop usually have pronlem with shipping their **** on time. which is what i hate the most (not getting my stuff on time)

if u can afford to do that and deal with other bull**** that might come your way i say kts a pretty good deal

My favorite part of (Mass)Drop is saving a few twenties for the excitement of delays and disappointment.

Jun 23, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #3,279 of 11,979
Jun 23, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #3,281 of 11,979
The left driver of my kanas has suddenly gone silent..

This now appears to be a real issue with the KPE
Is it completely silent? I thought mine was too, but when I moved the balance all the way to the left, it was actually just very very quiet. Removing the filter and cleaning it fixed it. All I did was dab the filter with a wet q-tip and let it dry out before putting it back.

Jun 24, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #3,284 of 11,979
Had a problem where I had to keep re-inserting my A8 every 30 minutes because my ear canal would constantly attempt to push the tip out, with the increased suction literally sucking out the lower mids.

Turns out you need to use the smallest tip possible that you can achieve a seal with and have your auricle hold the IEM in place like a CIEM. Moondrop needs to include instructions for this or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back