Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #3,317 of 12,007
You are lucky and do you liking it i thinking about getting the kxxsi think its a nice allrounder
I did listen to the KXXS at canjam and liked it too. Price is $190 I believe.
$60 for the KPE was too hard to pass up

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #3,318 of 12,007
Yes thats true

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #3,319 of 12,007
Jun 26, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #3,320 of 12,007

$60 for KP isn't even a steal. It's a God sent when you're just sitting around. You're so lucky man

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #3,322 of 12,007
True that. My Kanas Pro are my daily drivers for rough usage and I got them for a steal too. But $60 is next level.

Same here using KP for daily driver, very pleasant sounds, bought at $140 last time during hyped period and never regret bout that. Bought ZS10 pro, best KZ IMHO, but still this KP is on another level, way smoother and mature. But recently got my TFZ No. 3, grab em more than my KP as my daily beaters. Nothing I miss from my KP since no3 are faster iem with punchy bass and fuller mids but sometimes always nice to hear big rumble smooth sub bass and upper mid clarity (they're a sidegrade for me)

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #3,323 of 12,007
Same here using KP for daily driver, very pleasant sounds, bought at $140 last time during hyped period and never regret bout that. Bought ZS10 pro, best KZ IMHO, but still this KP is on another level, way smoother and mature. But recently got my TFZ No. 3, grab em more than my KP as my daily beaters. Nothing I miss from my KP since no3 are faster iem with punchy bass and fuller mids but sometimes always nice to hear big rumble smooth sub bass and upper mid clarity (they're a sidegrade for me)

I think I'm going to get the kxxs. I understand No.3 might be different but previous TFZs have been a disappointment for me. So I'm going to stick with the trustworthy Moondrop house tuning.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #3,324 of 12,007

Knowing the KP this is maybe the clearest description of what to expect from a TFZ No.3
:thumbsup:
Out of curiosity, standard No.3 or the Ti version?

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #3,325 of 12,007
Knowing the KP this is maybe the clearest description of what to expect from a TFZ No.3
:thumbsup:
Out of curiosity, standard No.3 or the Ti version?

I got the standard TFZ no 3 because the Ti is 3X the cost, not sure if they are worth the sound differences, but considering this standard No3 is that good, I believe with titanium shell and upgraded cable the TI version will be very good (reviews are theyre technically better than KP and Oxygen)
I wrote detailed comparison between No 3 and KP here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1619#post-15011499 in case you missed it.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #3,326 of 12,007
I have a "trick" up my sleeve - I can roll capacitors in my DX5X and change sound signature littlebit without EQ (I don`t use EQ, hate me if You want) and bring out KPE mid-bass/mids more fuller. I did already try it and honestly, I prefer KPE as it is. I didn`t do measurements but when have free time, will try to capture differences :wink:

About next IEM, I`m still not sure if I should get Tin P1 or TFZ No.3 (regular). And since I need money for more important things, I thought even trying out ZS10 Pro (ZS5v1 is still best KZ for me atm) and will gift it to my wife (instead current all-purple ZSN) or best friend.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #3,327 of 12,007
I have a "trick" up my sleeve - I can roll capacitors in my DX5X and change sound signature littlebit without EQ (I don`t use EQ, hate me if You want) and bring out KPE mid-bass/mids more fuller. I did already try it and honestly, I prefer KPE as it is. I didn`t do measurements but when have free time, will try to capture differences :wink:

About next IEM, I`m still not sure if I should get Tin P1 or TFZ No.3 (regular). And since I need money for more important things, I thought even trying out ZS10 Pro (ZS5v1 is still best KZ for me atm) and will gift it to my wife (instead current all-purple ZSN) or best friend.

You got KP, dont bother buy ZS10 Pro even they're that good, unless you want something to use as rough daily iems that you can wear easily without any harm feeling of getting lost or damage to your iem. Indeed ZS10 Pro are best KZ to date for me, but they sounds artificial compared to KP, a little bright compared to KP, and a bit mid bass bleed, and recessed mids is my number one concern factor. Micro details and separation are the only ZS10 pro better than KP because of multi driver configuration.
Tin P1 also mixed review out there, and TFZ no 3 is a side grade to your KP but indeed hold much value inside, and you hate that mid bass, not quite sure if you're going to like them. Maybe save your money until $300 and buy Audiosense T800 ? (I'm waiting for more reviews while saving up on these 8 knowles BAs)

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #3,328 of 12,007
You got KP, dont bother buy ZS10 Pro even they're that good, unless you want something to use as rough daily iems that you can wear easily without any harm feeling of getting lost or damage to your iem. Indeed ZS10 Pro are best KZ to date for me, but they sounds artificial compared to KP, a little bright compared to KP, and a bit mid bass bleed, and recessed mids is my number one concern factor. Micro details and separation are the only ZS10 pro better than KP because of multi driver configuration.
Tin P1 also mixed review out there, and TFZ no 3 is a side grade to your KP but indeed hold much value inside, and you hate that mid bass, not quite sure if you're going to like them. Maybe save your money until $300 and buy Audiosense T800 ? (I'm waiting for more reviews while saving up on these 8 knowles BAs)
Good advice and thanks for more detailed info about ZS10 Pro, will ditch that.

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #3,329 of 12,007

Ha! You want to bring out the mids and bass in the moodrop's. Through them on a Zishan DSD pro. It's so thick in the mids and bass you could cut it with a knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back