Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #3,346 of 12,008
I love it. It's got a very smooth but detailed top end. Sounds just like a good tube amp in the treble. I also ordered the p1 and canceled it. I turned around and ordered the trz no.3 today. Amazon has it on prime and it's supposed to be delivered on Monday.

I also cancelled p1 order. I have the tfz 3 coming also. Been waiting weeks now. Wasn’t available prime when I ordered. Someone’s review here sold me. I really hope they fit better than KPE. I want p1 but jeezsh my spending on this stuff has got to slow down! Was a big step to pull back on it. Where’s the Audiophiles Anonymous thread?!?

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #3,347 of 12,008
I also cancelled p1 order. I have the tfz 3 coming also. Been waiting weeks now. Wasn’t available prime when I ordered. Someone’s review here sold me. I really hope they fit better than KPE. I want p1 but jeezsh my spending on this stuff has got to slow down! Was a big step to pull back on it. Where’s the Audiophiles Anonymous thread?!?
Well I haven't used the KPE but I can wear the Kxxs for hours with no discomfort aside from the wire over my ears. Can get annoying when you wear glasses. After the tips broke in, they just go in and seal and stay that way. For my ears they are perfect.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #3,348 of 12,008
You can get it cheaper on Aliepress. There is one on there right now for $93.64 Free shipping.

Want my first DAP and this is tempting. What do I miss if I choose this over a Walkman or Fiio M11?

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #3,349 of 12,008
Want my first DAP and this is tempting. What do I miss if I choose this over a Walkman or Fiio M11?
Well you can't expect perfection at this price but I'm more interested in how it makes me feel and I could listen to this thing all day. The treble isn't great but on the plus side I can crank it and my ears don't ring afterwords.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #3,350 of 12,008
I am running it 24/7 to see if it will burn in more. I seen a mention somewhere that 400 hrs is required. That gives me hope because my NHB-108's treble sounded metallic and grainy for weeks. and now it has the best treble I've ever heard. It's holographic. Cymbals and chimes decay forever.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #3,351 of 12,008
I am running it 24/7 to see if it will burn in more. I seen a mention somewhere that 400 hrs is required. That gives me hope because my NHB-108's treble sounded metallic and grainy for weeks. and now it has the best treble I've ever heard. It's holographic. Cymbals and chimes decay forever.
Now part of that could be my Gustard x-22pro. I put them in my system at the same time.

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #3,353 of 12,008
Is the KXXSs sound signature similar to other IEMs we might know?
Depends what You mean about similar ? KXXS, KPE and Kanas are all "similar" to Harman target but not quite same.
But to answer Your question - Tanchjim Oxygen & TFZ No.3 are probably "similar" to KXXS.

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #3,354 of 12,008
As much as i love my kpe. Testing Tfz audio no3 these days and in my opinion it is upgrade in some areas. Mainly in mids and treble. Vocals are clearer and more pronounced, and there is more separation and also clearliness. Stage perhaps similar or a little bit smaller. Bass is not so powerfull in lowest sub bass but more in the midbass but it seems it is faster a little bit than kpe. And no3 needs much less power, really much less than kpe. So good choice for those who uses some bluetooth sources with lower volume. Overal no3 is livlier and more in your face but tuning has similarities with kpe. No3 has more energy in treble as kpe is more smooth easy listening there. I like them both but i feel no3 is not only siderade but also upgrade. Not everywhere and not so big bit it is. So this is only my opinion for you.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #3,355 of 12,008
As much as i love my kpe. Testing Tfz audio no3 these days and in my opinion it is upgrade in some areas. Mainly in mids and treble. Vocals are clearer and more pronounced, and there is more separation and also clearliness. Stage perhaps similar or a little bit smaller. Bass is not so powerfull in lowest sub bass but more in the midbass but it seems it is faster a little bit than kpe. And no3 needs much less power, really much less than kpe. So good choice for those who uses some bluetooth sources with lower volume. Overal no3 is livlier and more in your face but tuning has similarities with kpe. No3 has more energy in treble as kpe is more smooth easy listening there. I like them both but i feel no3 is not only siderade but also upgrade. Not everywhere and not so big bit it is. So this is only my opinion for you.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1619#post-15011499 I agree, I wrote similar notes back then,
only that i feel clarity on KPE is clearer than no 3 because that clean bass, no bleed at all. and KP got larger soundstage. No 3 wins on faster decay on bass, well texture bass (but mid bass is bigger than sub bass, but not bleed so much like other budget iem under $100), micro details and separation also better on no3 for me.
yes KPE = laid back, no 3 = dynamic, lively

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #3,356 of 12,008
Tfz no3 came yesterday.
Recent user assessments appear pretty accurate to me.
I find the sound startlingly pleasant. I was not expecting this clarity and separation. None of my midfi sets have instrument separation this wide, and circular, I guess it would be. I was also thinking they appear to lack some sub bass but on bass prominent tracks I was pretty impressed. Mids and highs for sure are potent. Very pleased so far.
Cheers to fella who favorably reviewed these here as that’s what put me on

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3,357 of 12,008
I would like to know how these compare to kxxs

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #3,358 of 12,008
If someone are using es100 with no3 and eq few db more in lowest part it could possible reach kp subbass level. But default this is one of the places i like kpe more as it is really has amazing subb. But no3 not far away. So mainly agree with all of you guys and this is really good alternative to us moondrop lovers. Price is really amazing for what you get. I didn't expected this. Now really think about ti version but don't think it is worth this difference in price. No3 is nice... Thanks bad boy rec.

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #3,359 of 12,008
If someone are using es100 with no3 and eq few db more in lowest part it could possible reach kp subbass level. But default this is one of the places i like kpe more as it is really has amazing subb. But no3 not far away. So mainly agree with all of you guys and this is really good alternative to us moondrop lovers. Price is really amazing for what you get. I didn't expected this. Now really think about ti version but don't think it is worth this difference in price. No3 is nice... Thanks bad boy rec.

But I was told that TI version is far better than normal version. This normal version already that good. Maybe the formula is simple, just make titanium shell and change cable, but maybe the result can be that magnificent. But looks like im skipping the TI version, getting the audiosense T800 or something better. Aiming the Sony either M7 or M9 which are on par with Andromeda.
Competition is tough now, a lot of iem maker chasing harman target sound, would like to hear from Moondrop also for new iems.

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #3,360 of 12,008
Yeah next stop from this should be much pricier and already reaching totl level. If ti version is so much better still it should be similar in tuning to main version. And if paying so higher price it shouldve really give different flavour. But i also pass ti. Really happy with no3 regular

Users who are viewing this thread

Back