Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Dec 31, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #916 of 1,122
The support stalk on my right ear bud is already loose. I have used my Turbine's 5 times since I got them last week. Wow. Every listening session was done sitting in front of my computer working in Photoshop so it certainly was not misuse.

I emailed Monster as well and they told me if I wanted to exchange mine for a pair of the new ones in February that I could. They didn't mention a price though but with a 3 years warranty I suspect I will be exchanging frequently.

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #918 of 1,122
Also got in on the Amazon.com deal.  Pretty good, especially for the money.  My one comment is that none of the included tips worked well for me and I really wasn't pleased until I tried some foamies for them.  Now I would say I like them more than my Super.fi 5 Pros but less than my Triple Fis.  

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #919 of 1,122

Quote:
I don't know if my expectations were too high, but these iems sound about the same as my skullcandy ASYMs. I do hear more clarity in the bass and highs, but I don't know if the difference is blatantly significant. Perhaps I have to burn them in like everyone else says. How do I go about burning these in? Do I leave them running on high volume for ~15 hours straight?

Whats your source?  You will only hear what your source will provide if you have exceeded its capability.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #920 of 1,122
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if my expectations were too high, but these iems sound about the same as my skullcandy ASYMs. I do hear more clarity in the bass and highs, but I don't know if the difference is blatantly significant. Perhaps I have to burn them in like everyone else says. How do I go about burning these in? Do I leave them running on high volume for ~15 hours straight?

Whats your source?  You will only hear what your source will provide if you have exceeded its capability.

It's an Ipod Touch 2G. I plan on upgrading to the J3 soon, will that make any significant difference?

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #921 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's an Ipod Touch 2G. I plan on upgrading to the J3 soon, will that make any significant difference?

Give it time your ears need to adjust to the differences. Usually I am dissapointed with headphones when I first get them then after a few hours or days I really start to love them.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #922 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Give it time your ears need to adjust to the differences. Usually I am dissapointed with headphones when I first get them then after a few hours or days I really start to love them.

Yup! Getting used to the Turbines from my ER4Ps isnt easy!

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #923 of 1,122

Quote:
The support stalk on my right ear bud is already loose. I have used my Turbine's 5 times since I got them last week. Wow. Every listening session was done sitting in front of my computer working in Photoshop so it certainly was not misuse.

I emailed Monster as well and they told me if I wanted to exchange mine for a pair of the new ones in February that I could. They didn't mention a price though but with a 3 years warranty I suspect I will be exchanging frequently.

Hmm... I'll hope that mine start to fall apart in the next few months! You say they didn't mention "a price" -- you mean a price for the new version if buying brand new or a price to exchange them? 

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #924 of 1,122
A price for exchanging them for the new version. I doubt they would offer free "upgrades" to the new version, especially since we bought them on sale. 

Can anyone check to see if the little rubber stalk supports are slightly loose on their Turbine's? It's the piece right where the cables go into the ear buds.

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #926 of 1,122

Quote:
A price for exchanging them for the new version. I doubt they would offer free "upgrades" to the new version, especially since we bought them on sale. 

Can anyone check to see if the little rubber stalk supports are slightly loose on their Turbine's? It's the piece right where the cables go into the ear buds.

you can see a tiny bit of the attachment point, but it shouldn't be too loose

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #928 of 1,122
Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the packaging (box) that it comes in (the normal Monster Turbines)? I'd really appreciate it and would greatly help, thanks!

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #929 of 1,122

Quote:
Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the packaging (box) that it comes in (the normal Monster Turbines)? I'd really appreciate it and would greatly help, thanks!

give me a second...

20.7x5.5cmx14.8cm

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #930 of 1,122
Great thanks! I asked a seller the dimensions of his box of Monster Turbines and they were much shorter than the measurements of yours buffalowings, so they must be fake. Thanks for taking the time to measure them for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back