Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Jan 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #947 of 1,122
today i got some fake turbines
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #948 of 1,122
I got my turbines from futureshop so I can pretty much replace them whenever I want for free (and believe me I do this pretty often). Almost every pair I've had have had this driver flex issue in at least one side of the headphones. I still love them, but I wouldn't pay full price for them anywhere else.

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #949 of 1,122

Quote:
Hey guys. Enjoying my turbines so far, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I feel like I'm getting good isolation with the stock tips, but I think they're too small. They won't stay in. It's weird, they're constantly 'inching' out, not slipping out. I'm thinking it's probably because of the weight. Anyone have any tip suggestions?

You might want to wash the tips every now and then as the tips can be like oil sponges.  If they're too small, go up the next size.  If you can, it's worth trying the XL(largest size) size of the Monster foam supertips.

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #950 of 1,122
I use the provided small, round tips. I find that they work best if you insert them a bit deeper into your ear canal. But I guess ears are different so...

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #951 of 1,122

i just got my refurbed pair from Monster.com yesterday.

they sound great with the RE0 double flange tips but i noticed that the right side cuts on and off when inserting them in my ear, this shouldnt be normal but is this common and would Monster replace them for that?

i was kind of thinking about grabbing a pair from my local Best Buy and just returning these for the refund...

i dont know, if someone has any suggestions that might help.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #952 of 1,122
 thats the driver flex.  my monster jamz had the same problem, mine was making a poping sound when inserting the left ear piece,  you should buy a new pair from best buy and replace it

this seems pretty normal for almost all the monster iems, i read somewhere here, people would have to replace their turbines once in a while for the driver flex problem

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #953 of 1,122

Quote:
 thats the driver flex.  my monster jamz had the same problem, mine was making a poping sound when inserting the left ear piece,  you should buy a new pair from best buy and replace it

this seems pretty normal for almost all the monster iems, i read somewhere here, people would have to replace their turbines once in a while for the driver flex problem

thanks for confirming that, i think i will grab a new pair soon and just return these.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #954 of 1,122

Quote:
Hey guys. Enjoying my turbines so far, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I feel like I'm getting good isolation with the stock tips, but I think they're too small. They won't stay in. It's weird, they're constantly 'inching' out, not slipping out. I'm thinking it's probably because of the weight. Anyone have any tip suggestions?

Over the ear would solve the weight problem.

Jan 16, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #955 of 1,122
These are my primary IEMs and I love them so far, but since I got them factory refurbished they only came with one set of tips that don't fit very well in my ears. What size of Comply tips fits these?

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #956 of 1,122

Quote:
These are my primary IEMs and I love them so far, but since I got them factory refurbished they only came with one set of tips that don't fit very well in my ears. What size of Comply tips fits these?

comply t-400 works fine

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #957 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:

comply t-400 works fine

Yes, that's the correct size, but I find the TX-400 tip sounds better to me.  /the screen in the end of the tip keeps it from collapsing when you insert it in your ear so the HF remains better for most people.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #959 of 1,122
So my friend go's to buy a sert of Turbines this week, he opens the oackage and what do I see? A RIGHT ANGLE CONNECTOR! I am totally exchanging my Turbines ASAP!

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #960 of 1,122
Just received my refurb Turbines, and unsurprisingly it came with one pair of tips only (the bigger ones...not sure if it's the biggest)
I have relatively small ears so I was kinda disappointed at first...but then I tried them on and interestingly it "snapped" into my ears, if that makes sense...very good isolation as well :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back