Monster Beats Solo ?
Nov 27, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #61 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When they do, Headfi will say the top brands "sold out" and are now catering to the high volume Apple market and are churning out crap fly by night non-HiFi non-Audiophile headphones.

Well, some high-end products like luxury cars and smartphones are marketed pretty well, and just state the facts outright instead of some gimmicky ads. Isn't the HD800 ad in Youtube? Why won't Sennheiser show it on national television?
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #62 of 134
I've listened to them, and they are really quite bad.

They have tons of bass, and it completely overpowers the rest of the spectrum. Perfect for extreme bass heads only.

On the plus side, the build quality is fantastic and they are very comfortable.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #63 of 134
I don't really understand this. The OP wants to get this headphone for sound or for look?

If he wants both then why not get a phiaton MS 400

I've never heard it before but damn does it look like one of the sexiest phones I've ever seen and the reviews on it are quite nice.

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #64 of 134
The solution seems obvious. If you have access to WorstBuy (BestBuy), and the internet, you can purchase the Beats Studio, Skullcandies, and any of the previously recommended Sennheiser phones, audition them, and return all but your favorite. Who can argue if you tried them all, and choose the one you like? It's you ears! Best case scenario would be to purchase these in Oregon, where they have no sales tax, leave you comments on each model, and make a decision, now that you are an informed consumer.

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #66 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by sportzforlife3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you could get the beats solo for $90 off a friend, would you?

In a New York minute, but not for any more than that. They are decent sounding. Not great and not horrible. Just decent. And yes I have heard them.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #67 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by sportzforlife3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you could get the beats solo for $90 off a friend, would you?

yeah for 90 I'd spring for a pair but along with the above poster, no more than that and I also have heard them. honestly I find my sony 500's to sound sonically better, including extra bass, than the whole beats line put together and they only cost me 50.

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #68 of 134
Just curious where everyone is "hearing" these as the only vendors that are actually selling them are Apple and Best Buy. Everyone else is still in pre-order status and the Best Buy I went to did not have them set up as a demo.

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #70 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious where everyone is "hearing" these as the only vendors that are actually selling them are Apple and Best Buy. Everyone else is still in pre-order status and the Best Buy I went to did not have them set up as a demo.

J&R store in Amazon has it.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #72 of 134
Dec 11, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #73 of 134
Hey guys, just want to give some input. I got a friend that works at the apple store so i can get these headphones for quite cheap, i have the Beats studio for a while now, and just got the solo today.

Right out of the box the solo sound terrible, much (much much) worse then the Studio, the bass is bleeding all over the place and everything sounds muffled. The earcups of the headphone has some sort of suction feeling to them, feels kinda werid at first but its ok after a while, it gives great sound isolation compared to some of the other pairs of headphones i own.

Just my 2 cents, will put more impression on the solo after a couple more hours of breakin

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #74 of 134
I dont think they are that bad for portable devices. If you like alot of bass and run your I-Pod or I-Phone at max volume and are starving for volume and pressre these headphones can help. I work-out partner has a pair and LOVES them. he gone threw 3 pair because the mic for the talk control keeps messing up,(I think from all the bouncing while working out) and he takes them back for a new pair. But he wont give them up for something differents cause he likes them so much.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #75 of 134
graphCompare.php

I liked 'em ... listening as an urban music listener of course.

Audiophile-wise .... not so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back