Monster Beats Solo ?
Feb 16, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #91 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks jj. Thanks as well vvaffles. At $170 I wouldn't mind getting a Studio but I do agree $300 is too much. I know people say there are better options for the money with similar but better sound, which ones are they?

Keep in mind I actually like how the Studio's sound. I *want* a bass-heavy, uber-thumping sound with recessed mids and highs -- looking for a warm, thumping phone with laidback sound.

For $300, a used HD600 perhaps? Lol.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #92 of 134
Perhaps, but to be honest the HD600 doesn't have half the bass the Studio's do. Heck, the HD600 doesn't even have as much as the Bose OE's, and the OE's don't have half what the Studio's have! No, Senn isn't the way to go for bass, something which I has held consistent for me throughout the years. I've tried a lot of Senn cans and they do not have the kind of bass I crave.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #93 of 134
Quote:

Perhaps, but to be honest the HD600 doesn't have half the bass the Studio's do. Heck, the HD600 doesn't even have as much as the Bose OE's, and the OE's don't have half what the Studio's have! No, Senn isn't the way to go for bass, something which I has held consistent for me throughout the years. I've tried a lot of Senn cans and they do not have the kind of bass I crave.

hey mochan, i noticed you have the turbine/Ultimate ear iem's in your list.

which one would you consider more musically dynamic with having a powerful bass response system?

cause i am planning to buy one of these soon.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #94 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am more curious about upcoming Monster Spin.

Yeah same here. It looks really cool.

I just hope they sound as good as their pricetag this time lol....
darthsmile.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #95 of 134
Quote:

Thanks jj. Thanks as well vvaffles. At $170 I wouldn't mind getting a Studio but I do agree $300 is too much. I know people say there are better options for the money with similar but better sound, which ones are they?

Keep in mind I actually like how the Studio's sound. I *want* a bass-heavy, uber-thumping sound with recessed mids and highs -- looking for a warm, thumping phone with laidback sound.

a pair of Denon's maybe? d2000?

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #97 of 134
I got stuck in the mud when I listened to them.

In other words, bad.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #98 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by wind016 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought Beats Solo for my girlfriend and I have tried Monster Studios on good setups for hours with my own music. I found the Monster products to be great headphones. They are not the most detailed headphones, but they are still very detailed. The highs are very clear, but the emphasized low range covers some of the details. EQing will show that the Studio and Solo have pretty decent range in highs. However, increase the low range and those headphones can really make you feel the music.

The Monster Turbine Pros are beautiful headphones. Sound-wise and looks. The Studio has very good clarity for an active noise cancelling headphone. It sounds VERY similar to my Ultrasone HFI 580 to me. However, I find the Studios more sibilant.

However, be warned, the earpiece of the solos slipped of the hinge after about 2 weeks. Apple store replaced it. Be careful

How much would an HFI 580 set me back?

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #99 of 134
I've got to listen to the D2000s sometime. Lots of people say these are the go-to for bass, moreso than even the DT770s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey mochan, i noticed you have the turbine/Ultimate ear iem's in your list.

which one would you consider more musically dynamic with having a powerful bass response system?

cause i am planning to buy one of these soon.

Here's what I can say:

Turbines - excellent bass response, best of all of these. Very rich, dynamic sound with surprisingly good highs and lush sound. Excellent musical phone.
Metro.Fi 170 - really strong bass response, about as much as the Turbines. However not as musical. Cleaner, leaner sound but not as good all things considered. But for the price it's an amazing steal.
Super.Fi 3 - recessed bass compared to the treble. Not in the running.
Triple.Fi 10 - very musical IEM with airy highs and lush mids. I would prefer the sound of these overall to the Turbines except its bass is not as pleasingly warm and powerful. (not to say it has no bass, has good bass response, just not anywhere near as warm)

The Turbines, MF170 and TF10 all have somewhat recessed mids. Of the three I would say the Turbines fit your criteria best of being musically dynamic with powerful bass response.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #100 of 134
I ordered a pair of Solos from Amazon and immediately returned them. They sounded like total cr@p, even with my low expectations and wanting to like them, pure mud. I wouldn't call the build quality flimsy, they had lots of shiny plastic but didn't quite "feel" right. I got them when they first came out, a couple of months ago from Amazon. Good iPhone accessories, but the plug didn't even give me a solid connection out of my Nokia. Not a mixed bag at all, total pass on this one; go with the HD-25s.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #101 of 134
Thanks for the feedback grokit. I'm still searching for my ideal portable bassy can. Wondering if the new ATH WS70 will be good for me.

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #102 of 134
I've been doing some research and testing and have concluded that the Monster Turbines sound surprisingly similar to the Monster Beats Studio, almost exactly the same actually. I plugged the Turbines into the demo booth and AB'd for a while the Turbines and the Studios. Both me and my girlfriend came to the conclusion that the Studios are just a giant version of the Turbines with some fancy noise-cancellation feature.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing; I like the sound of the Turbines. But granted it's like twice as expensive LOL.

I've come to the conclusion that what is giving me the sound I want isn't the headphone itself but rather the amp and source it's plugged into. So my efforts are now into finding a suitable source to give me the big sound I am looking for.

That said I am still looking for a portable bass-heavy closed headphone that will be the successor to my Bose Triport OE's. The Solo's are still in the running; hope I can test it out sometime.

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #103 of 134
Quote:

I've been doing some research and testing and have concluded that the Monster Turbines sound surprisingly similar to the Monster Beats Studio, almost exactly the same actually. I plugged the Turbines into the demo booth and AB'd for a while the Turbines and the Studios. Both me and my girlfriend came to the conclusion that the Studios are just a giant version of the Turbines with some fancy noise-cancellation feature.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing; I like the sound of the Turbines. But granted it's like twice as expensive LOL.

I've come to the conclusion that what is giving me the sound I want isn't the headphone itself but rather the amp and source it's plugged into. So my efforts are now into finding a suitable source to give me the big sound I am looking for.

That said I am still looking for a portable bass-heavy closed headphone that will be the successor to my Bose Triport OE's. The Solo's are still in the running; hope I can test it out sometime.

Seriously? coz im about to buy one if thats the case. Is the bass really thumping compared to bose ie, metro fi 220, monster jamz, and the like? even rockford fosgate pp15mm?

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #104 of 134
Which one are you referring to? The Solo?

Haven't tried the fosgate but the Turbines and Studios are similar in sound, and yes they have more thumping than the Bose IE. About the same as the MF220. Haven't heard the Jamz yet; have you heard the Jamz? Which of these phones have you heard?

I've heard the Studios, Turbines, Metro Fi 170, 200, 220, Bose OE and Bose IE. The first 5 on that list have more or less the same bass levels. Bose OE has slightly less, IE even less. IE is bassy but is very muddy, its lack of a seal I feel strongly hurts its sound potential.

I still want to listen to the solo's. They are more reasonably priced and fold quite nicely. If they have the same bass quantity I might get them. How are your WS70's by the way? Found a buyer yet? That's a set I want to listen to as well. How do they compare to the headphones you've listened to? Are they comparable to the MF220?

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #105 of 134
Quote:

Which one are you referring to? The Solo?

Haven't tried the fosgate but the Turbines and Studios are similar in sound, and yes they have more thumping than the Bose IE. About the same as the MF220. Haven't heard the Jamz yet; have you heard the Jamz? Which of these phones have you heard?

I've heard the Studios, Turbines, Metro Fi 170, 200, 220, Bose OE and Bose IE. The first 5 on that list have more or less the same bass levels. Bose OE has slightly less, IE even less. IE is bassy but is very muddy, its lack of a seal I feel strongly hurts its sound potential.

I still want to listen to the solo's. They are more reasonably priced and fold quite nicely. If they have the same bass quantity I might get them. How are your WS70's by the way? Found a buyer yet? That's a set I want to listen to as well. How do they compare to the headphones you've listened to? Are they comparable to the MF220?

Currently i have bose ie, rockford fosgate pp15mm, sony ex700, and ws70. Among the 3 iems above, pp15mm is the best overall performer since it has strong emphasis on bass using a 15mm driver and has pretty clear highs too. I have burned these in for about 30 hrs now and for the price, all i can say is wow. Do me a favor, go and try the fosgates and compare it with turbines and tell me which is better. Haven't heard the turbines but if it indeed is a twin of studios, then i would gladly buy one. Would you recommend turbines over studios? As for the ie, its not really that bad but it sounds pretty muddy compared to my fosgates. Fosgates got some really serious subwoofer bass kick to it. Its so yummy

My ws70 is really good in terms of build and sq. They blow away all my collection except the fosgates. Comfort is the biggest problem. I hope audio technica would redesign the way they clamp your head because it literally causes headaches just after 2mins of wearing. Such a waste of SQ for it could've been my all around cans. The bass is thunderous and phenomenal.

And no, i havent heard Jamz and MF220. Which is best in terms of build and sq overall in all of your collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back