Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 10, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #7,576 of 8,051
Hmmm... Been mulling on what pads I should get for the m1060s. I bought them used so the pads aren't that great.

Any expereince on Dekoni hybrid pads?

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #7,577 of 8,051
Having to remove the driver was one of the main reasons I wasn't going to attempt going with the Audeze yokes. But after a quick PM convo with @westyjeff about the difficulty of the process, he told me the driver didn't need to come out. After that I said why the hell not then, lol. Turns out, all you need to do to remove the stock yokes is to take off the outer grill and foam, then take a tool and carefully remove a small e-clip at the 2 points the yoke attaches to each wooden ring (I used a pointed pair of tweezers for this step).

Now comes the other reason I was reluctant to do this mod, there is no going back after this next step. You need to drill out the stock yoke holes of your M1060's wooden rings to allow the pins (circled in red in the pic below) to be pressed into place. Up until I did this step, every mod I'd done to my M1060 was reversible. But, since I love my M1060 and have zero intention of ever selling them, I went ahead and did it.
Pic ??

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #7,578 of 8,051

If you're looking for a finished pic of the mod, that's on the previous page. But if you're looking for a pic of the clip on the original yoke, I'll take a pic of the removed yoke later today for you, which will show you how it was mounted inside the wood ring.

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #7,579 of 8,051
If you're looking for a finished pic of the mod, that's on the previous page. But if you're looking for a pic of the clip on the original yoke, I'll take a pic of the removed yoke later today for you, which will show you how it was mounted inside the wood ring.
It just said like the pic below and I didnt see one. But yes that would be nice.

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #7,580 of 8,051
It just said like the pic below and I didnt see one. But yes that would be nice.

Weird, I had uploaded the photo when I made that post but you're right, it wasn't there. I went back and edited the post to have it. Here is the pic in question:

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #7,582 of 8,051
Hmmm... Maybe if you can sketch some diagram or measurement of what you want I can try to make an .stl file for you. But it'll have to wait. I have flight tomorrow and will be back in two days. M1060 hasn't arrived yet so I have no physical reference...

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #7,583 of 8,051
Weird, I had uploaded the photo when I made that post but you're right, it wasn't there. I went back and edited the post to have it. Here is the pic in question:

Yeah thats the one. Thanks that helps a ton

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #7,584 of 8,051

Here are a couple pics, one with the clip and rubber grommet on and one with them off.

Yoke (1).jpg Yoke (2).jpg

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #7,585 of 8,051
All of this was very easy to accomplish, Audize mounting system is much better and looks better too! After this you will have just driver and housing from M1060, essentially only the good parts of this headphone.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #7,586 of 8,051
Well, I've busied myself this whole day... did some modifications on Pocky's RF1060 mkiii. Hmmm... been thinking of turning it into a two piece thing. 3d printed wood fazor then cnc'd carbon fiber for the plate(note that I only do the designs for the CF and the cutting is done by Armattan productions;
t3sGeXm.jpg
3d printing is done here).

LfegAiC.jpg
Looks good. Could you share the fazzor stl?

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #7,587 of 8,051
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #7,588 of 8,051
IMG_20190212_162804.jpg

Thanks,
Currently Im using the previous version of it without the six side supports. This type of fazzor lets venting the air inside the cup, and its a very good way to tune the bass.
With this fazzor the subbass will be unleashed maybe a bit too much.
To tune the bass Im using electric isolation tape around the cup. If you close the holes this way the sound will be like the original unmodded. I cutting holes on the isolation tape to tune the bass until perfection.
6fUQAUw3HLRUBHwJ8
6fUQAUw3HLRUBHwJ8

Here you go mate. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3422667

Also for people who just want rings and not grilles: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3422657

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #7,589 of 8,051
Hmmm... interesting. I could make some slight adjustments to include an almost full circle ring with the supports but with tinsy little holes to vent ever so slightly. What size hole you reckon would be a good starting point? Once we get this dialed in, I can send th files for CNC cutting of carbon fiber :D

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #7,590 of 8,051

Users who are viewing this thread

Back