Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #7,561 of 8,051
Hi! I've recently purchased a pair of used m1060s but it'll take some time before they get shipped to where I live. In the mean time, I've been eagerly designing some mods that I'll be using once they arrive. Sample of my prototype. I do plan to print these in wood PLA and test their properties. Perhaps I can create a fazor with the damping qualities of a fuzzor :wink:

I've also been mulling on making carbon fiber grill covers if that interests anyone(not 3d printed but CNC cut)...

3TRzMlN.jpg
That design is dope! I definitely want to see pictures with the finished grilles mounted on your headphones. :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #7,562 of 8,051
Well, I've busied myself this whole day... did some modifications on Pocky's RF1060 mkiii. Hmmm... been thinking of turning it into a two piece thing. 3d printed wood fazor then cnc'd carbon fiber for the plate(note that I only do the designs for the CF and the cutting is done by Armattan productions;
t3sGeXm.jpg
3d printing is done here).

LfegAiC.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #7,563 of 8,051
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #7,565 of 8,051
Here are mine after reading this thread, Fuzzer mod, Audize headband, @atilllla v3 hex grill, Dekoni velour pads. They are very comfortable, look great and sound even better!

Those look absolutely fantastic, an improvement over the original look in every way. I have the little brother to these, the M565, and the headband on these really interests me.
Unfortunately I try to build all my little headphone projects as inexpensively as possible and those do not fit in with my program. :wink:

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #7,566 of 8,051
How would you rate the dekoni pads. Have you compared them to eikon suedes

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #7,568 of 8,051
Here are mine after reading this thread, Fuzzer mod, Audize headband, @atilllla v3 hex grill, Dekoni velour pads. They are very comfortable, look great and sound even better!

Dammit man, your M1060 looked so good that you inspired me to just go ahead and finish the mod using the Audeze yokes instead of the stock yokes I'd been using. Here is my M1060 using the complete Audeze headband/yoke pins/yokes.

Full Mod (1).jpg Full Mod (2).jpg

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #7,570 of 8,051
Dammit man, your M1060 looked so good that you inspired me to just go ahead and finish the mod using the Audeze yokes instead of the stock yokes I'd been using. Here is my M1060 using the complete Audeze headband/yoke pins/yokes.

It looks great! However, don't have have to completely disassemble the driver to get to the yoke screws? If you did that, you are a much braver person than I am....

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #7,571 of 8,051
Feb 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #7,574 of 8,051
It looks great! However, don't have have to completely disassemble the driver to get to the yoke screws? If you did that, you are a much braver person than I am....

Having to remove the driver was one of the main reasons I wasn't going to attempt going with the Audeze yokes. But after a quick PM convo with @westyjeff about the difficulty of the process, he told me the driver didn't need to come out. After that I said why the hell not then, lol. Turns out, all you need to do to remove the stock yokes is to take off the outer grill and foam, then take a tool and carefully remove a small e-clip at the 2 points the yoke attaches to each wooden ring (I used a pointed pair of tweezers for this step).

Now comes the other reason I was reluctant to do this mod, there is no going back after this next step. You need to drill out the stock yoke holes of your M1060's wooden rings to allow the pins (circled in red in the pic below) to be pressed into place. Up until I did this step, every mod I'd done to my M1060 was reversible. But, since I love my M1060 and have zero intention of ever selling them, I went ahead and did it.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back