Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Aug 30, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #46 of 273

Quote:
Uh, you just stole an episode from Mythbusters...
biggrin.gif

Would love to read that comparison.

+1

I might just order them even without waiting for that comparison!
Must have some funds in paypal... lol :p

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #47 of 273
I re-wrote the information on the highs as I let them burn in for another 20 hours give or take via pink noise. The highs came out a little more from burning in the headphones a tad longer but I really don't feel like they're going to get any better regardless of how long I burn them in.

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #48 of 273
Just placed an order with Monoprice yesterday and it was hard to not put these in the basket with them. Next time I order for sure.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #51 of 273
Hey guys. Check this out. I know this thread is in regarding the Monoprice/ kickers..

I just discovered these. What think you guys. .Sonys new XB41EX $60

Monoprice Bass enhanced earphones..$5.19??What?? can these be the same?? I hope so. I just bought a craptacular amount of phones from monoprice including these. I am more than intrigued by this company and their headphones.. I am getting both of these earphones so I will report later.

Another observation. It seems all their headphones have the 20hz-20khz.. One spec meets all description on all their phones. If these are indeed the same as the Sony XB41.. This spec is completely off.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #53 of 273

Quote:
Those IEM's don't look the same, imo.

Well yes they do. The plastic housing looks different.. But there is only one brand that have the saucer housing like you see in these.. It is SONY.. They both have 13.5mm drivers.. Sony again is the only company that I have seen that uses 13.5mm drivers in their earphones.  This leads me to believe these much like the Hi fi Djs to the kicker. Might be the same as the XB41ex.

anyways.. I will let you guys know as I have both on order. It will be interesting to see if they are indeed the same. Just a very interesting observation. Back on topic.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #55 of 273

Quote:
Hey guys. Check this out. I know this thread is in regarding the Monoprice/ kickers..

I just discovered these. What think you guys. .Sonys new XB41EX $60

Monoprice Bass enhanced earphones..$5.19??What?? can these be the same?? I hope so. I just bought a craptacular amount of phones from monoprice including these. I am more than intrigued by this company and their headphones.. I am getting both of these earphones so I will report later.

Another observation. It seems all their headphones have the 20hz-20khz.. One spec meets all description on all their phones. If these are indeed the same as the Sony XB41.. This spec is completely off.

Look exactly like the Maike MK EL5031 that clieos reviewed. which is comonly $6 on ebay. Comn on guys, not every thing in monoprice is gonna be a super earphone deal.

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #56 of 273
Another one of their DJ styled headphones is on sale, Specs seem the same but they're different in looks and don't have a detachable cable, im sure sound quality is much different.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8324&seq=1&format=2

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #58 of 273
I just noticed that the vector design and the black box is very similar to the packaging of FiiO products, particularly the FiiO E9.

I wonder if they were manufactured at the same factory in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #59 of 273

Quote:
Another one of their DJ styled headphones is on sale, Specs seem the same but they're different in looks and don't have a detachable cable, im sure sound quality is much different.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8324&seq=1&format=2

Will let you guys know how these sound. I ordered this with about 4 others. Including those earphones. I was looking at headphones all day yesterday. To see if I can spot one that looks like those. The closest I came up with are these. Am I asking for too much? $20 ultrasones? lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back