Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Sep 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #76 of 273
I think I found it!!! What these are rebrands of.. If true.. wow. These califones cost $157 on buy.com

They look exactly like these..$20.25 on monoprice.. Will get these soon.

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #77 of 273
They aren't the same

Small, very small details are different.

But a good compare would be nice

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #79 of 273
I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a pair of Monoprice portables or other portables that cost 10x as much...

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #80 of 273

Quote:
I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a pair of Monoprice portables or other portables that cost 10x as much...

If you get the hi fi Dj cans aka kickers. Monoprice has a 30 return if you don't like em. I say try em. You will be surprised with them.. $21..  $28 shipped.  They drive awesome on an mp3 by the way .

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #81 of 273
One prob i'm definitely having is with the shorter cheap cord the left phone is much louder and bassier than the right. I cant fully plug it in either or barely any noise comes out, i have to fiddle with it a bit then it works.

When i use the longer thicker cord, the right phone is slightly louder than the left. Weak! You think it has to do with the headphone or the cords? If i have to return these things for a replacement they better not charge me shipping..

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #82 of 273

Quote:
One prob i'm definitely having is with the shorter cheap cord the left phone is much louder and bassier than the right. I cant fully plug it in either or barely any noise comes out, i have to fiddle with it a bit then it works.

When i use the longer thicker cord, the right phone is slightly louder than the left. Weak! You think it has to do with the headphone or the cords? If i have to return these things for a replacement they better not charge me shipping..

Return those asap.. Get a new one..

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #83 of 273
Well I can safely say the 2 other monoprice phones are representative of their price. These aren't terrible but the all cheap plastic and equally plastic sounds make you want to run not walk to the restroom to relieve of yourself of the dirtiness you just heard.
The only thing Hi Fi about these is the open grills on the outside of the cups.. Nothing exudes hi fi like open grills.. Unfortunately the sounds on these are worse than the other one.. They sound eerily similar to the ihip NFL headphones.. Decidedly lo fi. You do get a plastic cap for your 3.5 adapter and a volume knob.  Give these to your worst nephew on their birthday and they will just smile that everything sounds so flat and mono like. Who needs stereo when you look this cool in all white with open grills. !

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #85 of 273
Ya I will get those once they restock them to try out. Looks like October is when they will get those in. Don't have too much hopes on those but they could be a surprise.

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #87 of 273

Quote:

$10 for an open grill with single entry cable, I think my KSC75 will make these its mate, if you understand my meaning.

I like your thinking. Too bad they are white and have an inline volume control. Even the volume control isn't a deal breaker but the white is just so ugly.

I really should get another pair of KSC 75's to mess around with, but I'm not sure what I'd do with two pairs...

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #88 of 273

Quote:

I had that problem with the shorter cable, I just switched the sides around and it seemed to fix the problem. Bass doesn't sound heavier on the left side for me since I did that.

I ordered some mogami cables and plan on making a 50" cable with Rean plugs to see if sound quality will change compared to the stock cables the MP Hi-Fi cables that came with the cans.

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #89 of 273

Quote:
I had that problem with the shorter cable, I just switched the sides around and it seemed to fix the problem. Bass doesn't sound heavier on the left side for me since I did that.

I ordered some mogami cables and plan on making a 50" cable with Rean plugs to see if sound quality will change compared to the stock cables the MP Hi-Fi cables that came with the cans.

Probably won't be a huge difference at all. The reason I think this is that there is still the internal wires going from the plug to the driver. I'd suggest driving a hole and making them dual entry if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back