Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Aug 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #61 of 273
They are the Yamaha Rh10MS,  AKA Ultrasone HFI-450,   AKA  Ortofon O2 Headphones.Wow these do kinda look the most like that Monoprice dj cans. hmm. I don't think these are the same. .Even though they look alike. I think these HFI-450 knock offs use 40mm drivers. Those monoprice use 50mm.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #64 of 273
Heya,

Added reviews for the MHP-839 (the monoprice DJ) to the site. As well as the HP541 (Kicker). Both can be found by clicking their names in my sig.

Freebie: By the way, if anyone wants my MHP-839's, just send me some money for shipping and they're yours.

Very best,

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 273
Would you recommend these for portable use as well?

Yes and no, read my for DJ'ing part in my review.
Heya,

Added reviews for the MHP-839 (the monoprice DJ) to the site. As well as the HP541 (Kicker). Both can be found by clicking their names in my sig.

Freebie: By the way, if anyone wants my MHP-839's, just send me some money for shipping and they're yours.

Very best,

Great review.

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #66 of 273
anyone know how these compare to adh ad700's? i just got mine in the mail today but without being burned in the only thing i can tell is the bass is better (obviously)

i'm mostly speaking in terms of music, as the 700's would probably blow these away in gaming etc.

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #67 of 273

Quote:
anyone know how these compare to adh ad700's? i just got mine in the mail today but without being burned in the only thing i can tell is the bass is better (obviously)

i'm mostly speaking in terms of music, as the 700's would probably blow these away in gaming etc.

Heya,

AD700's don't have bass to really talk about. They have punch, which means it lets you know a bass sound just occurred, but other than that, they don't have bass to talk about. For gaming, the only improvement the AD700's have is a wide sound stage, which helps with imaging. That's it. Sound quality wise, the MHP-839 sounds better than the AD700 for virtually any listening. Not to sound like a hag, but the AD700's simply are not that great. They're really hyped on forums across the internet for `gaming' yet no one talks about them for anything other than that. Why? Because they're just not that good for music listening. They're so anemic it just leaves you feeling like something is missing.

That said, if you want a AD700 replacement, that has bass, that is even cheaper, but otherwise, just as good and better in some areas, the Samson SR850 or Superlux HD668B would basically be it.

Very best,

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #68 of 273

Quote:
Heya,

Very best,

So... you didn't like them that much to stick with them?!
lol

:wink:

(still waiting for mine to arrive. Probably leave them here at the office!)

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #70 of 273

Quote:
So... you didn't like them that much to stick with them?!
lol

:wink:

(still waiting for mine to arrive. Probably leave them here at the office!)

Heya,

They're great little headphones, for sure.
But they're not competing with my HE-500's.
So I have no reason to keep them, beyond simply testing and sending off to someone else.

Very best,

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #71 of 273
Nor did I expect them to... :wink:
(I actually want that one - HifiMAN HE-500 - ... probably in a couple of years)

Thanks.

P.S. Great reviews BTW.!

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #72 of 273
Thanks to MalVeauX for the monoprice cans. Just setup payment and shipping for them, they'll be a great set of throw in a bag, don't care if they're stolen headphones.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #73 of 273

Quote:
Thanks to MalVeauX for the monoprice cans. Just setup payment and shipping for them, they'll be a great set of throw in a bag, don't care if they're stolen headphones.

Wait till you guys hear these cans.. He is not exaggerating on the sounds..You guys will be pleasantly surprised with a can that sound like a $150 phone..
It just takes a few good men to try them out to understand why I have taken a whole bunch of poop just to let folks know about the kickers. 

It does my heart good to see people like Malveaux come out with an honest assessment on these phones.. Chime in on the threads to inform more people on these.. There are guys that look for the sounds on these cans but have yet to find them.. I say at these prices everyone should try them out.

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #75 of 273

Quote:
Can anyone comment as to whether these compare to a Shure440 in terms of sound quality?

More bass, less clear, less define in bass and mids, the highs are sharper (meaning rougher), less comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back