Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1
Jan 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #47 of 81
I just tried my EX1000s with the wrong tips purposely(as to not have a seal), and they sound pretty much exactly as you guys are describing them. "Radioish" is appropriate. I'm not trying to infer anything, it's just curious how some people describe the sound the same as those who don't have a proper seal do, and the same way I hear it without a seal. But I understand that our ear canals are all relatively unique acoustic chambers and because of that no two people will hear 'phones exactly the same(then take into account preference and "brain-in"). Just look at all the people who like stuff like Skullcandy Skullcrushers. Their ear canals are apparently acoustically suited to having diarrhea injected directly into them.

Does ANYONE know where to get the EX1000 cables? Link please? I'd really like to see for myself if there's an audible difference there.

Quote:
I couldn't have said it any better. It's EXACTLY what I thought of them. And the j-phonic K2 SP treble is even more aggressive and fatiguing and that affects midrange too. Simply horrible. Sounds radioish. No foam or whatever mod/tip could fix such ridiculous treble spike.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #48 of 81
Hi Selenium,

There are audible differences. Have a look at this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/13-custom-iem-tf10-cables-reviewed-uber-muzik-v5f-added-1-03-2012

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #49 of 81
Quote:
Hi Selenium,

There are audible differences. Have a look at this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/13-custom-iem-tf10-cables-reviewed-uber-muzik-v5f-added-1-03-2012

He meant between the stock Sony cables, my friend. There are two separate versions, as is explained here, or here.

@Selenium: you'll have to ask music_4321. He'd know best.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #50 of 81

Diarrhea cha, cha, cha! :wink: 
Quote:
I just tried my EX1000s with the wrong tips purposely(as to not have a seal), and they sound pretty much exactly as you guys are describing them. "Radioish" is appropriate. I'm not trying to infer anything, it's just curious how some people describe the sound the same as those who don't have a proper seal do, and the same way I hear it without a seal. But I understand that our ear canals are all relatively unique acoustic chambers and because of that no two people will hear 'phones exactly the same(then take into account preference and "brain-in"). Just look at all the people who like stuff like Skullcandy Skullcrushers. Their ear canals are apparently acoustically suited to having diarrhea injected directly into them.

Does ANYONE know where to get the EX1000 cables? Link please? I'd really like to see for myself if there's an audible difference there.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #51 of 81
lol they cant be that bad can they?... actually...

anyway, in regards to the cable i also would like to know where to get ex1000 cables, when i seen that mine had a ex600 cable i was a little gutted but i expected it, bit strange they have ex600 stamped on the cable of ex1000's, however what is stranger is that the spare cable i got with mine are a little shorter and has ex1000 stamped on it and a much higher quality plug?????? beats me, cant use it every day tho its a touch short. thoughts??

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #52 of 81
EX1000 has been my favorite IEM for about 2 months now. I used to listen to my beloved IE8 but now I don't even touch them anymore. I put them on just a while ago and only one word come out of my mind "muffled". Compare to the clear and crisp sound of EX1000, I feel like IE8 really belongs to a lower level and is no match for these cans.

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #53 of 81

Quote:
EX1000 has been my favorite IEM for about 2 months now. I used to listen to my beloved IE8 but now I don't even touch them anymore. I put them on just a while ago and only one word come out of my mind "muffled". Compare to the clear and crisp sound of EX1000, I feel like IE8 really belongs to a lower level and is no match for these cans.

What kind of music you generally listen to?

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #57 of 81

Quote:
The EX1000 is smoother and generally less prone to harshness than the EX600 is.

As part of the business strategy, maybe Sony intentionally made the EX600 harsher so they can push up the price for the EX1000. I think the harshness of the EX600 is still tolerable to me.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #58 of 81
Neither one is harsh to my ears. 
smile.gif
 Though as revealing as the EX is, remember, trash in = trash out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back