Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #62 of 81

Quote:
Doesn't that suck when someone ears are not designed right :wink:. Another headfier found the IE8 to have no bass lol. Guess his ears aren't designed right for those as well.

Wasn't born with them Golden Ears 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #63 of 81

Quote:
Wasn't born with them Golden Ears 
rolleyes.gif

Are you gonna sell your EX1000? I sold mine and bought a used pair of FX700. I find the FX700s far superior to the EX1000 and not sibilant and harsh like the EX1000. It is aggressive but nothing like I found the EX1000 to be. Plus using them at low volume levels still gives you amazing imaging. The timbre is also to die for.

The IE80s are also up there IMO. The presentation is different but the pairing is heavenly with my Studio V. The IE80s get a lot more use time than the FX700s TBH.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #64 of 81

Quote:
Are you gonna sell your EX1000? I sold mine and bought a used pair of FX700. I find the FX700s far superior to the EX1000 and not sibilant and harsh like the EX1000. It is aggressive but nothing like I found the EX1000 to be. Plus using them at low volume levels still gives you amazing imaging. The timbre is also to die for.

The IE80s are also up there IMO. The presentation is different but the pairing is heavenly with my Studio V. The IE80s get a lot more use time than the FX700s TBH.

I'm gonna buy Monster Supertips and if fit isn't the issue, than I will cry in sorrow as I love the design of the EX-1000s (That shape and the magnesium housing and all that marketing bs "16 mm liquid crystal polymer diaphragm, 440kJ/m^3 magnets"  really looks so technical and cool to a student studying engineering) and they have removable cables (albeit expensive to get a replacement cable -.- ). I might sell it, might keep it for the sake since its such an unique IEM in terms of technology, design, no BA for a flagship (though the new Sony BAs are certainly tempting). Also I might also just get the FX700s without selling the Sonys, my only worry is the non-replaceable cable although the F700s looks drop dead amazing (I'm a sucker for wood). 

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #65 of 81

The cables are very strong on the FX700. I'd say comparable in strength to the IE8 and that is saying a lot. Also if you are in the USA you could get an extended warranty from square trade.

Regarding the EX1000 looks. If looks could kill (in the bad way lol) I was very embarrassed to wear these out in public. They just look so weird.

There's just something about the FX700s wood housing and driver that makes it so seductive. You'd have to hear that timbre to know what I am talking about. It screams realism which even the EX1000 had nothing on it.
Quote:
I'm gonna buy Monster Supertips and if fit isn't the issue, than I will cry in sorrow as I love the design of the EX-1000s (That shape and the magnesium housing and all that marketing bs "16 mm liquid crystal polymer diaphragm, 440kJ/m^3 magnets"  really looks so technical and cool to a student studying engineering) and they have removable cables (albeit expensive to get a replacement cable -.- ). I might sell it, might keep it for the sake since its such an unique IEM in terms of technology, design, no BA for a flagship (though the new Sony BAs are certainly tempting). Also I might also just get the FX700s without selling the Sonys, my only worry is the non-replaceable cable although the F700s looks drop dead amazing (I'm a sucker for wood). 

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #66 of 81
The EX1000s and Triplefis both are embarassing to wear in public. But if your just staring at the EX1000s, they look so purdy. Whats weird is I prefer the TripleFis the most out of the EX1000s and Klipsch X-10s. Man you tempted me into thinking about getting the FX700s. :D and :frowning2:

Quote:
The cables are very strong on the FX700. I'd say comparable in strength to the IE8 and that is saying a lot. Also if you are in the USA you could get an extended warranty from square trade.

Regarding the EX1000 looks. If looks could kill (in the bad way lol) I was very embarrassed to wear these out in public. They just look so weird.

There's just something about the FX700s wood housing and driver that makes it so seductive. You'd have to hear that timbre to know what I am talking about. It screams realism which even the EX1000 had nothing on it.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #68 of 81

Quote:
The EX1000s and Triplefis both are embarassing to wear in public. But if your just staring at the EX1000s, they look so purdy. Whats weird is I prefer the TripleFis the most out of the EX1000s and Klipsch X-10s. Man you tempted me into thinking about getting the FX700s. :D and :frowning2:

I actually am getting my TF10 reshelled. Hope they turn out great. While I do like the sound of the TF10 its kinda an experimental IEM for the custom route. Almost a throw away kinda deal for me. Got it on the cheap from the black Friday sale. Sorry for peaking your interest in the FX700 lol. They truly are worth the interest, just as my beloved IE80s :wink:

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #69 of 81
I disagree, pertaining to the EX1000's as embarrassing when worn in public. I use mine with the small size meelec single flanges, which offer a much deeper seal than the Sony hybrid tips do, and in turn, the EX1000's don't protrude nearly as much. Same goes for the EX600, of course. 
smile.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #70 of 81

Well on me they made me look like a clown lol. I actually got stares from people in public lol.
Quote:
I disagree, pertaining to the EX1000's as embarrassing when worn in public. I use mine with the small size meelec single flanges, which offer a much deeper seal than the Sony hybrid tips do, and in turn, the EX1000's don't protrude nearly as much. Same goes for the EX600, of course. 
smile.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #71 of 81
I'm not out to impress anyone, so it really makes no difference to me whether or not I'm attracting stares. Stare all you want, lol. In fact, take a picture for friends and family, haha! 
tongue.gif

If they heard as I heard, I'm sure they'd care just as little. 
wink.gif
 As they say, earphones on, world off. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #72 of 81

Quote:
I'm not out to impress anyone, so it really makes no difference to me whether or not I'm attracting stares. Stare all you want, lol. In fact, take a picture for friends and family, haha! 
tongue.gif

If they heard as I heard, I'm sure they'd care just as little. 
wink.gif
 As they say, earphones on, world off. 
biggrin.gif

+1. It's ok to stare as long as they don't grab them and run away.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #73 of 81
Quote:
+1. It's ok to stare as long as they don't grab them and run away.

And it's for that reason I tuck the cable underneath of my shirt, so unless they attempt to disrobe me, the earphones aren't going anywhere. Bare, if you dare, is the name of the game. 
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #74 of 81
Almost every 'phone I have get stares in public. The Sonys, Monsters, Monoprice 8320, TF10s, etc. are all eye-catching. None of my IEMs are as eye-catching as my SQ5 cans though, and I have no problems wearing those in public.

Sylafari: If you can't get a seal with the stock tips, Monsters tips do in fact work with these, as do Comply T400s. Double-flange tips might help too.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #75 of 81
Well my master plan for the FX700s will have to be put on hold as I just blew out my wallet and purchased a Grado HF-2 >.> (It's not my fault! It was shiny! And there was wood on it!). Maybe I will have to sell the Sonys :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back