Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 15, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #61 of 1,488
Nov 15, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #62 of 1,488
I know this is being pushed as a portable headphone but I wonder if that isn't selling the home audio possibilities short? I find there are many situations where I really need a closed-back headphone for relaxed listening to block out the noise of the neighbors and the world in general. These may provide the perfect opportunity to lose myself in the music. That's why I really believe Meze needs to release a longer (say 2 meter) balanced XLR cable.

I recently bought the Audio-gd R28 (2022) R2R DAC/Amp combo and it tamed my Empyrean's sound quality and balance to the point where I questioned needing to upgrade to anything else. It truly sounds Flagship! Seeing the Liric as a closed headphone, I believe the Liric/Empyrean and R28 could give me all I need for sound (for now:wink:).

Please Meze, don't overlook the home audio crowd with the Liric. Please release some longer (XLR and 4.4mm) balanced cables to compliment your longer single-ended cables.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #63 of 1,488
This new headphone looks enticing to me, and the black with bronze colors are one of the beautiful combinations out there.
I protect all my headphones but I can see and understand those who wants replaceable earpads. I would like to read more reviews from the regular owners as I don't trust influencers talking overly positive.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #64 of 1,488
I know this is being pushed as a portable headphone but I wonder if that isn't selling the home audio possibilities short? I find there are many situations where I really need a closed-back headphone for relaxed listening to block out the noise of the neighbors and the world in general. These may provide the perfect opportunity to lose myself in the music. That's why I really believe Meze needs to release a longer (say 2 meter) balanced XLR cable.

I recently bought the Audio-gd R28 (2022) R2R DAC/Amp combo and it tamed my Empyrean's sound quality and balance to the point where I questioned needing to upgrade to anything else. It truly sounds Flagship! Seeing the Liric as a closed headphone, I believe the Liric/Empyrean and R28 could give me all I need for sound (for now:wink:).

Please Meze, don't overlook the home audio crowd with the Liric. Please release some longer (XLR and 4.4mm) balanced cables to compliment your longer single-ended cables.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends
You're not the only crazy one, i'm considering buying this over LCD-5, since i would also rather use closed backs at home, and this looks a lot more tempting than Stealth.

This new headphone looks enticing to me, and the black with bronze colors are one of the beautiful combinations out there.
I protect all my headphones but I can see and understand those who wants replaceable earpads. I would like to read more reviews from the regular owners as I don't trust influencers talking overly positive.
People are blowing the earpad thing way out of proportion. They're as replaceable as my Z1R or the Stealth or any Audeze.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #65 of 1,488
I would like to read more reviews from the regular owners as I don't trust influencers talking overly positive.
i think regular owners are emotionally and financially much more invested than professional reviewers (which i wouldn't denigrate as "influencers") and hence less reliable. I therefore look to professionals for a balanced assessment and to say what they think - although always politely and sometimes quite subtly. I thought the review by Major HiFi was insightful (plus i really like his style and that he cares about music, not just gear), and i'm really looking forward to reviews by @Resolve or maybe @twister6 or even https://darko.audio/.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #68 of 1,488
i think regular owners are emotionally and financially much more invested than professional reviewers (which i wouldn't denigrate as "influencers") and hence less reliable. I therefore look to professionals for a balanced assessment and to say what they think - although always politely and sometimes quite subtly. I thought the review by Major HiFi was insightful (plus i really like his style and that he cares about music, not just gear), and i'm really looking forward to reviews by @Resolve or maybe @twister6 or even https://darko.audio/.
I know what you mean. Influencers might be a bad chosen word but talking overly positive seems fishy to me. None of the product is perfect and 100% flawless. I would like to know the justified critism, does it has issues or other flaws? Comfort? Etc etc.

It's because they have no choice - they just but a new one. I threw away a 2 year old iPhone because the battery died.
Tech companies like that are one of the biggest scums out there. There was an age where the batteries were not glued/soldered and now they force us to "upgrade" to "newer" phone.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #69 of 1,488
Well I have no choice to chance it. There are no stores for me to go to. So I did smart thing went headphones.com use that 365 return policy

Nov 15, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #70 of 1,488
It's because they have no choice - they just but a new one. I threw away a 2 year old iPhone because the battery died.
Seriously? Why would you do that when you could have Apple replace it for £50-£70. As a rule I keep my iPhones for at least 3 years before upgrading… I’ve never had to change a battery myself but my wife had an iPhone 7 that had one replaced for £25. I certainly wouldn’t chuck one away because of a dead battery.

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #74 of 1,488

Users who are viewing this thread

Back