Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 1,493
As far as a balanced upgrade cable, is the Liric using the same terminator as the 99 and therefore able to be paired with those upgrade cable accesories?
Looks like it. Watched a few reviews that are up on YouTube, looks to be the exact same as their Classics series.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #17 of 1,493
Ordered. Look forward to comparing to ZMF VC and Kennerton Rognir later this week.
Waiting for your impressions about, specially comparing with your Rögnir :beerchug: Certainly, would be a surprise to have a "mini-Rögnir" for almost middle of its price tag :L3000:

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #19 of 1,493
A mini-Rögnir is definitely the ideal (even if the Liric gets half-way, it would be a good result). Stay tuned.... :)
I'm pretty sure that the Liric gets way further than halfway

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 1,493
Congratulations they look amazing!

Let me do some nagging here on the official thread.

The Liric are very likely to draw Elite/Empyrean users that they need a portable friendly solution with the same sound quality.

Why didn't you keep the same 4 pin mini XLR plugs so we can use our upgraded cables?

Very good observation, but that's the whole point when we develop a new product form the ground up. If our user need a portable friendly solution, we should provide them the best options instead of offering compromised design to protect our sales volume. On the other hand, while the Liric is a fine re-engineering with smaller diaphragm and close-back requirement, it won't beat the Empyrean or Elite under these constraints and at a lower cost.

Mainly space consideration, the 3.5mm TS socket is only a fraction of the mxlr socket in terms of diameter and we can integrated it into the magnesium frame seamlessly. The following diagram illustrated the socket design in the Liric magnesium frame.

Liric_5.jpg

The headphone cable will also be benefited because the 3.5mm TS connectors are lighter and it will not get into you way when want to roll up your headphone cable, something we do that very often in portable application.

For the record, the 99 Series OFC or silver plated upgrade headphone cable work fine with Liric and they are readily available already. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #23 of 1,493
That is one of the most idiotic decisions I've ever seen such a company make. It's disgustingly embarrassing to even know they think this is okay.
You have some weirdly extreme Reaction to this detail🤔

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #24 of 1,493
If i may hazard a guess, I'm going to say the non-replaceable earpads is likely a function of the ear pad airflow system they tout. From the diagrams it seems that replaceable pads + that might've been a bit too much of a thing to implement.

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #25 of 1,493
"The roof on this house is not removable??" Forget it then!"

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #26 of 1,493
"The roof on this house is not removable??" Forget it then!"
The roof of my house doesn't absorb my sweat everyday. It's an idiotic decision and I'm only reacting this way because they'll come up with an update next year saying they've fixed it. If your headphones have non-replaceable earpads in 2021, they are not a finished product.

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 1,493
If i may hazard a guess, I'm going to say the non-replaceable earpads is likely a function of the ear pad airflow system they tout. From the diagrams it seems that replaceable pads + that might've been a bit too much of a thing to implement.
Not only that, the removeable earpads usually have an impact in sound as well.
That's the reason why Audeze never implemented a similar earpad swap system.

After seeing the graphic I understand why they went for it. That way they could reduce the size to make it more portable without sonic downsides.

Sure, some people (including me) don't need it portable and extra size wouldn't have mattered. However that was a primary Design goal here, achieved with a clever solution

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #28 of 1,493
The roof of my house doesn't absorb my sweat everyday. It's an idiotic decision and I'm only reacting this way because they'll come up with an update next year saying they've fixed it. If your headphones have non-replaceable earpads in 2021, they are not a finished product.
So you're basically saying all Audeze, Dan Clark Audio etc. Headphones are unfinished products?

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #29 of 1,493
I just listen to my headphones and clean off the pads whenever necessary. With the hundreds of headphones I've owned, I'd say I've replaced pads maybe 10 times. A soft cloth or lint roller usually takes care of any dirt or grime. But that's just me. Others seem quite upset that the pads are not removable.

Having said that, if the pads are not removable for sonic reasons, why not have a thin outer covering that you can remove and clean?

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #30 of 1,493
So you're basically saying all Audeze, Dan Clark Audio etc. Headphones are unfinished products?
This is from Meze "Non-detachable ear pads
Do not attempt to pull, remove,
replace or repair this component."

Audeze pads & such ARE replaceable. You can do it yourself. They're just glued on. Meze is telling you not to do that. How are you defending this. Look at that price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back