Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #47 of 1,493
My only frustration is I did not have a chance to listen to it with the balanced output only single ended but from what I heard I feel this is going to be an excellent choice for any one wanting a more transparent reference tuned closed back.​
Interesting, I'm curious to see how it measures.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #49 of 1,493
Do you think this is in the same league with the top tier closed backs for desktop use?

Well it's tuned different from a lot of what's on the market so it's hard to say without sitting down with a few other options but at first listen I felt it certainly held it's ground!

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #52 of 1,493
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 15, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #54 of 1,493
@Andykong there are going to be a lot of people that want to use these on their desktop systems (like me). You might want to put a bug in Meze`s ear about releasing longer balanced XLR cables for these. An extended single ended cable is already included with a 6.5mm adapter. An extended XLR cable would only be natural. The only balanced 99 cable offered online right now is 1.2m.
Cheers! :beerchug:
HK sends

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #55 of 1,493
Please read on, we have explained the problem already.

Glancing over the product page I would imagine it has something to do with both the small vent on the cups and also the "Ear Pad Air Flow System" so the ePads are essentially apart of the acoustic chamber for the driver it self.

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #56 of 1,493
Glancing over the product page I would imagine it has something to do with both the small vent on the cups and also the "Ear Pad Air Flow System" so the ePads are essentially apart of the acoustic chamber for the driver it self.
Fancy! Im all for it, can't wait to see the design regardless.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Nov 15, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #58 of 1,493
People defending a company that can't find a way to make the pads removables.

What a period to live in! 🤣🤣
Having put hands onto the pads they felt well machined. Clean stitching, sturdy but light weight materials not at all flimsy

An speaking of non removable options I use my cellular phone EVERY single day and the batteries are no longer user serviceable, yet millions of people never have an issue or need a replacement. While having a user serviceable replacement is a nice option it was removed in lieu of better more functional features. Namely waterproofing and wireless charging, so the same applies here, new concepts have been applied and I'm confident, like cell batteries, the ear pads will last assuming the user isn't abusive or excessively hard on them.

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #59 of 1,493
People defending a company that can't find a way to make the pads removables.

What a period to live in! 🤣🤣
You should read the thread, they are replaceable even user replaceable.
The notice is primarily there to prevent those used to the Empyrean and Elite pads from removing them to find out that they have no magnets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back