Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 15, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #76 of 1,474
Why are all these reviews this lazy or useless.
Because they're not reviews.
They're advertisements.
That's true, init? I used to watch Unbox Therapy a ton in the past, before discovering more audiophile-centric reviewers. Wanna talk about lazy or useless, check out that guy, who gets sponsored like crazy for reviews (sound-related anyway) despite how empty they are in comparison. But people buy schitt because of him, & hence that cycle continues. Check out his video of Final Audio's D8000 to get an idea.

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #77 of 1,474
This is from Meze "Non-detachable ear pads
Do not attempt to pull, remove,
replace or repair this component."

Audeze pads & such ARE replaceable. You can do it yourself. They're just glued on. Meze is telling you not to do that. How are you defending this. Look at that price
I am with you on this.

I was expecting a follow up to 99 Classics, not a $2000 TOTL.

Why does everything these days has to be $2000 -4000?

Guess these companies are trying to be Apple.

I agree that looks are also important but is it more important than sound?

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #80 of 1,474
That's true, init? I used to watch Unbox Therapy a ton in the past, before discovering more audiophile-centric reviewers. Wanna talk about lazy or useless, check out that guy, who gets sponsored like crazy for reviews (sound-related anyway) despite how empty they are in comparison. But people buy schitt because of him, & hence that cycle continues. Check out his video of Final Audio's D8000 to get an idea.
LOL I got the same feeling with Unbox Therapy. Followed him some years ago and thought he was fun. Later found out all the reviews are just plain ads that cover nothing but the marketing stuff. Imagine having almost 20 million subs with videos rumbling "Wow this sponsored product is the best sounding/looking/feeling ever!"

I know what you mean. Influencers might be a bad chosen word but talking overly positive seems fishy to me. None of the product is perfect and 100% flawless. I would like to know the justified critism, does it has issues or other flaws? Comfort? Etc etc.

Tech companies like that are one of the biggest scums out there. There was an age where the batteries were not glued/soldered and now they force us to "upgrade" to "newer" phone.
Yeah I seriously can't take most reviews credible anymore when all they focused on were 99% pros and 1% cons while the 1% con is probably "too expensive" or "could have more color options":beyersmile:

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #81 of 1,474
Never has the motivation to up my professional game been so present.

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #82 of 1,474
Regarding pricing, the Liric is a baby Empyrean essentially with the same tech, plus it was built from the ground up in-house. All of this costs a lot, other companies can reduce costs by recycling the same chassis, drivers, etc which isn't happening here. Despite this, the Liric is half the price.

This means these features will become cheaper in subsequent releases. As we've seen from others like 64 Audio and their tia tech, these innovations become cheaper over time and cost-savings compound with reduced cost of chassis and driver design after their initial inception. Sure, I wish it was cheaper, but one day it will be. Until then, innovation is good and there will always be those who can afford and will enjoy it.

As for reviewers advertising, I wish this generated some form of income but you can ask any reviewer, this is not a viable source of income even if you were to resell the samples - a lot of companies are now marking review units physically to dissuade from this practice. Unless you're generating huge views on Youtube and are amassing sponsorships accordingly, you won't be in the green.

No company has ever offered to pay for a review nor would I accept it. It is a huge investment of time and as a dental student, this is not something I have readily available - I cannot imagine how difficult it is to balance for those with full-time jobs and a family too. I just enjoy audio, writing, photography and meeting new people with like interests.

I am nothing but grateful for the opportunities manufacturers afford reviewers and also for the reviewers who take the time to write impressions on gear when I am looking to purchase as a paying customer. I will always be thankful to those that value my opinion enough to read through some lengthy word salad :)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #83 of 1,474
The pads are part of the port system could be that they need to be correctly put in. Might be issue they glued them on. Sure they will design a fix. But port has to be exact when the ear is fixed directly in the path, It's easier to pick mess ups with bass imbalance. Those would be most reasonable explanation I would except.😜😂

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #85 of 1,474
Looking at your prices @MezeTeam it is clear that your focus is the US market. Could you please explain why the headphones are more expensive in Europe? I would expect it to be at least same value.
I actually think $2000 and €2000 is entirely reasonable. I can think of many companies that mark up prices for European import that are totally disproportionate, but here does not seem to be the case.

More here in any case: https://www.headphoneauditions.nl/faq/

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #86 of 1,474
Having put hands onto the pads they felt well machined. Clean stitching, sturdy but light weight materials not at all flimsy

An speaking of non removable options I use my cellular phone EVERY single day and the batteries are no longer user serviceable, yet millions of people never have an issue or need a replacement. While having a user serviceable replacement is a nice option it was removed in lieu of better more functional features. Namely waterproofing and wireless charging, so the same applies here, new concepts have been applied and I'm confident, like cell batteries, the ear pads will last assuming the user isn't abusive or excessively hard on them.
And u got a lot of people defending the "right to repair", so what's your point on that? Comparing the bad things of the phone market to defend a bad implementation on headphones?

And phone are easily reaplaceable on 3-4 years because they gets old... But a headphone should a 1 life time buy if u find the right one. Looks beyerdinamic or Sennheiser for example, making swapable headbands and earpads.

You should read the thread, they are replaceable even user replaceable.
The notice is primarily there to prevent those used to the Empyrean and Elite pads from removing them to find out that they have no magnets...
And u should read my comment, Im not talking about the phone itself, I'm talking about people defending a decision that is clearly bad for customers.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #87 of 1,474
Looking at your prices @MezeTeam it is clear that your focus is the US market. Could you please explain why the headphones are more expensive in Europe? I would expect it to be at least same value.
They Cost pretty similar.
2000€ incl tax in europe
2000$ + tax in US

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #88 of 1,474
I actually think $2000 and €2000 is entirely reasonable. I can think of many companies that mark up prices for European import that are totally disproportionate, but here does not seem to be the case.

More here in any case: https://www.headphoneauditions.nl/faq/
I don't think so. If a headphone, which is made in Europe is priced at 2000 Euro then the equivalence value is 2275 USD without considering the logistical cost. If we take the US market as benchmark then the fair price in Europe should be 1760 Euro considering that these are made in Europe and there is no need to import them. For me the pricing seems unfair for European customers and that's the reason I wouldn't buy the headphones.

They Cost pretty similar.
2000€ incl tax in europe
2000$ + tax in US
Not true. The price is for international distributors. 2K USD is the price in the US.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #89 of 1,474
I don't think so. If a headphone, which is made in Europe is priced at 2000 Euro then the equivalence value is 2275 USD without considering the logistical cost. If we take the US market as benchmark then the fair price in Europe should be 1760 Euro. For me the pricing seems unfair for European customers and that's the reason I wouldn't buy the headphones.
Personally, I don't think the numbers you're talking about are worth quibbling about. I think you're also neglecting the taxes/duties/VAT involved when translating one currency to another.

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #90 of 1,474
I don't think so. If a headphone, which is made in Europe is priced at 2000 Euro then the equivalence value is 2275 USD without considering the logistical cost. If we take the US market as benchmark then the fair price in Europe should be 1760 Euro. For me the pricing seems unfair for European customers and that's the reason I wouldn't buy the headphones.
The thing is, I’m quite sure the $2000 does not include taxes that varies from state to state. The UK price includes VAT and imagine the EU one does as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back