Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #1,861 of 3,070
Quote:
There are any changes (except
design) in 2stepdance if to
compare with (v.1) stepdance?

Yes. Primarily better battery life. The sound is meant to be about the same although the opamps have changed. Low gain mode is now unity gain (0 db) instead of 6 db which is better with IEMs. The external gain switch is also handy.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,863 of 3,070
Quote:
Has impressed that skylab in the review this amplifier in one level with lisa3 has put. Were after that commets readers about bias of the author of the review?

Normally I don't criticize crap English but yours is remarkably incompehensible. In addition, sifting through the broken grammar, it seems that you are also engaging in libel. TOEFL is your friend, sir.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #1,864 of 3,070
You know, I have noticed the past few days a few new posters being less than wonderful, all with less than ten posts. I reported one, I wonder if there is a spammer on the loose!

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #1,865 of 3,070

Quote:
Normally I don't criticize crap English but yours is remarkably incompehensible. In addition, sifting through the broken grammar, it seems that you are also engaging in libel. TOEFL is your friend, sir.

I don't know English language. I use google the translator. In any slander I do not participate. 2stepdance REALLY gives a sound approximately as lisa3?

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #1,866 of 3,070

Hi soap-dish,

Quote:
I don't know English language. I use google the translator. In any slander I do not participate. 2stepdance REALLY gives a sound approximately as lisa3?

We are lucky to speak English as our native language - so please forgive our frustration with your use of Google translator.

I also had a problem understanding the post that cooperpwc was writing about.  But that's OK.  Don't worry about it.

To answer your question, all I can say is Skylab's opinions are his own, but they are highly regarded - many people on this forum trust his opinions.  But they are still just one man's opinion.  

It's impossible for anyone else to contrast the Lisa 3 with the 2Stepdance without having spent some time listening to both of them.  

This is one of the hardships of the hobby - spending money on the unknown.  I recommend you buy a 2Stepdance and enjoy it for at least a few months.  If at sometime in the future you want to try a different amp, buy the new amp before selling the old amp.  Listen to them both for a while, then decide which one you want to keep.  

Mike

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #1,867 of 3,070

Quote:

To answer your question, all I can say is Skylab's opinions are his own, but they are highly regarded - many people on this forum trust his opinions. 

Also another opinion.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #1,868 of 3,070

smile.gif

That's funny Audiogamma, but actually, that which you quoted was not written as an opinion - it's a statement of fact - a fact that's readily apparent even to members who don't agree with Skylab's opinions:

Fact:  Skylab's opinions are his own, but they are highly regarded - many people on this forum trust his opinions.

Opinion:  I highly regard Skylab's opinions - his opinions can be trusted. 

Opinion:  Skylab may be highly regarded by many people who trust his opinions, but I neither regard him highly nor do I put any trust in his opinions.

Mike

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #1,869 of 3,070

Quote:

smile.gif

That's funny Audiogamma, but actually, that which you quoted was not written as an opinion - it's a statement of fact - a fact that's readily apparent even to members who don't agree with Skylab's opinions:

Fact:  Skylab's opinions are his own, but they are highly regarded - many people on this forum trust his opinions.

Opinion:  I highly regard Skylab's opinions - his opinions can be trusted. 

Opinion:  Skylab may be highly regarded by many people who trust his opinions, but I neither regard him highly nor do I put any trust in his opinions.

Mike

Either you suffer from multiple personalities or you need another run at that undergrad logic course. I'll admit that I do trust Skylab's opinion on the current Chicago weather. Try again.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #1,871 of 3,070
Time moves so quickly, doesnt it ? It seems like only yesterday when the 2Stepdance was rolled out onto a playing field already abuzz with a host of brand new 'big' portables - we've all read Mikes comparisons, and there have been a couple of new additions to the 'arms race' since he wrote that.

Were I a rich man, I would happily put the 2Stepdance in a DBT with the AHA-120, ALO Continental, uHA-6S, iBasso P4 and SR71A to see which has the best combination of raw power and finesse. Sadly, I'm not, so I'll hand it back to you guys to organise said DBT  :wink:

Dec 22, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #1,872 of 3,070
I'll be getting the T5 today if the postman is actually going to be on time once. It has BTL ground (a sort of balanced ground) which I personally hope to be somewhere close to my beloved StepDance. Fingers crossed.

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #1,875 of 3,070

Quote:
Either you suffer from multiple personalities or you need another run at that undergrad logic course. I'll admit that I do trust Skylab's opinion on the current Chicago weather. Try again.

Wow...

If I said, "Obama is highly regarded by his supporters" does that mean that I'm likely to vote for him?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back