Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #1,069 of 3,070
Mike, I should now be getting My XP on wednesday as my friend is going down to the States twice this week instead of the usual once (friday he is going down all day as he is picking up two of the new Ipads!) so hopefully by wednesday I should be able to see if the standard XP package comes with the tip needed. If memory serves me Racio got his with not the full complement of tips (I think he got his from Amazon) so hopefully the full package contains the right tip.

I did play around with tips and found for size the powerex stealth charger cable tip to be the right size and looking at the pdf Energizer have it looks like one of the DVD tips may fit. I wish they would make it clearer, surely it would be easy for them just to give dimensions of the tip sizes.

I still have not heard back from them regarding my question on this!

GG, My stepdance arrived in ten days but please allow a few either way of that for the stepdance, be sure to check your mailbox as mine was left in mine, it did not require a signature.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #1,070 of 3,070

Ian,

I suspect Energizer knows they would lose sales if they published dimensions of the finite selection of tips that come with the XP8000. I think they intentionally withhold that information. That's fine as long as they make good on the two free tips per year guarantee (having disclosed that we will pay for shipping), but it all falls apart if their Tip Finding service is non-responsive.

Racio desired and was capable of making a very short DIY cable for his Stepdance, but what about folks who don't have soldering skills or equipment?

All that said, I know that the 3.5mm O.D./1.3mm I.D. coaxial power connector needed for the Stepdance is not uncommon, so I would be very surprised to learn that an XPAL tip is not available in that size.

As I said before, all we need is their part number for that tip, but getting that information from them is not easy, apparently. If we were searching for a tip to fit any one of hundreds of common consumer devices that are in their database, we'd be done, already.

Did you write them via the Tip Finder Service (html form) or by e-mail to a support address?

And how long ago, exactly?

Thanks,

Mike

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #1,071 of 3,070
Hi Mike, I see what you mean.

I wrote to energizer via HTML form, I will shoot them another email today via the support.
All being well I will find out either way on Wednesday!

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #1,072 of 3,070
I've recently purchased the XP18000 not the 8000 version and I was be able to find an adapter tip to work with the Stepdance. If you need picture the I will try to take some.

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,073 of 3,070

Quote:
I've recently purchased the XP18000 not the 8000 version and I was be able to find an adapter tip to work with the Stepdance. If you need picture the I will try to take some.

That would be wonderful, thank you! If I understand correctly the tip that fits came as standard with it?

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,074 of 3,070

Hi cukis350!

Quote:

Please tell us if the adapter tip you "were able to find" came with the XP18000 (or did you have to order it separately)?

Also:  The tip might have a part number on it, like "NB04" for example - can you please examine the tip closely (the tip that fits the Stepdance) and see if you can't come up with a part number?

Here are pictures and part numbers that come with the XP8000: 
http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com/vn/downloads/package-contents/PC-XP8000.pdf

Here are pictures and part numbers that come with the XP18000: 
http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com/my/downloads/package-contents/PC-XP18000.pdf

The tip sets appear to be identical for the XP8000 and XP18000.

Can you tell from looking at the XP18000 PDF file, above, what the part number is that fits the Stepdance (if, indeed, you "were able to find an adapter tip" among those that shipped with your XP18000)?

Thanks!

Mike

(Sent this as a PM, too.)

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,075 of 3,070
Oh I am so hoping it is one of the standard tips otherwise another few weeks wait for the correct tip!

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #1,076 of 3,070

Ian,

I received the XPAL Willy Cable WI15 today, but my XP8000 isn't estimated to arrive for another 3 to 8 days, so either you or cukis350 will likely be first to provide the thus far unobtainable answer to a question people have been asking on this thread for weeks:  

Does the XP8000 come with the tip we need for the Stepdance?  

This has morphed into a second question that's haunting me:  How many XPAL+Stepdance owners posting to this forum does it take to answer the first question?  Answer:  More than two...

This reminds me of an old joke:  How many pscychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?   Answer:  Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

regular_smile .gif

Mike

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #1,077 of 3,070
^
biggrin.gif
I just hope mine is there on Wednesday and I can put us all out of our misery! Of course once your results with the XPAL Willy ( sorry, I am a Brit living in Canada and every time I see Willy on this thread my thoughts go to school yard humour!!) I know I will probably be right in their to get one as well!

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #1,078 of 3,070
Guys,
Yes the tip came with the XP18000 and the tip number is NB05 which is the same size as the cable plug into the 9-12V output of the XP.

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #1,079 of 3,070

Quote:
Guys,
Yes the tip came with the XP18000 and the tip number is NB05 which is the same size as the cable plug into the 9-12V output of the XP.

Really really useful post, thank you so much cukis, that is the same as that which comes with the XP, Great, just hope USPS delivers it by Wednesday now!

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #1,080 of 3,070

Quote:
Will be entering the 9th business day since payment on Monday (today). Hope it arrives.

So I won't be able to use the XP8000 until I find the tip for it ._. hmmm...

Thanks.  I emailed Jan after I posted, and he said 10 days.  So, we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back