Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #2,927 of 3,070
  ^ Those iFi Power units are probably the highest quality "wall-warts" out there, but just try and find the 15V version for purchase online.  I can't, but I don't really need one.

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/

Yeah, iFi stuff is always a bit illusive, and the iPower is more so. You probably have to ask iFi customer service to find out who is stocking them.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #2,928 of 3,070

No comment......

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #2,929 of 3,070

No comment......

I'll comment!   
biggrin.gif

That's almost too neutral and too transparent for my tastes.  I've logged several hours listening to a similar setup - the only difference being a Sony NWZ-A17 Line Out, but I've also got even more hours trying this with a FiiO X5 Line Out (PCM1792A DAC).

For my tastes, it's a tad too "crisp" (at least with an un-modded HD800).  I much prefer orthos with this setup (LCD-2, PM-1).

Then again, there's no accounting for my tastes.  

Enjoy it!  

I love seeing the original Stepdance still in service (on 15V power, no less.)

Mike

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,930 of 3,070
I'll comment!   :D

That's almost too neutral and too transparent for my tastes.  I've logged several hours listening to a similar setup - the only difference being a Sony NWZ-A17 Line Out, but I've also got even more hours trying this with a FiiO X5 Line Out (PCM1792A DAC).

For my tastes, it's a tad too "crisp" (at least with an un-modded HD800).  I much prefer orthos with this setup (LCD-2, PM-1).

Then again, there's no accounting for my tastes.  

Enjoy it!  

I love seeing the original Stepdance still in service (on 15V power, no less.)

Mike

Yes it is on 15 volt. The bass tightens the second I plug in the Willy cable...

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #2,931 of 3,070
BTW, I found out the Stereo Electronic in Singapore carries the iFi iPower 15V power supply.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #2,933 of 3,070
Lotoo PAW 5000 with Meier Quickstep, really nice combo and perfect footprint.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #2,936 of 3,070
  Oooooh...That's a neat and cute interconnect...me want..
biggrin.gif

I can't really remember where it came with, I think it was something from Fiio. But anyway, JDSLabs has the same one for $4.99

https://www.jdslabs.com/products/146/ultra-short-3-5mm-interconnect-cable/

EDIT: It came with the Fiio Q1

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #2,937 of 3,070
Hello,

I might be interested in this amp if i have better understanding  about it's sound character.
Can any owner please describe the sound of this amp whether it is neutral or slightly warm, low: is it weighty like RSA or smooth n deep like ALO, mids: is it clear forward or sweeter and smooth, highs : is it bright and extended or smooth and subdued.  How about the sound stage, layering, depth and dimension ?

Sorry it's prob too much too ask but it'll be nice to hear comparison to other portable as well  ( I had all ALO amps, RSA Intruder/Predator, E12, portaphile and mini3)

Thank in advance.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,938 of 3,070
You know in regards to RF interference I can say with confidence it was actually something I did not notice when I used it back when I had the PCM D-100. It should be mentioned as well that I was also using a Nakamura NXT-2. It's funny cause at the time I didn't notice but having stumbled on this section of the forums I was reminded and thought I would share in case anyone was happy with thier 2stepdance. I will also just mentioned how happy this little amp made me, and plan to test it in conjunction with the AUne M2S I recently received. Would have done an earlier comparison, however I've been completely taken by the synergy the M2S, B1 and MEE P1 have had.

If anyone is interested I'll be sure to share/update later

Edit**
I should also mention the power supply I had for it, was somewhat special. It was made with the intention of providing a proper power supple with the added effect of limiting its effect with artifacts and noise. I'll be sure to include a picture of it tonight when I get home. I was fortunate to find it at my local Radioshack that was closing.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #2,939 of 3,070
Dear headfellows,

" Can any owner please describe the sound of this amp whether it is neutral or slightly warm, low: "

Being the designer of the amp I can't give you an "objective" opinion.

But today Lieven published a review on Headfonia that you may like:

http://www.headfonia.com/review-meier-audio-corda-quickstep-impressive/

Enjoy reading!

:)

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back