Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #1,127 of 3,070
GG,

You might have to use all your strength - it does require considerable force to get the battery cover flush with the back of the Stepdance, but you don't have to remove anything.  Just make sure you have the knob turned, as shown in the picture below, before trying to press the battery cover into place, then once it's flush, you must turn the knob clockwise to its closed position (as shown).

smile.gif

Mike

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #1,128 of 3,070
It's MUCH smaller than I expected :D I might cover the silver parts up with black tape to go along with my black solo which will probably be arriving mid-next week :p It's been in customs for 4 days now...

Is there a considerable amount of difference when burned in?

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #1,130 of 3,070

Quote:
You could disassemble it (very easy to do), then take just the bare aluminum case and the battery cover to a plating shop and ask them to "black annodize" the case to match the battery cover. I think you'd be amazed st how affordable it would be and when you post a picture here, you'd be the envy of many a Stepdance owner.

Great advice Mike, In fact it would then match the solo perfectly as it has similar brushing on it's case!

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #1,131 of 3,070
How about doing that for the solo LOLL. My iPad [will be] white and my stepdance is silver. Solo is the only thing that's standing out :| Tried to make it silver but failed cuz I asked them on the 5th, and on the 9th it told me it was shipped on the 3rd. boo :frowning2: and thumbs down for Canadian customs for holding my solo for 4 days without even starting to review it. =_=

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #1,132 of 3,070

Quote:
How about doing that for the solo LOLL. My iPad [will be] white and my stepdance is silver. Solo is the only thing that's standing out :| Tried to make it silver but failed cuz I asked them on the 5th, and on the 9th it told me it was shipped on the 3rd. boo
frown.gif
and thumbs down for Canadian customs for holding my solo for 4 days without even starting to review it. =_=

You should ask Ken if you can send it back unopened and he send you the silver version. I can't imagine if the box etc is unopened it would be a problem..Of course it means more waiting!
Portland is not that far..Maybe a road trip there with your family, you could be down and back in a (long) day!

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #1,134 of 3,070

I think Ian is referring to Portland, Oregon in the U.S. - which must be where the Solo is made...

In addition to the caption seen on the packaging of many toys which reads, "Some Assembly Required" everyone getting into Head-Fi should embrace the motto "Some Waiting Required."

I like to think I'm a patient guy, but the whole of Friday passes without a word from Thursday's four contact attempts with Energizer and I'm losing it - after just one day of waiting! :xf_eek:

But haste makes waste and a stitch in time saves nine and all like that, right? :rolleyes:

I will WAIT and I will enjoy the anticipation! :D

Mike

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,135 of 3,070
GIRLS GENERATION

If you don't want to ship your Solo back to ALO I have a spare silver case that you are welcome to have for the cost of shipping it to you.

I pre-ordered a Solo last December and when it arrived ALO had mistakenly sent a Silver Solo instead of black. To avoid another set of import duty Ken (ALO supremo) sent me a black case and a hex driver to swap them over. The cases are easy to change as the Solo innards slide out. A couple of the hex screws were a bit stiff on the silver case but a small pair of pliers undid them easily. Let me know if you'd like the case as I was just going to throw it away.

Cheers.  

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #1,136 of 3,070
GIRLS GENERATION

If you don't want to ship your Solo back to ALO I have a spare silver case that you are welcome to have for the cost of shipping it to you.

I pre-ordered a Solo last December and when it arrived ALO had mistakenly sent a Silver Solo instead of black. To avoid another set of import duty Ken (ALO supremo) sent me a black case and a hex driver to swap them over. The cases are easy to change as the Solo innards slide out. A couple of the hex screws were a bit stiff on the silver case but a small pair of pliers undid them easily. Let me know if you'd like the case as I was just going to throw it away.

Cheers.  

OMG that would be WONDERFUL!!@#

Where do you live? I'll send you a PM

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #1,139 of 3,070
Now THAT'S funny!

It reminds me of how I used to play Backgammon on an online gaming forum years ago and could seldom find anyone to play with me UNTIL I changed my avatar to a picture of a blonde and changed my account name to "Heather"! The wait times shrank to nothing but then I had to field a lot of annoying chat asking me where I lived and how old I was! I was forever responding, "I'm here to play backgammon!"

Mike

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,140 of 3,070

Quote:
but then I had to field a lot of annoying chat asking me where I lived and how old I was! I was forever responding, "I'm here to play backgammon!"

Mike

Yep - the internet : the men are men, the women are men and the children are law enforcement. Gotta love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back