Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #1,111 of 3,070
Oh no Mike! I wish I had a spare NB05 tip, I would send you it!

Did you get your XP from Amazon? I think racio said he got his from there, I wonder if so, if the ones amazon get's are slightly different. I got mine from B&H and it came with everything!

I hope their support in sending out tips is better then their support in answering questions!

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #1,112 of 3,070

OK, start the clock...

----

I have submitted an e-mail to to http://support.xpalpower.com/index.php?lang=us  (Customer Service Contact html form) requesting they send me the missing tips.

I also asked if they make a tip similar to the NB05 that will attach to the end of the Willy Cable WI15 (so that I can power a device that accepts the NB05 tip with 15V.)

---

I sent a message to Energizer PowerPacks at Amazon Marketplace via the Amazon Contact Seller html form, asking for the three missing tips.

---

I left a voice mail at Energizer's XPAL Technical support number (866-972-5769) asking how I can obtain a tip that looks like an NB05 but that will fit on the end of a WI15 cable.

---

I submitted a request via html form to their Tip Finder Service asking for a tip that looks like an NB05 but which can be attached to a WI15 cable.

---

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

Trying not to reach for the soldering iron.

Mike

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #1,113 of 3,070
I'm measuring 15.12 Volts on the downnstream end of the Willy Cable WI15 when the other end is connected to the 19-Volt jack (blue) of the fully charged XP8000.

That's less than 1% deviation from spec so I'd be willing to connect it to the Stepdance (if I had the right tip.)

Worst case, I'm now confident I can use the XP8000 + WI15 as a constant, non-decaying 15-Volt battery pack (even if a DIY cable must be created.)

Mike

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #1,115 of 3,070
GG,

If a they have a tip that can allow the Willy Cable WI15 to be used with the Stepdance, potentially dozens of current and future Stepdance owners will be able to order that tip, the WI15, and an XP8000 or XP18000 as an affordable, constant-voltage, 15VDC power supply for desktop or portable use - with no soldering required.

As altruistic as this may sound, I'm trying to benefit a larger community than Racio, Ian, cukis350, you, and me.

If and when I throw in the towel on my pusuit of this goal, I will make myself a DIY cable by modifying my WI15. Then, if it works as I hope, without frying my Stepdance, I will order another WI15 and modify it for you at cost of parts and postage.

Please be patient and supportive of the larger goal.

Mike

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #1,116 of 3,070
Here's the result of the Amazon Marketplace "Contact Seller" e-mail I sent to Energizer PowerPacks:

"Your e-mail(s) to Energizer PowerPacks cannot be delivered because the e-mail address we have on file for that customer is incorrect or their mailbox is full. The recipient may view the message in their message center on Amazon.com, but they will not receive it by e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #1,117 of 3,070
Mike, why does this latest news come as not suprise! I re wrote the request yesterday about tips that would fit but this time with the willy cable, I thought if a few of us sent emails it might wake them up so that we can all benefit.. It looks like that might not work now reading your latest post.. Hmm, I will try Energizer Canada directly instead of through their message service as when I try that way they divert me through the US!

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #1,118 of 3,070
I'm not surprised, just persistent. One of four contact attempts has already proven itself to be a dead-end street, but it's been less than 24 hours, so I'm willing to wait for the other three. Unfortunately, this first failure to communicate is with the Amazon Marketplace vendor that sold me the incomplete XP8000, so I will have to work with Amazon to affect a return (or to obtain the missing tips).

All of this is becoming increasingly off-topic to the purpose of this thread, so I'm going to stop posting battery-related updates until I've come up with a FINAL recomendation.

:rolleyes:

Mike

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #1,119 of 3,070

Quote:
I'm not surprised, just persistent. One of four contact attempts has already proven itself to be a dead-end street, but it's been less than 24 hours, so I'm willing to wait for the other three. Unfortunately, this first failure to communicate is with the Amazon Marketplace vendor that sold me the incomplete XP8000, so I will have to work with Amazon to affect a return (or to obtain the missing tips).

All of this is becoming increasingly off-topic to the purpose of this thread, so I'm going to stop posting battery-related updates until I've come up with a FINAL recomendation.

rolleyes.gif

Mike

True, may be off topic Mike but very pertinent as the amp is so capable and reliable there is not much more to be said about it other than what has been said or new folks thoughts when they get theirs. I must admit, yours and Racio's experiments have been gripping for me to read in ways to improve what is already magnificent sound quality coming from the Stepdance.. I for one vote you keep posting as I am learning so much from it!

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,121 of 3,070
Where did you Canadian guys order the xp8000 from? Out of curiosity I've just done a few searches online but it seems all usual the Canadian vendors (Futureshop, Best Buy, The Source) carry either the 4000 or 18000, not the 8000.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #1,123 of 3,070
Where did you Canadian guys order the xp8000 from? Out of curiosity I've just done a few searches online but it seems all usual the Canadian vendors (Futureshop, Best Buy, The Source) carry either the 4000 or 18000, not the 8000.

As GG said, B&H, they have a special on at the moment, $70. They also calculate and include taxes and customs in it so it should be no more than $90 to your door!

Also, it seems the ones on Amazon are missing tips, the one I got from B&H came with everything.

As mike has said it does indeed improve the sound quality, also I am listening at the moment with my triple.fi10's and the volume is at 9 and volume is plenty, the Denon's are more than loud enough at 11. ( looking at the volume knob as a clock face).

To me it is very much worth the expenditure!

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #1,125 of 3,070

As GG said, B&H, they have a special on at the moment, $70. They also calculate and include taxes and customs in it so it should be no more than $90 to your door!

Also, it seems the ones on Amazon are missing tips, the one I got from B&H came with everything.

As mike has said it does indeed improve the sound quality, also I am listening at the moment with my triple.fi10's and the volume is at 9 and volume is plenty, the Denon's are more than loud enough at 11. ( looking at the volume knob as a clock face).

To me it is very much worth the expenditure!

pmed u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back