MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Feb 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,576 of 1,638
Quote:

Yeah, but they don't have an iPod remote, which is what I was hoping for. It seems like the jack is designed only for locking cables, rather than being fine with any 3.5mm cable. Too bad Sony didn't stick with the same locking mechanism for the MDR-1R. (looks like it's just held in with pressure?)

More of a lock the way when you put a jack into a jack.

When you said 1.2m I was thinking of the long one :p my bad

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #1,577 of 1,638
Hi a_recording,
I have the same issue with my 7520 being that there is a slight buzzing noise present in the left earcup with certain low frequencies.
I can only hear it when I play my keyboards through the headphones.

It is safe to say that once i started hearing this and isolated it to the left cup, I couldnt stop hearing it!

I opened the cup and tried to move the cable around and even tape it to the cup but it is still audible.

How did you sort out yours if you dont mind me asking?

Many thanks!!

Quote:
After some time with the foam modded Z1000's, I've decided to take the foam out and go back to the regular sound. While the foam did make the Z1000's a bit more solid, the loss of those glossy highs I think took away from their special character. Luckily when removing the foam I was able to route the cable into a better position and now the buzzing I've heard has gone away. Undoubtedly it was the cable moving around inside the cups, which is a bit of a easy to anticipate problem. I'm a little disappointed that more care wasn't taken to make sure it wouldn't occur.

I'm still interested in the possibilities of adding some mass damping to the baffle but I'm still not sure how this could be done, but perhaps it would be possible on the ear-side. I'm getting some Shure 940 earpads soon and I wonder if these will fit the Z1000 as well. I'll also see about ordering those Head Direct earpads but I'm not sure the ones that are on the website are the same as the HE-300 ones - they were mentioned as slightly angled and the ones on their website do not appear to be angled at all.

Ahh, experiments are fun! 

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,580 of 1,638
Hi guys,

Does anyone else have an issue with the Z1000/7520 where there is a buzzing/rattle/material vibration noise at low frequencies around 50hz-200hz?

It is happening on my 7520 in the left earcup.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,582 of 1,638
Quote:
there've been reported cases. There are mods somewhere within the thread if you need them.

Hi MrViolin,

Are you referring to the 'mod' in the post bellow? That didnt work, I have been in touch with a_recording and the buzzing is still there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510768/mdr-z1000-new-sony-flagship-headphones/1365#post_8285540

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,584 of 1,638
Quote:
Hi MrViolin,

Are you referring to the 'mod' in the post bellow? That didnt work, I have been in touch with a_recording and the buzzing is still there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510768/mdr-z1000-new-sony-flagship-headphones/1365#post_8285540

ye I think that's the one. There were a few mods here (if memory serves correct. I know that there were at least 2). 

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #1,585 of 1,638
It was back in the couple moths ago i believe i was posting my comment in this threat about to sell my z1000. But now i can believe my self i am so in love with it. My complain was the mids had too much weight and less musical for my taste. But the more i listen to it the more i addicted to it, especially the mids which is so smooth for a closed can. I love the fit, i love the neutral character and i may say for a closed can in this price range...this could be an excellent headphone and able to reproduce a smooth balance sound. Very nice !

My best rig to pair with z1000 are: 
IPC160gb + Alo National / IPC160gb + Fostex HP-P1

I share my picture just to color this threat a bit 
size]

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,586 of 1,638
Quote:
It was back in the couple moths ago i believe i was posting my comment in this threat about to sell my z1000. But now i can believe my self i am so in love with it. My complain was the mids had too much weight and less musical for my taste. But the more i listen to it the more i addicted to it, especially the mids which is so smooth for a closed can. I love the fit, i love the neutral character and i may say for a closed can in this price range...this could be an excellent headphone and able to reproduce a smooth balance sound. Very nice !

My best rig to pair with z1000 are: 
IPC160gb + Alo National / IPC160gb + Fostex HP-P1

I share my picture just to color this threat a bit 
size]

glad to hear you like your z1000. nice btw, heres mine, unfortunately my ibasso dx100 doesnt work now and will need to be sent back to ibasso. i used my comps camera so the image quality sucks 

900x900px-LL-4783cb14_Snapshot_20130102_3.jpeg

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #1,587 of 1,638
How does it goes with dx100? I tried with my ak100+alo international but i still prefer the sound from my above pictures combination. Also with ak100 alone somehow the sound a bit loosing of its body.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #1,588 of 1,638
How does it goes with dx100? I tried with my ak100+alo international but i still prefer the sound from my above pictures combination. Also with ak100 alone somehow the sound a bit loosing of its body.

I wish the bass is tighter and has more impact and has more subbass presence but other than that, no complain, clarity is great, sounds "sharp", vocals sound realistic :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,590 of 1,638
I am totally agree with you as wish for the thing :D

LOL I don't think we are the only ones :D though I do think the bass is deep and has body but tighter, more impact bass and more subbass will probably make it even more likable for me. Have you had a chance to try out the 1R? I only demoed it for like 2 mins in Sony store, not using my player since its broken or songs I know since I don't have my player and not having my z1000 with me. The 1R may have more bass and it also sounds pretty clear to me. It felt comfortable on my head though I have only had it on for like 2 mins LOL. It may be worth a look, also its cheaper than the z1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back