MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Apr 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,606 of 1,638
Thanks for your respond M13. I checked already with Jaben store. Unfortunately mdr7520 is not available in my country indonesia. Looks like all sony's pro version is hard to get in here. Btw i asked him to check with jaben singapore. If they got it...i might grab one !

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,607 of 1,638
Btw..just let you know guys...yesterday i spent time with my z1000 using combo ipc160 wav file + fostex hpp1 (as dac source) + govibe vestamp. I played music like Kari Bremnes/Alison Krauss/Patricia Barber/Marie Gundersen/Eva Cassidy/Robert Lucas....all i can say i just REALLY love the timbre sound from this z1000. Everything is just so sweet. And sound is like bigger..wider and full bodied. Trully satisfied. I did ab-ing with my t5p and still i amazed by how good this z1000 able to perform (means better than t5p with this setup). Trully satisfied !

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,610 of 1,638
Agreed. I would consider this as a very portable in fullsize cans category. Though sometimes i feel like i need more air around my ear when using it...but i also feel the fit is very comfort and steady as well. In the world of portable...i would surely prefer this over my t5p considering both in all aspects including the sound.. Of course t5p might shine with higher destop setup..but you need to invest a lot more on the rig. Being said that...z1000 is definitely worth a keeper when u looking for a good portable cans.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #1,611 of 1,638
Quote:
Agreed. I would consider this as a very portable in fullsize cans category. Though sometimes i feel like i need more air around my ear when using it...but i also feel the fit is very comfort and steady as well. In the world of portable...i would surely prefer this over my t5p considering both in all aspects including the sound.. Of course t5p might shine with higher destop setup..but you need to invest a lot more on the rig. Being said that...z1000 is definitely worth a keeper when u looking for a good portable cans.

when i bought my z1000, i intended to use it portably. unfortunately, it doesnt fit my portable needs so im also going to go down the ciem path but im keeping my z1000.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #1,612 of 1,638
When I got my 7520's, I thought I'd sell my Z1000's.

But no.

While I recognize the aspects of the 7520's that leads many
to say they're better than the Z1000's, at the same time the
Z1000's do some things better than the 7520's.
Like timbre, like very fine detail.  Sometimes the
7520's slightly more powerful bass can be obscuring..

Kudos to Sony for doing a great job on both of these.

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #1,613 of 1,638
Quote:
 why not keep them and save up more for the ciem?

I'm a minimalist and a perfectionist. I limit all of my inventory to only the things I really need. Now it's a CIEM. I want highest mobility and best sound.

I might be moving to another country soon and in that case I want to get rid of anything I can't carry with me in two cases.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,614 of 1,638
Quote:

I'm a minimalist and a perfectionist. I limit all of my inventory to only the things I really need. Now it's a CIEM. I want highest mobility and best sound.

I might be moving to another country soon and in that case I want to get rid of anything I can't carry with me in two cases.

Sometimes when i look at all my gear sitting alone in the drawer, i also think exactly the same as u mentioned  
size]

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #1,615 of 1,638
Quote:

when i bought my z1000, i intended to use it portably. unfortunately, it doesnt fit my portable needs so im also going to go down the ciem path but im keeping my z1000.

yes.. somehow i just feel the same way...every time i travel i mostly used my iem...but i also carry z1000 in the bag around with me...and use it many times during my waiting moment...i just love the size of this think..to me is still very easy to carry and just grab and listen...but i definitely not using my t5p outside the house. 
size]

May 23, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #1,617 of 1,638
i dont get why people say z1000 has warm mids though, to me it sounds clear but not warm, my files are usually cd quality and i use my z1000 with my ibasso dx100. someone cares to chime in? is it because of you guys using warmer amps or something? 

May 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #1,618 of 1,638
Imo i don't think is a warm sounding. Sometimes on some recording it can act a bit analitycal and tend to be colder sounding but is not and is just a clear mids. A bit warmer to the sound could be better.

May 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #1,620 of 1,638
Quote:
Imo i don't think is a warm sounding. Sometimes on some recording it can act a bit analitycal and tend to be colder sounding but is not and is just a clear mids. A bit warmer to the sound could be better.

yep, i prefer it to be a little bit warmer sounding too though i dont think its cold sounding, just a little harsh and fatiguing sometimes... i agree with the mid sounding clear. and actually the bass impact, i thought wasnt enough and i thought the bass wasnt tight enough, its tight enough and has enough bass impact for me now, i would like to post the change of impression here. however, i still would like more subbass and the mids being a little bit warmer. i may look into the denon d600 to see if i really like it or not, i listened to it and thought it sounded pretty nice and musical to my ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back