"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Dec 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #2,282 of 6,388
You'll probably be hearing from their union rep though... something about better hours and more cookies. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,284 of 6,388
Quote:
So I have a pair of DT880's (250 ohm) that I'm burning in and on the Leckerton MK-II I had it on high gain with the volume maxed and it was tolerable for sure. I'm trying to figure out whether the Leckerton MK-II will drive the Mad Dogs well. I wanna cry thinking it won't be able to.

Dan, Matt or Aaron, any thoughts on this?

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #2,286 of 6,388
Quote:
So I have a pair of DT880's (250 ohm) that I'm burning in and on the Leckerton MK-II I had it on high gain with the volume maxed and it was tolerable for sure. I'm trying to figure out whether the Leckerton MK-II will drive the Mad Dogs well. I wanna cry thinking it won't be able to.

Yup it does.

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2,287 of 6,388
Quote:

Quote:
Dan, Matt or Aaron, any thoughts on this?

I had my doubts that it would be substantially better than my Pico Slim, which is one of the reasons I went for the iBasso DB2+PB2 combo.  That said, the Pico Slim drove them adequately, and it has a gain that goes from either -2 or 0 to about 6.

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,289 of 6,388
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #2,290 of 6,388
Quote:
Wow, thats pretty quick. I thought they took a lot longer!

We are usually able to keep in stock these days, sometimes a part is short and there's a brief delay, but it's seldom more than a few days.  Our goal is to ship most orders next day, and orders received before 10AM Pacific go out same-day when possible.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #2,292 of 6,388
I've lent out my headphones for a few try to, however Etsys is trying to put together a little loaner program.
I think it would be a great idea, if it takes off. Bring a nice sense of community (which seems to be lacking), while offering a way
for people to demo headphones that otherwise may not be feasible.

In the beginning the idea is demo'ing the Mad Dog, while sending in your current headphone or leaving a deposit or perhaps just by
being vetted. Still haven't worked out the details.

I think it would be great if this grew beyond just the MD's, my headphone inventory will hopefully be available to other's.
If things go smoothly.

Anyways, check the thread out, subscribe and show your interest. If you'd like. LINK

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #2,293 of 6,388
^^ Great idea. I really believe that the maddogs are unappreciated and that most of the community just doesn't know how good they are. If I were Dan, I'd be circulating a demo pair for sure to get the word out.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,294 of 6,388
I know this is off topic but I've been in this thread since the beginning and need some votes on my poll. http://www.head-fi.org/t/642072/make-my-day-vote-my-poll

Don't worry I already own Mad Dogs 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #2,295 of 6,388
Seriously considering ordering a pair of these.
My dilemma at the moment though is that I can't justify owning too many pairs of headphones, and at the moment my office/chill close headphones are Pro900s.
They're not the greatest with their piercing treble but they're good for when I feel like intense bass for genres like DnB / dub

I absolutely love my he400s, and it sounds like the MDs are a somewhat of a closed version of these, with maybe a tad less bass but still that unique planar sound.

One good thing about Pro900s for office and other use away from home is that they sound good out of portable amps/dacs like Fiio E17 / Audioengine D1, whereas it sounds like these MDs need something a bit beefier?

I assume my Mstage would power them OK at home, but if I wanted to use them away from home would I need to get another good desktop amp or would my E17 be OK?
I guess I could get something like a Meier Rock/Jazz if that would be a significant amp improvement (fed by e17 dac-only) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back