"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Dec 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #2,311 of 6,388
Could a couple owners who have the Homegrown silver cable post pics? I'm curious about the cable!

Thanks....

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #2,312 of 6,388
Grr, my mad dogs were supposed to be here today, but USPS just drove right by my house... :mad:

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,313 of 6,388
Just felt like chiming in to say USPS sucks anyways, holiday time everyone sucks EVEN MORE 
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #2,314 of 6,388
Just felt like chiming in to say USPS sucks anyways, holiday time everyone sucks EVEN MORE 
beerchug.gif

Yeah, seriously. They're late with 2 of my headphone orders...

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #2,315 of 6,388
Quote:
Grr, my mad dogs were supposed to be here today, but USPS just drove right by my house...
mad.gif

A similar thing happened to me a few months ago.  Actually, the tracking information indicated the item was to be delivered on that Saturday, but they just dropped off the letter portion of the mail.  It was an order that was quite important to me.  I ended up calling my local post office, and they gave me the number to the supervisor of the facility where the mail trucks and mail get dispatched for my route.  He informed me that the driver on my route was a temporary / fill-in driver, so he contacted them for me and had them head back to my house with the Priority mail package.

Never accept horrible service from anyone.  Just be tenacious, and you'll get what you deserve.

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2,316 of 6,388
A similar thing happened to me a few months ago.  Actually, the tracking information indicated the item was to be delivered on that Saturday, but they just dropped off the letter portion of the mail.  It was an order that was quite important to me.  I ended up calling my local post office, and they gave me the number to the supervisor of the facility where the mail trucks and mail get dispatched for my route.  He informed me that the driver on my route was a temporary / fill-in driver, so he contacted them for me and had them head back to my house with the Priority mail package.

Never accept horrible service from anyone.  Just be tenacious, and you'll get what you deserve.

Hmm, I wonder if I should give USPS a call...
Edit: turns out they close at 3PM PST on Saturdays...
To make things worse, our local post office is closed on Saturdays too... Gotta love Adventists... :rolleyes:

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #2,317 of 6,388
Quote:

Oh? you've got doggers now? 

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2,318 of 6,388
I wanted to write a few words for any new incoming head-fi members thinking about purchasing these or anyone just coming into this thread.

So I had a pair of Mad Dogs which I got recabled to hirose connector (iBasso) because at the time I had an iBasso amp obviously. I sold the iBasso amp and then shortly after sold the Mad Dogs knowing I would just buy another pair that would work with my current portable amp (Leckerton MK-II). Now I also wanted to try various other headphones that I haven't tried before, so that's what I've been doing. To make a short story shorter, I've basically been buying headphones in the 300-400 dollar range and returning them because I simply haven't found anything that can even come close to what the Mad Dogs can do. My advice to you is that if you are on the fence about the Mad Dogs vs other cans in the 300-400 dollar price range go ahead and get the Mad Dogs because IMO you will not find anything that comes close to their sound quality.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,319 of 6,388
Quote:
I wanted to write a few words for any new incoming head-fi members thinking about purchasing these or anyone just coming into this thread.

So I had a pair of Mad Dogs which I got recabled to hirose connector (iBasso) because at the time I had an iBasso amp obviously. I sold the iBasso amp and then shortly after sold the Mad Dogs knowing I would just buy another pair that would work with my current portable amp (Leckerton MK-II). Now I also wanted to try various other headphones that I haven't tried before, so that's what I've been doing. To make a short story shorter, I've basically been buying headphones in the 300-400 dollar range and returning them because I simply haven't found anything that can even come close to what the Mad Dogs can do. My advice to you is that if you are on the fence about the Mad Dogs vs other cans in the 300-400 dollar price range go ahead and get the Mad Dogs because IMO you will not find anything that comes close to their sound quality.

smily_headphones1.gif

THIS!

:wink:

(I actually basically did the same thing! lol... My mini impressions are on the Appreciation thread...)

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2,320 of 6,388
Quote:

THIS!

:wink:

(I actually basically did the same thing! lol... My mini impressions are on the Appreciation thread...)

Seriously tho! lol it's like dammit, guess I'm sending this one back too.

Hey gelocks, what other cans do you have and like besides the mad dogs? Have you came across anything that can compare cause I certainly haven't

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #2,322 of 6,388
I used to have K701s so I feel like I might be able to answer it. Obviously soundstage is wider on the akgs but I prefer the imaging on the mad dogs, definitely not small by any means. 701s tended to take me out of the music with how separated everything was while the mad dogs just sound...natural. Bass obviously is no comparison, mad dogs really have that great Ortho bass while the 701s were definitely anemic even with my amp. While I still would prefer the akgs for classical I'd take the mad dogs for anything else, resolving enough for my tastes yet also just makes the music come alive. I can't take them off my head haha.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #2,325 of 6,388
Thanks mate, I just found out about these and also realized that there ortho's & closed back....
Well I'm definitely interested.....Very tempted to give them a try.

I think they're worth it. I always take risks on lesser known headphones bull and I'm glad I picked these over some Senns I will tell you they need some juice though, not as much as the 701s but I can't listen to them at an acceptable volume through any of my mp3 players. If you've got any sort of decent amp though you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back