M9 Replacement ear tips recommendations
May 1, 2010 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Deviatorz

New Head-Fier
After doing some searching I found a couple:

Comply T-400 and TX-400
bi-flange

I want something that will last long and after reading some reviews, Complys get dirty easily. Are silicone ear tips better than foam in terms of noise isolation and quality? Anything that's less than $10? Are there any other alternatives? Need shipping to Canada too.

Thanks in advanced.

May 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 11
+ 1 on Sony hybrids. They work very well with the M9s.

May 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 11
May 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 11
+1 for the Sony Hybrid eartips. In the US you can easily find them at any Best Buy store for $7.99 for a pack of various sizes, but I'm unsure about Canada. Rugged, internally color-coded and useful for "standard" IEM posts (Creative 630/Skullcandy Ink'd/JVC Air Cushions/MMelectronics M9 -basically anything that fits the Comply 400's) as well as smaller IEM posts (Shure E2c/MEElectronics M6 - basically anything that fits the Comply 500's).

I've also found that the VModa Bass Freq eartips work well for the M9. I have a set of clear ones, and I've noticed that they're uniquely a tad more pliant than most of the other silicone ear tips I own. By this I mean that when I use them they make a better seal in general for me, but of course everyone's ears are different.

If all else fails, try to find a cheap pair of Skullcandy Ink'd IEMs and use the tips from those. I had good success with their eartips on a few of my other IEMs, and they're rather sturdy.

Finally, check out Radio Shack's audio section for replacement tips. They carry a house brand called Auvio which includes replacement ear tips. They come six to a pack (S M L) for $7.99 down here in the US, but were recently on sale for $5. I own these and found their unique flange lip that extended past the opening leading to the ear canal to be one hell of a nice innovation. You get that last little bit of in-ear extension which, to my amateur ears, helped with the sound a bit. I highly recommend these if you can find them.

You can find a picture of what those tips generally look like here .

Good luck! I'm loving my M9's as well and have also been experimenting with different tips, too.

May 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalesha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 for the Sony Hybrid eartips. In the US you can easily find them at any Best Buy store for $7.99 for a pack of various sizes, but I'm unsure about Canada. Rugged, internally color-coded and useful for "standard" IEM posts (Creative 630/Skullcandy Ink'd/JVC Air Cushions/MMelectronics M9 -basically anything that fits the Comply 400's) as well as smaller IEM posts (Shure E2c/MEElectronics M6 - basically anything that fits the Comply 500's).

I've also found that the VModa Bass Freq eartips work well for the M9. I have a set of clear ones, and I've noticed that they're uniquely a tad more pliant than most of the other silicone ear tips I own. By this I mean that when I use them they make a better seal in general for me, but of course everyone's ears are different.

If all else fails, try to find a cheap pair of Skullcandy Ink'd IEMs and use the tips from those. I had good success with their eartips on a few of my other IEMs, and they're rather sturdy.

Finally, check out Radio Shack's audio section for replacement tips. They carry a house brand called Auvio which includes replacement ear tips. They come six to a pack (S M L) for $7.99 down here in the US, but were recently on sale for $5. I own these and found their unique flange lip that extended past the opening leading to the ear canal to be one hell of a nice innovation. You get that last little bit of in-ear extension which, to my amateur ears, helped with the sound a bit. I highly recommend these if you can find them.

Good luck! I'm loving my M9's as well and have also been experimenting with different tips, too.

Thanks for all your replies. Yea I check all them out. I think the sony eartips are most popular with the M9's but I'll take a look at all the ones you suggested too Whalesha. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 11
I went to Best Buy and bought the Sony Hybrid eartips for about $9, but they don't fit! The Hybrid's inner color-coded tube will not fit inside (or outside of) the M9's cylinder-shaped earpiece.

How did you guys manage to get them to work? I really hope I didn't waste my money..

Quote:

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 11
Yeah, I pretty much wasted my money on the Hybrid's since they don't fit.
angry_face.gif

Quote:
I went to Best Buy and bought the Sony Hybrid eartips for about $9, but they don't fit! The Hybrid's inner color-coded tube will not fit inside (or outside of) the M9's cylinder-shaped earpiece.

How did you guys manage to get them to work? I really hope I didn't waste my money..

Sep 24, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 11
Hybrids will fit on almost anything - just don't worry about tearing them and apply force (within reason, of course). Start from the side and carefully work them onto the M9's nozzle. I've even gotten them onto the H2O Audio Surge and JVC FXC80, both of which have wider nozzles than the M9.

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 11
thanks for the advice! it was a real pain in the butt to get them on, but after 15 minutes of hard struggle, i managed to get them on. and the m9's even sound better than before with deeper bass.
dt880smile.png

again, thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back