Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 20, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #6,046 of 9,188
I've got an 8 Core Copper, 8 Core Silver and a couple of 4 Core Graphene. I use the Copper and the Graphne with the 3DT and I used the other Graphene with IMR RAH.
With the 3DT, the graphene is miles better than the supplied cable but I still prefer the Copper with the 3DT. The difference is not night and day between the copper and Graphene. It's more subtle; the copper tames the higher frequencies ever so slightly - You'll be happy with the Graphene cable but I'll be interested to hear about you comparisons between the 4 core and 8 and what if anything you notice.
I see. 4 core graphene cable that I bought was for MMCX connector (for LZ A6). I bought 8 core graphene for both MMCX and 2pin, so I can try that for 3DT but 4 and 8 core comparison cannot be done with 3DT unfortunately. But I will leave my brief impression between 4 core and 8 core. Also I can compare how 3DT sounds if I swab cable from current 8 core pure silver to graphene one. As a crazy treblehead (I can handle excess of treble peaks lol or I am high frequency deaf), I liked silver cable over copper for 3DT.

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #6,047 of 9,188
Does XINHS have listings for other cables besides the IEM and those with the two prong connectors? I understand he can do custom but I was curious to see his wares.

Also, I see he is not using what I would call popular named connectors.
How would you rate them?
What brand are they?
How do they hold up?

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #6,048 of 9,188
I also am a treble head. I love clarity sparkle air - but not at the expense of the mids and low end. So while many like copper because it attenuates the high end, and I found the same, I also find it brings a bit of extra weight to the lower frequencies. Given what you've said, it's a safe bet you'll like the graphene. On my IMR EDP (Planar) it deepend the bottom end and brought a bit of sparkle up top and like that same cable with the 3DT also.

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #6,049 of 9,188
Does XINHS have listings for other cables besides the IEM and those with the two prong connectors? I understand he can do custom but I was curious to see his wares.

How would you rate them?
What brand are they?
How do they hold up?
The hardware on every cable I've gotten from him has been solid as can be. All stainless housings around the jacks, pins, & splitters. The quality has been exceptional. He'll make what ever you want. If you see a cable image in his store with the faux carbon, just ask him to replace it with stainless.

Apr 20, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #6,051 of 9,188
Does he have email or a way to contact? I looked around his store but found nothing
Click on any item in the store or preferably on something you're interested it and below the main description you'll see a contact link as in this screenshot
Tell him Olsen from Headfi and Canada sent you and he may offer you a little discount. Nothing in it for me but he has offered me a discount from time to time because of the headfi traffic and he usually extends it to other headfiers unless it's already on sale.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #6,052 of 9,188

How would you rate them?
What brand are they?
How do they hold up? Screenshot_20210416-131104_AliExpress.jpg
So far he can offer such plug above, but if you have other requirements, can always message hime with ready pictures of your specs.

I recalled once i need to customize a cable for my etymotic, but alas the L mmcx is not in his inventory.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #6,054 of 9,188
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #6,055 of 9,188
look like a limpid pro cable,
20210421_194108.jpg

I just received it, this is 30X microscopic view of in. First impression, it have more tighter bass compare to 8 cores graphene. Will burn it for around 150hrs.

Apr 21, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #6,057 of 9,188
Apr 21, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #6,058 of 9,188
20210421_194108.jpg
I just received it, this is 30X microscopic view of in. First impression, it have more tighter bass compare to 8 cores graphene. Will burn it for around 150hrs.
That is a pretty cable.

Do you have a normal range pic?

Are you allowed to disclose pricing on the paladium cable?

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #6,059 of 9,188
It's not available. As soon as @slex wrote that he picked one up, I wrote to XINHS looking for one and was told he got the only one. If they decide to sell it, he'll let me and presumably everyone else, know. For now we just have to rely on Slex's impressions and if they are as expected, press XIN to make it.

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #6,060 of 9,188
I also really hope that there's a reasonably priced paladium cable available. Addtion of paladium are expected to improve treble and clarity of sound as well, could be an ultimate cable for lovers of such sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back