Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 21, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #6,061 of 9,211
20210421_194108.jpg
I just received it, this is 30X microscopic view of in. First impression, it have more tighter bass compare to 8 cores graphene. Will burn it for around 150hrs.
Is this silver based or copper based cable? Pure silver plated with paladium would be really sweet if avalable from XinHS

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #6,062 of 9,211
...Addtion of paladium are expected to improve treble and clarity of sound as well...
I am really sorry to ask but what would be any reasonable (if not to say "scientific) basis for these statements?

Palladium is a noticeably inferior electrical conductor compared to silver and copper. Silver/palladium alloys were used by the virtue of their better oxidation resistance, but those were the times when palladium was much-much less expensive.

So the hype is based purely on the "name game" and the ill-conceived but highly profittable (for the business) notion that "higher prices mean better products".

Unless proven by measurements and proper tests, of course, that is the reason I am trying to ask.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #6,063 of 9,211
I am really sorry to ask but what would be any reasonable (if not to say "scientific) basis for these statements?

Palladium is a noticeably inferior electrical conductor compared to silver and copper. Silver/palladium alloys were used by the virtue of their better oxidation resistance, but those were the times when palladium was much-much less expensive.

So the hype is based purely on the "name game" and the ill-conceived but highly profittable (for the business) notion that "higher prices mean better products".

Unless proven by measurements and proper tests, of course, that is the reason I am trying to ask.
Haha, no need to sorry about. I have no clue that proves how palladium changes the sound in a way that was described in some users' impression/reviews. But as a person who believes that cable could changes the sound (something that cannot be simply measured in resistance or etc), I am just curious and want to test if it's true only if the price is 'reasonable'. It seems like I didnt know about palladium than you, so I am learning a bit after reading your comment.

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #6,064 of 9,211
Q
Is this silver based or copper based cable? Pure silver plated with paladium would be really sweet if avalable from XinHS
I have asked same question to XINHS, apparently theres no data on it about the concoction of silver,gold,copper and palladium.

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #6,065 of 9,211
That is a pretty cable.

Do you have a normal range pic?

Are you allowed to disclose pricing on the paladium cable?
Ok, i will take some photos when i get home. Prices is the cheapest pallas i've known and research 🤣

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #6,066 of 9,211
Imo the use of other materials in cables is to add sound colouration to the cables. If it affects the mids and bass more than the treble, it could create the perception that it is brighter as its treble will sound boosted relative to the other frequencies.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #6,067 of 9,211
I also really hope that there's a reasonably priced paladium cable available. Addtion of paladium are expected to improve treble and clarity of sound as well, could be an ultimate cable for lovers of such sound signature.

After trying out a few fully palladium based cables, im not so sure that i like em. A little too thinny

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #6,068 of 9,211
For my CCA ca16, the pure silver cable made it sound brighter and improved clarity in the mids and highs as well as separation and bass tightened up a bit vs the stock cable. (stock cable is pretty crappy)

Theres no scientific data that proves my perception. Can you show me the scientific data that proves I'm wrong?

Theres some really good cables around the $20 range. If you're skeptical, all you have to do it borrow or buy one and test it out for yourself before you go Amir on cables.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #6,069 of 9,211
These are the specs of the 8 core graphene cable from XINHS in case anyone is interested.

"It consists of 133 cores * 8=1064 cores of single crystal copper silver plating + graphene"

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #6,070 of 9,211
After trying out a few fully palladium based cables, im not so sure that i like em. A little too thinny
Are those cables you tried belongs to CEMA acousti?

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #6,071 of 9,211
For my CCA ca16, the pure silver cable made it sound brighter and improved clarity in the mids and highs as well as separation and bass tightened up a bit vs the stock cable. (stock cable is pretty crappy)

Theres no scientific data that proves my perception. Can you show me the scientific data that proves I'm wrong?

Theres some really good cables around the $20 range. If you're skeptical, all you have to do it borrow or buy one and test it out for yourself before you go Amir on cables.
The C16 has 8 BA´s, so any changes in total resistance will affect the FR. Not the cable that changes the sound, its the resistance that does that.
Here is an example with another ba only iem with different resistances:

1619075573608.png

Source:https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2019/06/campfire-andromeda-mini-review.html

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #6,072 of 9,211
That is a pretty cable.

Do you have a normal range pic?

Are you allowed to disclose pricing on the paladium cable?
20210422_173026.jpg

There's gold tinge of color there!

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #6,073 of 9,211
Screenshot_20210422-161414_AliExpress.jpg

The closest "look" i can find in aliexpress is above ( 8 cores ). Mine is 4 cores.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #6,074 of 9,211
The C16 has 8 BA´s, so any changes in total resistance will affect the FR. Not the cable that changes the sound, its the resistance that does that.
Here is an example with another ba only iem with different resistances:

Source:https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2019/06/campfire-andromeda-mini-review.html
CCA ca16 has 7 ba + 1 dd

Well if the total resistance affects the FR and cable determines the resistance, isn't it ultimately the cable that changes the sound?

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #6,075 of 9,211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back