Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #6,031 of 9,237
Don't see anything they got with palladium plating. Cheapest palladium coated cable I seen on the express is around $160- $200. Unfortunately palladium seems to garner a higher price tag.

I got two cables that have palladium in them and both are in a different category of cables. The Penon Leo plus and their flagship Totem. I can honestly say I prefer palladium coatings over silver and when added to silver it brings yet another level of refinement for cables. Both the Leo plus and Totems expand sound like not other cables I own. Both with extreme black background. The Totem adding a rich tone and the best sound separation with a greater sense of stage for any cables I have tried.

Leo Plus I use on my IER Z1R and I have never taken them off since. It is perfect with the Z1R. Totems with the Volts, this combo is pretty much end of the line sound right here.

I would assume if a cheaper palladium infused cable can be made it would be XinHS. You never know. Even if they introduce one hovering around a $100 that would be worth it. Somebody suggest this to them. Lol .
OK. I understand "warm" and "lush" may not be possibly measured easily...

But now, "extreme black background" - that is something perfectly measurable and precisely quantifyable in microvolts, so that is really fantastic!!

Do you have measurements?
That would be a perfect selling point for many HiFi-ers to get their cables!
(Otherwise there are so many claims are shouted out there that makes it really hard to distinguish different kinds of snake oil; and extra virgin snake oils are the best, yah know....)

Apr 18, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #6,032 of 9,237
OK. I understand "warm" and "lush" may not be possibly measured easily...

But now, "extreme black background" - that is something perfectly measurable and precisely quantifyable in microvolts, so that is really fantastic!!

Do you have measurements?
That would be a perfect selling point for many HiFi-ers to get their cables!
(Otherwise there are so many claims are shouted out there that makes it really hard to distinguish different kinds of snake oil; and extra virgin snake oils are the best, yah know....)

No snake oil but I am gonna get this thing soon.
1618752597048.png

ISN Audio SOLAR Flagship Audiophile IEM Cable HiFi Earphone Cable

Description

Gold&silver oil immersion cable technology,soaked in mineral oil for 20 days and dried at constant temperature for 10 days,

which enhances antioxidation and eliminates the interference of static electricity in transmission on sound.

2 shares, per share 126 cores , 252 cores in total

Main core: pure silver gold-plated + pure silver palladium-plated

The outer shield is single crystal copper gold-plated + single crystal copper plated with silver & copper.

Accessory materials: copper electroplate silver,

Plug: gold-plated plug

Cable length: 1.2M

Cable was soaked in mineral oil which suppose to enhance antioxidation. This is about as close to any type of oils used in cables I know of.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #6,033 of 9,237
No snake oil but I am gonna get this thing soon.
1618752597048.png
ISN Audio SOLAR Flagship Audiophile IEM Cable HiFi Earphone Cable

Description

Gold&silver oil immersion cable technology,soaked in mineral oil for 20 days and dried at constant temperature for 10 days,

which enhances antioxidation and eliminates the interference of static electricity in transmission on sound.

2 shares, per share 126 cores , 252 cores in total

Main core: pure silver gold-plated + pure silver palladium-plated

The outer shield is single crystal copper gold-plated + single crystal copper plated with silver & copper.

Accessory materials: copper electroplate silver,

Plug: gold-plated plug

Cable length: 1.2M

Cable was soaked in mineral oil which suppose to enhance antioxidation. This is about as close to any type of oils used in cables I know of.
👍Makes a good lightning arrestor and resistor.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5345212A/en

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #6,034 of 9,237
is it normal for a cable became stiff after just a couple months?
yiny**, jcally, tri, faaeal and several other,
I need to change cable constantly,

@Dsnuts @RikudouGoku

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #6,035 of 9,237

@Dsnuts @RikudouGoku
I havent noticed that. But then again, I have so many cables/iems that a single unit doesnt really get much usage.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #6,036 of 9,237

@Dsnuts @RikudouGoku
That is the problem with PVC as the main cable material.
PVC is the cheapest and versatile, that is why it is used despite being very poor in many aspects (toxicity, main source of poisoning death in fires, etc).

That is the problem that personally annoyed me with KBEar and other otherwise perfectly good cables.

To address what can be done - I have requested the great person at XINHS about other insulation materials, and ordered TPE and PU about three weeks ago.
I plan to report on how it will work out.

P. S. Now my request for help - after the recent Head-Fi upgrades I seem to lost the ability to add "likes" and I really miss it :frowning2: I realize.
I use my Samsung phone and its browser.

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #6,037 of 9,237
That is the problem with PVC as the main cable material.
PVC is the cheapest and versatile, that is why it is used despite being very poor in many aspects (toxicity, main source of poisoning death in fires, etc).

That is the problem that personally annoyed me with KBEar and other otherwise perfectly good cables.

To address what can be done - I have requested the great person at XINHS about other insulation materials, and ordered TPE and PU about three weeks ago.
I plan to report on how it will work out.

P. S. Now my request for help - after the recent Head-Fi upgrades I seem to lost the ability to add "likes" and I really miss it :frowning2: I realize.
I use my Samsung phone and its browser.
Did you have to pay extra to get TPE and PU? (I assume you just had to mention TPE and PU to them and they understood it without much problems right?)

Try the Google Chrome browser, might be the samsung browser thats causing some compatibility issues with head-fi after the updates.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #6,038 of 9,237
Did you have to pay extra to get TPE and PU? (I assume you just had to mention TPE and PU to them and they understood it without much problems right?)

Try the Google Chrome browser, might be the samsung browser thats causing some compatibility issues with head-fi after the updates.
Thank you.
Mozilla worked (Chrome is out of question given Google ... though the Samsung browser is actually chrome-based).

For the cables, I asked what is available other than PVC, specifically requesting about TPE.
At first, he thought that there is some choice, but actually one cable each for PU and TPE at least under $30.
He just uses what is available - custim cable insulation is hardly a feasible option now.

Then again, I thought to order and report my experience, so it could be tge case that there will be more demand for such cables.

The insulation is what one experiences the most with cables, with all the plasticizers leaching from PVC (so it becomes stiff) - it goes to the skin and may be concerning to many to be aware.

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #6,039 of 9,237
Another popular sale cable, the Yy 5N UPOCC here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001085882852.html
The normal price is $60usd but during sale periods, it drops down to $30usd. For those who want to have it customized at the sale price, XINHS has this one also, just not listed.

This is L-type 2.5mm 2pin and a similar accessory set if it is not the same.

yy2.jpgyy1.jpg

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #6,040 of 9,237
I just received my balanced graphene cable from XINHS along with a 3.5mm adapter. Great workmanship, I will definitely a order a second for my other iem headphones. I might even grab a third - cable works great and sounds very good, just the gauge/weight is heavier than I’d personally like. The connectors are great as well, I have Valkyrie and U12ts and the connectors fit both perfectly and securely, I can’t say that about the stock connectors they came with when I switch them back and forth even though in theory they are both .78mm.

Very happy to have been introduced to them/him, thank you again.

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #6,042 of 9,237
Has anyone tried both 4 core and 8 core graphene cables from XinHS? I've purchased 4 core first and then waiting for 8 core to come.
I am afraid that 4 core will be fully redundant when 8 core comes.

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #6,043 of 9,237
Has anyone tried both 4 core and 8 core graphene cables from XinHS? I've purchased 4 core first and then waiting for 8 core to come.
I am afraid that 4 core will be fully redundant when 8 core comes.
I've got a couple of the 4 core and really like them and have other 8 core cables from XIN. I use the 8 cores around the house and if I'm going out I prefer the 4 core because they pack up so much more easily. I can even wind them around my fingers and put them in my pocket. Cant really do that with the 8

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #6,044 of 9,237
I've got a couple of the 4 core and really like them and have other 8 core cables from XIN. I use the 8 cores around the house and if I'm going out I prefer the 4 core because they pack up so much more easily. I can even wind them around my fingers and put them in my pocket. Cant really do that with the 8
oh, thanks for your input. How about the sound? do you notice any difference? I am also thinking of pairing it with my 3DT :) Are you using it with them too?

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #6,045 of 9,237
I've got an 8 Core Copper, 8 Core Silver and a couple of 4 Core Graphene. I use the Copper and the Graphne with the 3DT and I used the other Graphene with IMR RAH.
With the 3DT, the graphene is miles better than the supplied cable but I still prefer the Copper with the 3DT. The difference is not night and day between the copper and Graphene. It's more subtle; the copper tames the higher frequencies ever so slightly - You'll be happy with the Graphene cable but I'll be interested to hear about you comparisons between the 4 core and 8 and what if anything you notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back