Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #3,361 of 9,186
There is an iem called Faaeal Hibicus that comes with a litz copper cable. The cable alone looks pretty good. They sell the cable alone and it is around $17usd. Any idea if this is good?
The cable just came out... but one Headfi member says it sounds good with the BQEYZ KB100.

However, Zpolt on Youtube says the Hibiscus iem doesnt sound as good as the Blon 03 and part of the iem is the cable...

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #3,363 of 9,186
The cable just came out... but one Headfi member says it sounds good with the BQEYZ KB100.

However, Zpolt on Youtube says the Hibicus iem doesnt sound as good as the Blon 03 and part of the iem is the cable...
Mate, Hibicus is a relatively new iem. I could and would go with that assessment by Zpolt if it was any other well estb iem paired with this cable. Could it be that the iem itself isn't that good to begin with? If it sounds good with the kb100s, I think there is a decent chance the cable isn't the sole issue when paired with the Blons. Just my thoughts..

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #3,364 of 9,186
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #3,365 of 9,186
Mate, Hibicus is a relatively new iem. I could and would go with that assessment by Zpolt if it was any other well estb iem paired with this cable. Could it be that the iem itself isn't that good to begin with. If it sounds good with the kb100s, I think there is a decent chance the cable isn't the sole issue when paired with the Blons. Just my thoughts..
Zpolt never tried the hibiscus litz cable with the Blon 03. He just likes the Blon 03 better than the Faaeal Hibiscus.

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #3,366 of 9,186
Hi guys. Anyone can recommend me a pure silver cable for Focal headphones?

Thanks!!
Hi... while waiting others to reply.
My suggestion is 174
But you need a adapter of MMCX/2 pin to 3.5 TRS... nor ask EAC to custom the 3.5 TRS if they had

173, 174. eac upocc Ag99Au1 8c (silver,eagle,MV).
taiwan neotech oem up-occ pure silver99% + Au1% alloy. 28awg/core, PE sheath, from electro acousti.
eagle true rhodium plated plug (over gold plating); superb quality plug, there is a big difference between these components (jack, divider, slider), and those used in any other chi-cable from my list; the plug costs over $14, while others cost $2-3. good strain reliefs.
mmcx, 2pins, QDC, and other terminations, together with 2.5, 3.5, 4.4mm plugs, available. you can also ask for other terminations, like 2.5mm or 3.5mm plugs for headphones, and not ear molded guides (search for desired plugs in their stock).
flexible wire, but not the most flexible; it's supple, considering its thickness.
some microphonics, then, although i don't notice them when music is playing.
like the other up-occ wires, sound is very clean, reference. darker background, deeper soundstage, which helps to better separation and imaging perception. this also leads to better definition and detail.
compared with the other up-occ wires, i do notice the effect of pure silver.
mids (specially upper mids) and highs become more layered than in any other wire. soundstage is bigger, deeper, sounds come from many different places, even at dense passages. you can easier locate and separate them from others. the result is a clearer perception of mids and highs. you can better notice their ringing decay. this is the best wire i've tried for mids and highs.
lows are tight, punchy (great hit hats), and detailed. you can follow the bass line easier, fine texture. but you notice less bass rumble, shorter note size, than with up-occ copper.
so this wire is excellent for taming bass in dark combos, or for mid-treble-heads (like me).
if you miss bolder bass and rumble, you better try up-occ copper.
this is my favorite pure silver cable atm.

wire used:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33046978735.html
_174_wire.jpg
_174_wire2mine.jpg

links:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33049568537.html

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #3,368 of 9,186
Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #3,369 of 9,186
wait, i understand it as... (in IEMs)

4 cores vs 8 cores on balanced has little to no effect sound? (aside from resistance ofc)

8 cores is a must for single ended (assuming its hybrid like 175)

am i understanding it right in layman terms?

I'm curious about this, too. I'm a newbie to cables and I'm wondering what the sonic difference is between a 4-core, 6-core, 8-core cable. Is the sound fuller with an 8-core wire?

I'm planning on getting either a 183 or 175 cable, as well, in 4.4mm termination (and getting a separate 4.4 to 3.5 SE adapter) and want to know if I should go for the 8-core or settle for the cheaper 4-core option.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #3,370 of 9,186
Should I go for the pure copper to pair with the DM6? I guess it will bring up the lows and the mids to some extent while retaining the upper frequency as tuned. I am not sure if pure silver would be adding anything more than a further refinement of the highs with clarity and sparkle.
For DM6, ISN Audio S8 is the best cable. I have paired almost 10 cables but with S8 the sound is best.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #3,372 of 9,186
Thanks! Sorry, silly question. Where do you see the 173, 174... number in Aliexpress? Cannot find it.

This is the way @hakuzen classifies the cables. But you can take a look here and you will find the cable descriptions and links to AE.

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #3,373 of 9,186
This is the way @hakuzen classifies the cables. But you can take a look here and you will find the cable descriptions and links to AE.

Many thanks!! numbers understood and clear now. Another question please, why the 16 core cables are for around £15 and the 8 core ones like 174/175 go to £140/150?

Regarding the coupons, the "friday10" only works on the Black Friday day? So "friday10" plus"Hakuzen" will be 20% discount?

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #3,374 of 9,186
Many thanks!! numbers understood and clear now. Another question please, why the 16 core cables are for around £15 and the 8 core ones like 174/175 go to £140/150?

Regarding the coupons, the "friday10" only works on the Black Friday day? So "friday10" plus"Hakuzen" will be 20% discount?

I don't think it will be compatible with store coupons, but maybe there's extra :)

Regarding cable prices, it all depends on the conductor quantity, quality (e.g. copper purity), the connectors, the cable structure (litz structure is gaining popularity lately) and other traits like frozen COPPER, etc.

Better you can do IMO is to take a look on the cables features in the product descriptions and look for some concepts on the net or simply ask here. There're quite some users that can help you better than me around

Nov 26, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #3,375 of 9,186
US $163.80 | neotech 7N OCC SILVER 8 Weave Headphone Upgrade Line MMCX 0.78MM
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qiu8htpm

Is this different from cable 174?
yes, different wire. 174 wire (AgAu silver99% gold1% alloy) stands out from any other up-occ wire, specially in upper-mids and highs. that's why it is so special for me.
you can find that wire in cables 173/174, 175, and 182/183.
the one from your link uses another up-occ wire. i've not tried it, sure it will be a very good one, but i don't think it reaches the highs excellence of AgAu.

wait, i understand it as... (in IEMs)

4 cores vs 8 cores on balanced has little to no effect sound? (aside from resistance ofc)

8 cores is a must for single ended (assuming its hybrid like 175)

am i understanding it right in layman terms?

I'm curious about this, too. I'm a newbie to cables and I'm wondering what the sonic difference is between a 4-core, 6-core, 8-core cable. Is the sound fuller with an 8-core wire?

I'm planning on getting either a 183 or 175 cable, as well, in 4.4mm termination (and getting a separate 4.4 to 3.5 SE adapter) and want to know if I should go for the 8-core or settle for the cheaper 4-core option.
"4 cores vs 8 cores on balanced has little to no effect sound? (aside from resistance, of course)"
yes. but remember that there are cases where the resistance is critical (implicating sound effect), like when using balanced armatures, or hungry of current IEM(ultra low impedance)/headphones(planars). the lower, always the better. anyway, guess the resistance difference of both versions (130mOhm vs 260mOhm) is not enough to generate audible sound alterations in a 99% of the cases.
"Is the sound fuller with an 8-core wire?"
another matter is the mentioned fuller sound when using thicker (in total) conductors. i've experienced this, but the difference was so subtle, it could be bias (i ought to do further AB).
more thoughts about 4 vs 8 vs 16 cores: Other considerations about capacitance, geometry, and isolation of cables

"8 cores is a must for single ended (assuming its hybrid like 175)" (different material cores hybrids)
i wouldn't say it's a must. my common sense tells me that, but i've heard impressions from respected people which report that the mix takes effect even when using one material for ground signal.

10% off when mentioning "head-fi" or "hakuzen" in the order, compatible with 10 USD off from aliexpress special coupon code "friday10", but only if your buy is over 100 USD after applying the 10% off. so not 20%, but possibly 10% + 10 USD off.
i can't confirm if the new CEMA electro acousti store coupons (from 4 to 10 USD) are compatible with the 10% off, but probably they are.
good news, total discount can be juicy for the top cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back