Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 25, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #3,331 of 9,186
So this is a bit of a heads up. I was browsing Campfire audios site which is currently having a B stock sable. They are selling a bunch of their cables for cheaper take a look.

Some notable ones. Their standard Litz while it has a memory wire in it which can be taken out is a good solid cable Usually goes for $150 selling for $30. They have a pure silver one going for $49! Good deals on these. https://aloaudio.deals/cables/

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #3,332 of 9,186
So this is a bit of a heads up. I was browsing Campfire audios site which is currently having a B stock sable. They are selling a bunch of their cables for cheaper take a look.

Some notable ones. Their standard Litz while it has a memory wire in it which can be taken out is a good solid cable Usually goes for $150 selling for $30. They have a pure silver one going for $49! Good deals on these. https://aloaudio.deals/cables/

Can the "ALOaudio Litz Wire IEM Cable" with the 2-pin connector work with the 2-pin chi-fi models such as TRN V90, Nicehck NX7 (Pro), etc. ?

or is that a different 2-pin format ?

Thanks a lot for posting about that ! The prices appear quite attractive and the performance seems to be quite good:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/alo-audio-tinsel-litz-and-reference-8-cables.22275/reviews

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,333 of 9,186
Standard should be .78mm and not the .75mm I am certain it can be used with those. Get em while they are are hot. Pure silver cable for $50 is too tempting. Lol

So when I did my recent review of cables I got from penon. Their Neo pure silver cable. I did a head to head against that stock litz cable Alo is currently selling for $30. It is at a very similar level believe it or not. That is a GREAT deal. The only thing I dont like about it is that it has a stupid metal memory wire on the cable WHY? The silver one doesn't it looks like.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,334 of 9,186
Standard should be .78mm and not the .75mm I am certain it can be used with those. Get em while they are are hot. Pure silver cable for $50 is too tempting. Lol

So when I did my recent review of cables I got from penon. Their Neo pure silver cable. I did a head to head against that stock litz cable Alo is currently selling for $30. It is at a very similar level believe it or not. That is a GREAT deal. The only thing I dont like about it is that it has a stupid metal memory wire on the cable WHY? The silver one doesn't it looks like.

Should I go for the pure copper to pair with the DM6? I guess it will bring up the lows and the mids to some extent while retaining the upper frequency as tuned. I am not sure if pure silver would be adding anything more than a further refinement of the highs with clarity and sparkle.

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #3,335 of 9,186
Ya I recently got it. Excellent cable. It doesn't have the resolving power of the higher end UPOCC cables but it is nicely balanced and gives good detail. Definitely worth the money for certain. I have been using it on my IT01s with excellent results. Sound seems wider using this cable. I like it.
Received today that cable from the 1111 sales.
2pin 4.4m to go with my blon bl03 / Dx160.
I am impressed. By the ergonomy and the sound it produces. For the price you cannot go wrong !
So thank you for the reco.
I'm also waiting for the nicehck copper and I'll probably buy a alloy during BF (down to usd85)
IMG_20191125_223845.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,336 of 9,186
Should I go for the pure copper to pair with the DM6? I guess it will bring up the lows and the mids to some extent while retaining the upper frequency as tuned. I am not sure if pure silver would be adding anything more than a further refinement of the highs with clarity and sparkle.

Silver is not gonna mesh well with your DM6. Go for copper. That ISN C4 from penon is a good deal for that quality.

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,337 of 9,186
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #3,338 of 9,186
Silver is not gonna mesh well with your DM6. Go for copper. That ISN C4 from penon is a good deal for that quality.
I disagree, copper is useful to get rid of the DM6 early harshness but once the DM6 settles in, silver is the way to go. I have an ISN S8 on my DM6 and it is great and I am not the only one with that feeling... Maybe the new ISN C4 is of better quality than the S8 so who knows what the synergy will be with that cable...

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,339 of 9,186

Dang that looks good, but $7.50 of shipping is definitely throwing me off. Will wait for Aliexpress Black Friday to get another mmcx cable. Any recommendation at under $50? I am currently eyeing the CEMA mixed cable at $40...

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #3,340 of 9,186
I disagree, copper is useful to get rid of the DM6 early harshness but once the DM6 settles in, silver is the way to go. I have an ISN S8 on my DM6 and it is great and I am not the only one with that feeling... Maybe the new ISN C4 is of better quality than the S8 so who knows what the synergy will be with that cable...

I dont own the DM6 but more basing my recommend from just reading the thread. The new ISN C4 is using a higher grade of copper which does not degrade any sonics of the host iem. I have been testing out the cable and I think for the sound signature and what people describe about the DM6. This would be the cable I would go for. But then again the S8 is cheaper and is mostly made of copper as well.

This is one of my absolute favorite cables under price of $30 on sale. I would look around if you know what I mean. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...ore_home.promoteRecommendProducts_6080023.230 I am willing to bet you this will be a nice little upgrade from your ISN S8.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #3,342 of 9,186
I understand that the NiceHCK C-16-3 cable is well-regarded here.

I bought one with 2-pin connectors. Of these IEMs, the ZS-10 Pro, ZS7, Blon BL-03, Y*nY*o V2, TRN V80 and V90, which do you think would benefit most from it?

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #3,343 of 9,186
Ahhh. Oh bhoy. Thanks for the suggestions mates. Alo's Intl shipping is $24. I will pass on it.

I am looking at ISN c16/c4 and the Penon cs819. What is with the y**y** and k**b**f* cables with the deep discount? Are they any good?

NiceHCK and all those brands have the same cables. Just rebranded. But those guys do have some cables that NiceHCK does not. If you see a NiceHCK cable you will se a cheaper version of the same cable from those guys. It is pretty much the same stuff. I know kind of confusing but it seems a lot of the Aliexpress vendors get their cables and iems from the same factory.

I understand that the NiceHCK C-16-3 cable is well-regarded here.

I bought one with 2-pin connectors. Of these IEMs, the ZS-10 Pro, ZS7, Blon BL-03, Y*nY*o V2, TRN V80 and V90, which do you think would benefit most from it?

Anything with a V shaped Fr. Brighter sounding iems will benefit from copper cables. Traditionally copper gives good enhancement to bass and gives a bit of an uplift to the mids giving mid notes more body to work with while smoothing out the treble region. SPC or silver plated are really what hybrid cables should be. SPC or silver influences detail of the sound. You get a cleaner sound, enhancing treble and mids regions to have better imaging with bass that usually tightens up.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #3,344 of 9,186

So I found out the Papri 7N Litz copper cable here does not synergize well with the Solaris or my Andromeda S. Solaris while sounding about as immersive as I have heard it takes a bit much off the treble end for my liking. It sounds great but injects a bit too much warmth and adds even more fullness to the sound it don't really need. Solaris already has a full on 3D sound so the cable really didn't synergize well. I threw back on my 128 alloy copper SPC cable on it and it is my favorite cable with the Solaris. By far. Again goes to show you just because a cable is cheaper don't mean it isn't going to mesh well with your higher end iems. My Solaris sounds absolutely superb with this cable. It just comes down to how a cable properties mesh with a particular sounding iem you have. It is all about the synergy.

I just threw on the Papri on my IT04. Just simply Amazing! IT04 is more of a neutrally reference tuned iem with excellent detail in all regions of sound. The Papri cable injects some fullness and warmth to the sound. Bass sounds absolutely amazing with this combo. Fuller more engaging sound overall due to this cable on the IT04. IT04 has a more brighter tuning due to the detailed nature of the sound but with the Papri cable the IT04 now sounds like a different tier of earphone all together. Love it when a cable works out.

So if any of you guys get the Papri cable. It will do wonders for your neutrally tuned iems. Not so much your full bodied musical tuned or mid forward iems.
these impressions match mines about cable 198. huge bass, good for bassheads or for those who seek for a warmer tilt in their combos. this increases the chance of both cables using same wire. although there is a large difference in the quality of their plugs (besides of price).

Dang that looks good, but $7.50 of shipping is definitely throwing me off. Will wait for Aliexpress Black Friday to get another mmcx cable. Any recommendation at under $50? I am currently eyeing the CEMA mixed cable at $40...

I dont own the DM6 but more basing my recommend from just reading the thread. The new ISN C4 is using a higher grade of copper which does not degrade any sonics of the host iem. I have been testing out the cable and I think for the sound signature and what people describe about the DM6. This would be the cable I would go for. But then again the S8 is cheaper and is mostly made of copper as well.

This is one of my absolute favorite cables under price of $30 on sale. I would look around if you know what I mean. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...ore_home.promoteRecommendProducts_6080023.230 I am willing to bet you this will be a nice little upgrade from your ISN S8.
always i see a wire of 4 cores * 63 strands copper, dunno it will be like cable 125 wire, or like cable 065 (jcally) wire. cable 125 is supposed single crystal / high purity occ copper, and cable 065 is supposed 5n ofc, and there is a night and day difference.
ISN C4 is advertised as single crystal copper; i don't own it, but guess it could be very similar to 125. i haven't got DM6 either, but based on impressions and measurements of DM6, i think 125 / ISN C4 would be a good copper election, in the $60 range. black background and great bass.
a bit more expensive ($75 range) would be cable 170 (cema electro acousti up-occ copper litz), bigger soundstage and better plugs. a bit tighter bass, but i think DM6 is also well served of bass. highs are a bit tamed but not swallowed, they keep good detail. higher resistance, but not much difference considering your DAP has got 1ohm output impedance.
and a bit more expensive ($85 range), cable 210 (nicehck oalloy up-occ copper & silver alloy, litz), same soundstage than 170, worse plugs and even higher resistance, but i love the bass with this cable, and the silver component keeps airy and detailed, while smooth, treble.
and last, in the $105 range, my still favorite cable 175 (due to highs clarity), cema electro acousti up-occ silver&gold alloy + copper litz. i can't figure phones which don't match this cable.

anyway, tonal perception differences between cables are subtle. you can obtain more tonal variation by rolling tips (try foams to tame 8-12kHz peaks), by foam/tape mods, or by equalizing, way cheaper. this is why i agree with @battosai. i'd prioritize quality of wire (soundstage, black background), and then tonal perception influence, so a hybrid cable (copper and silver wire) could serve as well as copper for your DM6 (same for T800).

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #3,345 of 9,186
reading this thread alot lately

im going for 175 cable 8c, and i wanna have (if any) some discounts, i read someone here you can do that by using "Hakuzen's" name, how exactly am i gonna do that, do they give discounted links or coupons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back