Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 7, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #1,351 of 9,223
I like these 2 Kinboofi cables with my C10. They sound good, fit the C10 perfectly, and the pinkish one is very soft and flexible. The grey one is a little bit stiffer vs the pink one, but still flexible compared to some other cables. The grey one also has a chin slider bead. The pink one is on it at the moment.

I know you said you’ll spend $100, but you really don’t have to spend that much. The C10 is a $23 IEM. I’ve tried it with more much expensive cables, and I couldn’t detect any better sound than the 2 below.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bK11uXkk

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cdCHeGVK
Will this cable fit the kz zs7?

May 7, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #1,352 of 9,223
I like these 2 Kinboofi cables with my C10. They sound good, fit the C10 perfectly, and the pinkish one is very soft and flexible. The grey one is a little bit stiffer vs the pink one, but still flexible compared to some other cables. The grey one also has a chin slider bead. The pink one is on it at the moment.

I know you said you’ll spend $100, but you really don’t have to spend that much. The C10 is a $23 IEM. I’ve tried it with more much expensive cables, and I couldn’t detect any better sound than the 2 below.

I have two grey ones in my cart. Do they have a memory wire?

May 7, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #1,353 of 9,223
Anyone has a good recommendation for a replacement cable for Kanas Pro? I find the stock cable a bit flimsy and prefer something stiffer

Well, for the Kanas (single dynamic), I think cable 128 (the silver plated version of 125) would sound real nice.

_128_7noccSpc_4cThick_eid.jpg

It has better terminations than cable 125, BUT the 2pins are a the "full-sleeve" ones, so they will not work with the recessed termination of the kanas pro, unless you cut them.

Another rec for a cheaper cable that would just be killer combo with the Kanas based on looks (cable also sounds good based on hakuzen's evaluation) would've been cable (115) the grey nck version:

_115_pureAg%2Bshield_4c_oyde_grey_mmcx.jpg

but again - same problem with the 2pins that come with that cable. It would seem that most of the good alternatives (like cable 130) of cable 125 have this 2pin design, which will be a problem for the Kanas, unless you "mod" it like @Dsnuts showed here.

Cable 125 doesn't have that problem, at least my unit:

20190507_142701_READY.jpg

So,, uhm... yeah, I would personally have to rec cable 125 again (send me a PM and I will give you links if you want). If you have the Lyre Acoustics cable (which is really good sound wise, very conductive, unless you have the f-ed up version with the flipped polarity on the left channel) with your Kanas, it would basically be a downgrade (or a sidegrade) at best if you go with a cheaper cable. Also, cable 125 can currently be bought for ~$63 (even less with the new customer coupon), so... that's my rec.

Should i get a 16 core or 8 core balancef cable ?

4 core vs. 8 core vs. 16 core doesn't mean anything, because it depends on the wire used. A very thick 4 core could be the same (SQ and conductivity wise) as a thinner 8 core, and etc (using the same material/strains). At the end, the SQ is what matters. If the number of strains is the same, but separated in 2 sleeves, it will basically be the same thing, probably more "flexible" (and for the geeks out there, 2x the insulator for "more cores" could affect the sound, something that has being discussed before in the "higher realms of audiophile world", but again- that's probably too "nit-picky" at this point :ksc75smile:). If you are looking for a cable for your DM6 though, again - cable 125 is definitely what you want/need. Stay away from silver plated cables with that IEM.

May 7, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #1,354 of 9,223
Will this cable fit the kz zs7?

Yes, they both fit the ZS7 perfectly.

I have two grey ones in my cart. Do they have a memory wire?

They do.

Not a bendable memory wire like most KZs though. It’s a soft flexible pre-formed ear guide. If you don’t like cables with that, they can be easily removed if you don’t want them.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #1,355 of 9,223
Yes, they both fit the ZS7 perfectly.

They do.

Not a bendable memory wire like most KZs though. It’s a soft flexible pre-formed ear guide. If you don’t like cables with that, they can be easily removed if you don’t want them.
Thanks, Slater.
I usually remove memory wires from my cables as soon as I get them but had bad luck with one cable where they used some glue inside of the connector and I ripped one of the cores.
Now I just try to avoid memory wires and prefer those pre-formed ear guides or even better ... just good old plain wires.

May 7, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #1,356 of 9,223

the link isnt working for me on this -- can you say which core (8? 4? 16?); silver plated? silver alloy? Thanks in advance.

May 7, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #1,357 of 9,223
the link isnt working for me on this -- can you say which core (8? 4? 16?); silver plated? silver alloy? Thanks in advance.

You have to use the phone app to open the links.

It’s 8 core, silver plated.

May 7, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,358 of 9,223
Re. the Kinboofi's there's also a cheaper silver/copper mix 8 core on sale for 8.01€ in the W..e... (banned) store.

Kinboofi 8 Core Silver Plated Copper Balanced Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm With MMCX/2pin Connector For LZ A5 KZ AS10 ZS10 CCA C10 C16

Screenshot_2019-05-07-16-06-43-149_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

but the individual wires appear to be a lot thinner than on the grey cable for 15.95€ (AK Audio Store)

AK Kinboofi 8 Core Copper Silver Plated Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Hifi Earphone Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For CCA HQ8 HQ12 KZ TRN

Screenshot_2019-05-07-16-07-48-910_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

I guess I'll get two of the grey ones and a couple more 16 cores and call it a day :dt880smile:.

May 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,359 of 9,223
Re. the Kinboofi's there's also a cheaper silver/copper mix 8 core on sale for 8.01€ in the W..e... (banned) store.

Kinboofi 8 Core Silver Plated Copper Balanced Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm With MMCX/2pin Connector For LZ A5 KZ AS10 ZS10 CCA C10 C16

but the individual wires appear to be a lot thinner than on the grey cable for 15.95€ (AK Audio Store)

AK Kinboofi 8 Core Copper Silver Plated Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Hifi Earphone Cable With MMCX/2pin Connector For CCA HQ8 HQ12 KZ TRN

I guess I'll get two of the grey ones and a couple more 16 cores and call it a day :dt880smile:.

If those are the same cables I posted, yes the grey wires are a bit thicker than the pink ones (multiplied by 8 of course).

But who knows if that because of larger conductor wires, or if it’s just due to thicker insulation (or insulation of a different material).

But regardless, they’re both good cables for a budget IEM like the ZS7 or C10 IMO.

May 7, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,360 of 9,223
No idea if it's good or not, but I'm gonna get this one: (that 74% OFF claim got me)
HTB1m8_RB2iSBuNkSnhJq6zDcpXat.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,361 of 9,223
First off, thanks for all the info. It is incredible what you can learn/find here.

I'm looking to re-do my ten year old Nuforce NE7M? cable which is coming apart in various spots, but also doing an MMCX hack for the Sony MH755.

I use my UE TF10 Pro with Mokose cable from Amazon (purchased prior to finding this thread) which works and I use it when I am less active.

I believe this is 053.. Price is reasonable (under 30CAD) and ohm measurements seem decent (under 150). Is this a good pick? And brown vs silver? Brown for lower detail and silver for upper detail preservation? Will I even notice with my low end iems?
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32914622984.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.32914622984&

May 7, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,362 of 9,223
Question for those familiar with **** 2-pin cables. Should the pin on the blue dot side be connected to the negative - wire? I'm a bit confused becauses the pin on the blue dot side was marked with red paint.

Or was it that the dots on the cable end usually faced toward your rear? Because with this cable, the dot facing forward sounds right to my ears.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,365 of 9,223
I have made speaker cable from CAT 5/6 with great success. I suspect it would translate to HP cables equally as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back