Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 20, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #1,231 of 9,211
DM6 + cable 130

D371523B-A6E9-4FEF-83CC-5ACC2E7C2F3A.jpeg

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,234 of 9,211
Was just user error. My multimeter was working and I finally got everything situated correctly. The Blue dot was indeed negative which makes complete sense. Being as the plug was 2.5 balanced I was also able to figure out L and R and mark them appropriately.

Great cable. Very comfortable and very soft/flexible. I love the black and copper color scheme. Looks great. Not to heavy for me.
Anyway. Thanks to all that helped out.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #1,235 of 9,211
IMG_0009 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Cable 130 finally arrived. When I first listened to it on CCA C16, I became somewhat worried, as the sound seemed similar to garden-variety silver-plated copper cables, i.e. bit of forward/etched low-treble to upper-mids with bass that is tighter but less in quantity/bloom.
However, only after 24 hours of continuous burn-in, things are falling into a smoother, warmer balance with great resolution retained.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,236 of 9,211
IMG_0009 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Cable 130 finally arrived. When I first listened to it on CCA C16, I became somewhat worried, as the sound seemed similar to garden-variety silver-plated copper cables, i.e. bit of forward/etched low-treble to upper-mids with bass that is tighter but less in quantity/bloom.
However, only after 24 hours of continuous burn-in, things are falling into a smoother, warmer balance with great resolution retained.
Looks awesome! Nice to read that it's making a difference.

Apr 23, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,237 of 9,211
Other then Aliexpress and Penon, are there any other site to purchase cables?

Aliexpress doesn't have my address sadly and Penon doesn't have the cables I wish to purchase. I do know there are forwarding services but I don't want to pay $25 for the service on a $25 cable.

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,238 of 9,211

Aliexpress doesn't have my address sadly and Penon doesn't have the cables I wish to purchase. I do know there are forwarding services but I don't want to pay $25 for the service on a $25 cable.
Ebay amazon ect

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,239 of 9,211

Maybe try Taobao, but you will need an agent to import (so a few dollars added for that service).

Apr 23, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,240 of 9,211
Took a look at Amazon, would not recommend there depending on what you want to get compared to Aliexpress some prices are close to double.
Most likely going to use Ebay.
Thanks for the help.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,241 of 9,211
Took a look at Amazon, would not recommend there depending on what you want to get compared to Aliexpress some prices are close to double.
Most likely going to use Ebay.
Thanks for the help.

The advantage for using Amazon is that the whole price is refunded if you return it- as opposed to losing the shipping charges from other 'vendors'.

Apr 23, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,243 of 9,211
Just received today my cable 125 :)
Total hype, I'm glad to finally get it!

Cable looks very premium to me (heavy and huge 4 cores, a bit like my NiceHCK "7N crystal copper" that I reviewed).

I let it burned for 7 hours approx for now, they sound amazing to me, nice overall clean, natural and detailed sound, great soundstage, great preserved original bass without any bleed into mids, etc. I'm currently listening to it.
Expect more impressions soon :)
(I already removed earguides)

Some quick shots I just took to share with you guys :

copper_2.jpg

copper_3.jpg

copper_1.jpg

'laters

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,244 of 9,211
Just received today my cable 125 :)
Total hype, I'm glad to finally get it!

Cable looks very premium to me (heavy and huge 4 cores, a bit like my NiceHCK "7N crystal copper" that I reviewed).

I let it burned for 7 hours approx for now, they sound amazing to me, nice overall clean, natural and detailed sound, great soundstage, great preserved original bass without any bleed into mids, etc. I'm currently listening to it.
Expect more impressions soon :)
(I already removed earguides)

Some quick shots I just took to share with you guys :

'laters

Daaaamn .. this cable looks nice

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #1,245 of 9,211
Hi guys. I've read a lot and I think I'm going to buy this one for my Andromeda: Cable

I'm looking for balanced plug, resolving sound with wide soundstage. If you have any better ideas than cable above please let me know :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back