Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #873 of 9,186
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #874 of 9,186
It's been a while since I've posted anything useful on this forum, but this thread has been a big help for me finding an affordable replacement cable for my Oriveti New Primacy, I'd thought I'd contribute a cable took a punt on.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GUC...lgo_pvid=2b8ed70a-6f82-43f8-a4cb-1991c7ca5058

IMG_20190314_154334.jpg

Claimed 5n 8 core 19 strand cable (18x0.08 spc + 1x0.08 ofc).
In the box you get the cable, a cloth bag and a ALO branded 2.5mm adapter. The jack is also ALO branded, read into that what you will.

IMG_20190314_154542.jpg

Thickness comparison (rough measurements) 3.8mm, 4.1mm, 3.1mm
Left to right: GU.Craftsman 5n SPOFC, NiceHCK OFC (053?), Oriveti New Primacy Stock (SPOFC I think)

IMG_20190314_154729.jpg

Overall a nice well made cable, Can't comment on sound differences as they all sound the same to me but I will rank the build quality above the other two, especially as the Oriveti cable has an intermittent fault and i find the NiceHCK uncomfortable to walk to work with.

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #875 of 9,186
Looking for balanced XLR interconnects. Some of these prices seem too good to be true (at least compared to stuff domestically). Are these really OCC copper w/silver plating?

Youkamoo 8N: https://www.amazon.com/Youkamoo-Silver-Plated-Balanced-Connector/dp/B07JJX4VVP?th=1

ATAUDIO 7N: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...Male-to-Female-Cable/3028006_32880612628.html

Siltech 5N: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...ce-audio-interconnects-cable/32949137403.html
for interconnects, i use to rely on Ghentaudio.
for that cable, XLR male to female, you can choose between Canare L-4E6S star quad, Yongsheng(Neutrik China) plugs (i do own this, resistance around 260mΩ per signal, 160mΩ ground, superb for 5m long!), Belden 1192A, Roxtone plugs, or Mogami 2534, Neutrik plugs.
in any case, you are sure about the used wire and plugs, and quality control is superb (no issues with more than 30 cables bought to him). and the price.. well, just check it and compare

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #876 of 9,186
It's been a while since I've posted anything useful on this forum, but this thread has been a big help for me finding an affordable replacement cable for my Oriveti New Primacy, I'd thought I'd contribute a cable took a punt on.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GUC...lgo_pvid=2b8ed70a-6f82-43f8-a4cb-1991c7ca5058

In the box you get the cable, a cloth bag and a ALO branded 2.5mm adapter. The jack is also ALO branded, read into that what you will.

Left to right: GU.Craftsman 5n SPOFC, NiceHCK OFC (053?), Oriveti New Primacy Stock (SPOFC I think)

Overall a nice well made cable, Can't comment on sound differences as they all sound the same to me but I will rank the build quality above the other two, especially as the Oriveti cable has an intermittent fault and i find the NiceHCK uncomfortable to walk to work with.

The cable looks nice but about the adapter i think its fakely branded Alo because i doubt they produce such adapter .. also i dont recommend using it since the cable seems to be terminated into 3.5 trs unbalanced, so going to 2.5 trrs balanced using this adapter might harm your devices.

Thanks for sharing !

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #877 of 9,186

thanks! i also vouch for GUCraftman cables (check my review). i didn't check that wire when i got mines, though.
good quality conductor material. great conductivity while staying thin and light. great aesthetics.
the only cons i could find was: short and rigid jack strain relief (heat shrink plastic), and i'm having problem with left mmcx when used with magaosi k5 (no issues when using other iems, no issues when using k5 with other cables; i wonder what's the problem).
still highly recommending them, specially for those hard to find terminations
The cable looks nice but about the adapter i think its fakely branded Alo because i doubt they produce such adapter .. also i dont recommend using it since the cable seems to be terminated into 3.5 trs unbalanced, so going to 2.5 trrs balanced using this adapter might harm your devices.

Thanks for sharing !
i received the alo audio 3.5 trs male to 2.5trrs female adapter (this one is useful and safe).
measured it and its measurements were ok, better than other quality adapters i own. so it could be true alo audio adapter, but can't confirm it now

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #878 of 9,186

Thanks for sharing !
More than likely. Fortunately it will never be used as my sources are all unbalanced, but thanks for the warning.

thanks! i also vouch for GUCraftman cables (check my review). i didn't check that wire when i got mines, though.
good quality conductor material. great conductivity while staying thin and light. great aesthetics.
the only cons i could find was: short and rigid jack strain relief (heat shrink plastic), and i'm having problem with left mmcx when used with magaosi k5 (no issues when using other iems, no issues when using k5 with other cables; i wonder what's the problem).

I'm not sure it was available when you first reviewed yours, I saw it listed the end of feb. The mmcx plugs are a looser fit with the New Primacy than the nicehck or the original cable but so far I haven't noticed any connection issues, fingers crossed it stays that way. Your spot on with the strain relief, it could be a little more forgiving.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #879 of 9,186

Ye i remember the ones you posted before but i dont think they had this alo branded plugs, also i remember they were at a much higher price and had this cool chinese writing over the splitter.

I have a similar problem with toneking t4 and alo super litz cable that came with the atlas, it keeps cutting on t4 right piece, while the cable works great with other iems and t4 works great with other cables, its strange though .. i never had a problem with 2 pins, but eventually with mmcx different mix and match i get sound cutting on some of my iems.

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #880 of 9,186
Ye i remember the ones you posted before but i dont think they had this alo branded plugs, also i remember they were at a much higher price and had this cool chinese writing over the splitter....

If you look at his review photos the supplied adapter is alo branded but 2.5mm to 3.5mm instead, mine also has the same splitter.
IMG_20190314_153554.jpg

Your right about the price though these are a third of the price, but this is claimed 5n whilst the others 6n.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #881 of 9,186
If you look at his review photos the supplied adapter is alo branded but 2.5mm to 3.5mm instead, mine also has the same splitter.

Your right about the price though these are a third of the price, but this is claimed 5n whilst the others 6n.

Ye i love the looks of these writings .. Gucrafs they seem to do very nice quality cables, they were praised by hakuzen before ..

May be he must have gotten this adapter because he ordered a 2.5 cable, but going 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trs is fine, other way not recommend by many people on the forum, dont get me wrong i never got anything damaged this way and i barely tried it, but as i say its avoidable here in the forums and also many known brands dont do such adapter and are against it, but chinese produce it normally and alot of people use it, so better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #882 of 9,186
More than likely. Fortunately it will never be used as my sources are all unbalanced, but thanks for the warning.

I'm not sure it was available when you first reviewed yours, I saw it listed the end of feb. The mmcx plugs are a looser fit with the New Primacy than the nicehck or the original cable but so far I haven't noticed any connection issues, fingers crossed it stays that way. Your spot on with the strain relief, it could be a little more forgiving.

I have question because i really like nicehck 053 .. how is gucrafts exactly more comfortable, is it the less thickness or the ear guides or what ?

I might grab one later

Mar 14, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #883 of 9,186
I have question because i really like nicehck 053 .. how is gucrafts exactly more comfortable, is it the less thickness or the ear guides or what ?

I might grab one later

I do like the nicehck, it's a great cable probably all the cable I'd need. But I found the braided ear hooks uncomfortable behind my ears whilst walking to work (only 2 miles but enough to get annoying) as the cable was pulled by my clothes. The GU cable is twisted so doesn't rub so much. It's probably my ears more than anything. I also found the GU mmcx plugs slightly more suitable for the New Primacys shape, an issue some others have commented on as the angle of the mmcx socket isn't the best. Weight wise there is only around 3 grams difference overall.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #884 of 9,186
Ye i love the looks of these writings .. Gucrafs they seem to do very nice quality cables, they were praised by hakuzen before ..

May be he must have gotten this adapter because he ordered a 2.5 cable, but going 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trs is fine, other way not recommend by many people on the forum, dont get me wrong i never got anything damaged this way and i barely tried it, but as i say its avoidable here in the forums and also many known brands dont do such adapter and are against it, but chinese produce it normally and alot of people use it, so better safe than sorry.
the problem is about shorting left and right cold (negative) signals into a single ground signal: this could damage the amplifier, if not protected.
i hope that people who make these adapters don't short cold signals, and they use only one of them (or even none, just the mass of the adapter) as common ground. this way, it would be safe.

Mar 14, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #885 of 9,186
the problem is about shorting left and right cold (negative) signals into a single ground signal: this could damage the amplifier, if not protected.
i hope that people who make these adapters don't short cold signals, and they use only one of them (or even none, just the mass of the adapter) as common ground. this way, it would be safe.
A quick meter of my adapter shows both negatives connected as common signal ground. Good thing I don't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back