Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 4, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #812 of 9,220
Okay. Is it better than TRN 8core cable? @Palash

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #813 of 9,220
Man, I'm still having issues with my last order with NiceHCK and Ali. I purchased and paid for 4 cables over a week ago, and they still haven't even been dropped off for shipping yet. I can't seem to get anyone to respond to any inquiries, either. They gave me a tracking number days ago, but going by that China Post has never received anything to ship. Have you guys had any issues in the past week or anything?

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #814 of 9,220
Man, I'm still having issues with my last order with NiceHCK and Ali. I purchased and paid for 4 cables over a week ago, and they still haven't even been dropped off for shipping yet. I can't seem to get anyone to respond to any inquiries, either. They gave me a tracking number days ago, but going by that China Post has never received anything to ship. Have you guys had any issues in the past week or anything?
Jim has always been prompt at replying to and resolving my queries.

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #816 of 9,220
Trn 8 core mmcx cable is good but mmcx plugs are too tight, ordered one ànd now not fitting I my Fiio f9 pro. Earhook area is also not soft.
Got it. This penon cable looks good.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #817 of 9,220
isn audio C16, from penon, has just arrived.
added to my list. cable 150.

dc resistance (mΩ) and total weight: 78..83..73..86..[52.9g] (great conductivity, not so great weight).
structure: 0.08mm*19(27awg,OD:1mm)*16c [4c/signal:21.3AWG]. total OD:~6.5mm.
it's like 2 cables in 1. double width, weight, and conductivity. soft, reasonably flexible for its width (it doesn't get tangled, but it's not as flexible as thinner cables). no microphonics
no ear guides, simple heat shrink plastic as strain reliefs (it could be better, but given the rigidity of the cable, there is low risk of break due to tangling). metallic matte splitter, polished chin slider (it looks like hard plastic).
clean sound.
i'm not burn-in believer, but some stuff, like this cable, seem to need some time (from 5 to 20 minutes) to break.
i'll might try S16.

i've made some A/B with cables 150 (copper), 125 (copper), 130 (spc), 052 (spc,golden), 053 (copper,brown); great conductivity all of them. xduoo x20 balanced output, last stock firmware, magaosi k5, FLAC 24bits 88.2kHz daft punk "random access memories" album.
difficult to find differences, they are very subtle. i wouldn't pass a blind test surely.
cleanest sound is cable 125 (the best sounding to me, from bass to treble), but difference is minimum, and probably due to brain money bias.
it might be brain bias, but i get very slightly more sub-bass rumble and bolder bass with copper wires, while some upper-mids and treble details are slightly better heard with plated copper wires.
i'd say cheap cable 053 is good enough if you seek for copper wire, and your iem resolution is not top-notch. more expensive cables can be justified if you have very clean and resolving gear, and don't mind to spend in order to get an small improvement.
for example, i do notice difference of cleanliness between 125 and 053 when using the above mentioned gear.

The C16 is such a seriously good cable so far! It is so flexible considering how thick it is. No microphonics. This is one of the best purchases I have made in my 5 years of headphonedom. $50 WELL spent. Seriously good.

That`s freaking nice cable!

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #818 of 9,220
Hi, can anyone suggest a good cable under $15 for **** (MMCX) and C10 (0.75mm). Thanks in advance.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...3-5-2-5-4-4mm-Plug-MMCX-2Pin/32973046302.html (spc, could be right for C10)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...ade-Cable-3-5-2-5-4-4mm-Plug/32971728152.html (copper, could be right for ****)
i don't own them, but based on my experience, they should have same (or better) conductivity than trn or kz cables, while being thinner than trn. guess they'll have around 240mΩ dc resistance, better plugs, and you'll bypass the trn and kz shortcomings (check them at my list of cables for KZs

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #819 of 9,220
Anyone have any good mmcx/2 pin cables with mics under $20?

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #820 of 9,220
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...3-5-2-5-4-4mm-Plug-MMCX-2Pin/32973046302.html (spc, could be right for C10)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...ade-Cable-3-5-2-5-4-4mm-Plug/32971728152.html (copper, could be right for ****)
i don't own them, but based on my experience, they should have same (or better) conductivity than trn or kz cables, while being thinner than trn. guess they'll have around 240mΩ dc resistance, better plugs, and you'll bypass the trn and kz shortcomings (check them at my list of cables for KZs
Thanks for these recommendations. I'm actually not so well versed with cable technicalities but would assume low resistance=better performance? Correct me if Im wrong in your kz cable post, numbers in bracket indicate impedance?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #821 of 9,220
numbers between parenthesis preceding the cable are my particular coding of the cables (it's easier to refer to a number than repeating model, description, etc.).
dc resistance (similar to impedance because cables use to have constant resistance through 20Hz-20kHz) values are the 4 numbers at the right (in mΩ). i add total weight, between [ ] for some cables
and yes, low resistance=high conductivity=better performance=less chance of balanced armatures coloring=symptom of better quality and/or amount of wire, plugs and solders..

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #822 of 9,220
wo ho... it arrived.. H16 2.5mm
must break in it first..

first impression

its damn Thick. Compare to SLitz

Below with adapter mmcx to 2 pin

used with my TFZ King

and with my Polaris

will do full impression soon.
for now.... negative part is that MMCX is thick, can't put with Solaris, so I don't force it, afraid to break it

Continuing using H16 to Solaris... was so curious that I force plug it to Solaris... Then I give a short test regarding the pairing.
Low : Punchy and rumble get Thigh and detail
Mid : Sub mid is separate from Low. Mid not forward like Polaris.
High : really lost all the spark...
Overall : Still warm cable...quite good separation but suffered in High... Quite heavy, quickly get tired using this.

comparing with AbNormalz,
Low : less punchy and Thigh, but still detail rumble
Mid : sub Mid not as Thigh using H16. still have airy space. Hi Mid getting detail, sometime overlay with High
High : Spark is there. but much reduce if compare with SLitz.
Overall : Warm Cable, less bass punch, but better detail with a bit spark....

the outcome was very different pairing H16 with Solaris : better Bass with Thigh Punch and Detail Rumble, and better separation,
but loss a lot Spark, heavy and thick cable, and quite troublesome MMCX connection.
edit : Soundstage, ABnormalz feels a bit wider. but prob will be the same..

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #823 of 9,220
numbers between parenthesis preceding the cable are my particular coding of the cables (it's easier to refer to a number than repeating model, description, etc.).
dc resistance (similar to impedance because cables use to have constant resistance through 20Hz-20kHz) values are the 4 numbers at the right (in mΩ). i add total weight, between [ ] for some cables
and yes, low resistance=high conductivity=better performance=less chance of balanced armatures coloring=symptom of better quality and/or amount of wire, plugs and solders..
Got it. Thanks a ton for the information. :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #824 of 9,220
Anyone have experience with FIIO LC-3.5C or cheaper alternative ?

As a MMCX cable, the LC-2.5C/3.5C/4.4C is an easy to way to noticeably upgrade the sound of your current earphones. With this series of cable, you can expect smoother and less harsh treble, significantly increased detail, and vocals with clarity you never thought possible, Experience a clear, yet warmly inviting sound.
https://penonaudio.com/fiio-lc-3.5c-lc-2.5c-lc-4.4c.html

The BGVP OCC I bought to go with DM6 has not made enough difference compared to the standard and I’m now looking for a better alternative.

Going by description it sounds ideal for DM6 with its strong 8k highs.

Following seems to have same makeup as the FIIO:

10317C2F-FA5C-465D-8AE7-7CDD34DEB7F6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back