Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #391 of 9,223
This a new item on the extress. 7N OCC Silver plated copper wire. I am showing NiceHCKs version @ $99. the alternate version is $79

HTB1GzmkX2fsK1RjSszbq6AqBXXa8.jpg

Trying this one on a 12BA iem. Sounds great. Definitely got my monies worth in cables.

Last one I can't show. Lol. But these two are the best out of the three anyways.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #392 of 9,223
I was surprised today to see my 3 cables I ordered about 3 weeks ago. Including this one.
HTB1X4DtXLfsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXaJ.jpg

NiceHCKs is $129. Alternate version is $89. I bought the alternate as it is cheaper by a lot.. It is the exact same cable as the colors/ materials are exactly the same. I am very certain it is the same cable. These are so good it went directly on my Solaris. I have been using a pure silver cable on the Solaris and this cable brings yet another level to my Solaris. This cable is most definitely worth the money.

Which store sells the alternate version?

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #393 of 9,223
Guess it is VS Audio Store...

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #395 of 9,223
Banned seller. Bought all 3 of my cables from them. They have the same cables as NiceHCK but their own brand of course and is always cheaper for some reason.
I have often wondered why they are cheaper if its the same cable...

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #397 of 9,223
I have often wondered why they are cheaper if its the same cable...
they are cables 130 (nicehck, eidolic styled jack, chin slider), 131 (alternate, oyaide styled jack, no chin slider), and 132 (lunashops, furutech and oyaide styled jack available, no chin slider), in my list. they are all same length, same wire (pure silver + gold plated copper..).
the difference of resistance/conductivity between them might be due to jack used and solders. eidolic styled is a wider jack the the others, good for soldering thick wires. also, braid work (tightness) might affect to resistance, because total length of the wire can be different.
alternate cable (131) can be found at lunashops and other shops. oem made. they are identical, except of the brand stamped on the divider.
nicehck version uses different divider and adds a chin slider.

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #401 of 9,223
So with all said and done, what is the cable to buy (i need 4.4mm balanced) for the Solaris? I don't want to sacrifice any bass.

Jan 6, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #402 of 9,223
So with all said and done, what is the cable to buy (i need 4.4mm balanced) for the Solaris? I don't want to sacrifice any bass.
following this guy @duaned, I want the same material used in ALO Ref8 cable, but better for the bucks.... And additional no Microphonic effects with 4.4mm balanced and mmcx....

browsing myself left me confused, so many choose.....

Jan 6, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #404 of 9,223
Hi everyone, I recently moved my Grant Fidelity TubeDac-11 to my desk, and need a longer power cord. Currently I have the one shown below, it is 5 ft, it seems like a pretty basic cable so I don't need to go upgrading it to a $100 cable on a $300 amp. Something around 7ft - 8ft should work. States 20A 125V. Any comparable recommendations would be appreciated.
RZIp5oQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back