1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. HungryPanda
    I have a few OKSC cables and they are very good, the one you linked looks excellent

2. Tautvydas
    [deleted, double post]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  3. Tautvydas
    Thanks for your input! Going to order now.

4. hakuzen
    after first measurements of frequency response, distortion, impulse response, of a 5 balanced armatures iem with very different cables, i've not found any relevant conclusion.
    i'll keep trying to find something objective which could explain the slight difference of clarity when using some cables.
    anyway, the differences are subtle, far lower than what you get by tip-rolling. difficult to justify a big spent.
    if you have very resolving and detailed iems, you can get some benefit from a good cable; but don't expect miracles, just a tiny bit cleaner sound than regular cables (and there is no objective proof of this).

added more pics and measurements of cables which use same wire than cable 130 to my list. the difference of resistance between them is curious, because they share same wire. this reaffirms my preference for eidolic styled plugs (bigger), before oyaide or furutech ones; better conductivity.
    and added a new version of cable 052, yellow color, which has the best conductivity from all 052 versions.

dewy22, maxxevv, rayliam80 and 4 others like this.
  5. cobrabucket
    The lower these #'s the better?

6. hakuzen
    conductivity is a symptom of wire, plugs, and solders quality. so the lower the resistance, the better, at first glance.
    but a thin wire of good quality material could be better than a thick wire (lower resistance) of worse material. who knows. as this is not proven, resistance is still a good indicator.

7. Wiljen
    Conductivity is 1/R so is just as good as resistance as an indicator. The difference being you want the highest possible specific conductance and the lowest possible resistance.

8. hakuzen
    i assume everybody knows that conductivity is the inverse of resistance, so i use both terms indistinctly.
    but maybe my assumption was too optimistic.. lower resistance = higher conductivity, higher resistance = lower conductivity (for people who didn't know it yet)

9. Cycle Guy
    Can anyone tell me if there is a 2.5 mm balanced to 2 x phono cable which is about 2.5 metres long for use as a inter connect for car audio use

10. Wiljen
    I assume you mean 2.5mm to RCA cable since I don't know what Phono cable refers to, and yes, Plenty of interconnects do 2.5mm balanced to dual RCA - I'll recommend Blue Jean Cables as a good place to start as prices are good and they will make about anything you could want.

Cycle Guy likes this.
  11. Cycle Guy
    That is exactly what I’m after I will look them up Thanks

12. superuser1
    Is it possible to get some 2.5mm balanced cables with 2 pin right angled connectors?

upload_2018-12-24_9-0-16.png

All i can find on AE are cheap balanced cables for KZ .. does anyone know of slightly better cables with the same termination? Thanks

13. organofcorti
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    hakuzen and superuser1 like this.
  14. cobrabucket
  15. AvijitSingh
    I received the Satin audio cables the other day, Very nice cables, soft and pliable, no micro-phonics, the build and splitter are very solid. Slightly more expensive then the stuff on aliexpress and lunashops. But interacting with the store owner was easy and he was quick to respond on facebook. I am still trying to figure out if there is a noticeable change in the sound compared to the fiio cable. Overall the experience was great but fcuk DHL ( not a problem related to the storefront/owner ).
    HERE are 2 pictures of the cables https://imgur.com/PnwlZ2z https://imgur.com/OxJvszl,

I figured out how to post these images sorry about the size, I have to embed them due to some issues with the files themselves,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last