Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 28, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #256 of 9,149
I just got my 1st (2) SE TRN cables yesterday (mmcx and 0.75mm; both 3.5mm SE).

Personally, I think they looked better in the TRN promotional photos (but doesn’t everything LOL).

I agree the plugs and splitter make it look cheap. I also wish the cable was copper/silver and not yellow/silver. It makes it look flashier than I would have wanted. I haven’t decided if I’m going to dye mine all black.

Interestingly, my impedance measurements were not as widely varying as yours (up to a 0.4ohm difference). The most I measured in both of my SE cables was a 0.2ohm difference.
let them as they are and get the black and white. imo, this looks nicer than yellow/white (and i usually prefer vivid colors). the effect is like a shiny grey, and the black color plugs and splitter hides better their cheap material and finish.

Nov 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #257 of 9,149
let them as they are and get the black and white. imo, this looks nicer than yellow/white (and i usually prefer vivid colors). the effect is like a shiny grey, and the black color plugs and splitter hides better their cheap material and finish.

I agree. The finish on the splitter is called “knurled”, and it is normally used to provide for better grip on tool handles for example. But on the cable it looks extremely garish and cheap. I can understand why they did it on the plug, but it’s totally unnecessary on the y split. They should have just done a smooth finish on both (perhaps sandblasted or brushed finish instead of the polished look).

Now that I’ve seen them in person I’m going to order the black/silver version. Especially since most of my IEMs are black.

I am particularly happy with the mmcx version. It fits very tightly, even on IEMs that had loose stock cables. So I’m going to definitely pick up a few more mmcx. For $7, these are a no brainer (even with the impedance being off a few tenths - I don’t hear any balance difference).

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #258 of 9,149
i connected these cheap TRN cables to my Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 and Hisenior B5+, they sound very improved from the stock cables, especially EDC3(they had some veil in the mids with the stock cable, now is gone), however i am not sure that the improvement is coming from the cable material used, it is probably from the balanced 2.5mm connection

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #260 of 9,149
@hakuzen

The NickeHCK cables you recommended are the really well made indeed!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...030.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ffe64c4dRHLOtW

I got them for US$15/- during the 11.11 sales.
A friend who used to play RC cars has a battery resistance meter that he used for building battery packs ( to match batteries), he lent it to me on long-term loan as he isn't using it.
Pretty incredible resistance measurements : 0.150, 0.128, 0.148, 0.126 Ohms for 0.75mm two-pin 2.5mm TRRS version. ( I forgot to note down the left or right though)

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #261 of 9,149
Hey guys,

Can you share your findings after you received your cables, which of those brands or vendors should we stick to, the most well made and their products are as described ?

After going through the thread, iam getting the feeling that nicehck and linsoul are a nice way to go.

I already bought 2 cables from a banned brand we shouldn't mention like 3 month ago, but never received them, so i disputed and gonna go for another 2 one mmcx and one 2 pin may be around 50$ each.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #262 of 9,149
I find these TRN cables the best I have bought,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...876.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3dd94c4dJZb6YJ

They are cheap, light, braided, and have pre-formed earhooks instead of the metal wire inside. They are longer than 120cm maybe 130cm.
and the 3.5mm plug is nice and small.

I bought the cables recommended by OP in the first post too

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...030.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ffe64c4dRHLOtW

They are like a tank, thick heavy and short in length, a little shorter than 120cm and the weight is a real hassle using them as I can feel it against the top of my ears.
The 3.5mm plug is not as big as the Tin Audio T2 carbon fiber plug which is nice.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #263 of 9,149
Hey guys,

Can you share your findings after you received your cables, which of those brands or vendors should we stick to, the most well made and their products are as described ?

After going through the thread, iam getting the feeling that nicehck and linsoul are a nice way to go.

I already bought 2 cables from a banned brand we shouldn't mention like 3 month ago, but never received them, so i disputed and gonna go for another 2 one mmcx and one 2 pin may be around 50$ each.
give me some time. i'll post a full list of my cables with resistance measurements and comments in a couple of hours (only one cable is already in transit, nicehck og-occ).
nicehck is a good store where to buy most things. linsoul offer is smaller, and can't find big discounts, compared to nicehck. but guess they are serious too.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #264 of 9,149
I'm loving this combo alot. This pure copper/alloy cable can be purchased from various sellers. Unfortunately, I'm not able to share the link from the store I bought mine from. This cable pairs well with all of my various iem's and I highly recommend it.
20181203_180703.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #265 of 9,149
You know sometimes I wonder if there is such a huge difference between these Chifi cables and the boutique branded ones that cost an arm a leg and a kidney to buy. I mean they have to be better right since they cost $400-$1000. I will never in my lifetime buy one just to find out but the performance of these cheaper cables has shown me you don't have to spend much to get a really great sounding cable.

I suppose like all things in our hobby it is the laws of diminishing returns. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if my $70 silver cable performs just as good as a $300 silver cable with the $300 cable being 2%-5% better.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #266 of 9,149
I'm loving this combo alot. This pure copper/alloy cable can be purchased from various sellers. Unfortunately, I'm not able to share the link from the store I bought mine from. This cable pairs well with all of my various iem's and I highly recommend it.
yea, i love that cable, look and performance. i've received today a third unit. but one solder is bad into the jack, R+ signal: 3Ω to open circuit (no sound) when touching the cable. a nightmare to ask for a replacement, ship the bad unit back.. but the jack is glued or very tight screwed and i'm afraid to damage it by trying to open.
the other 2 units are perfect and are my reference now.

i've also received today the new nicehck cable, 7n occ copper, plated with pure silver and some gold color, 8 cores. it's also in the thick and heavy side (33.4g), but very soft and flexible, and conductivity is superb as well. 100,101,98,111 mΩ
sure you can get one of the cleanest sound with this cable, as with the 7n occ 4 cores cable.
this wire is also advertised in other shops as pure silver, but guess it's copper, with true pure silver plating.
7N OCC spc 0.05mm*48(27awg,OD:1.2mm)*8c UV-PVC sleeve [2c/signal: 24AWG]
the quality of the material and plugs (eidolic type, i like them more than furutech type, although bigger) must be very good, because i expected resistance to be about 120mΩ (10Ω higher), based on its structure and length.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32952865240.html
HTB1X4DtXLfsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXaJ.jpg

some of the cables around:
cables01.jpg

edit: at last, i've given up about getting t88k. there is another good offer now, but the comments about their so thick sound (even thicker than audbos p4) make me feel they are not for me.
will wait for more reference and thinner iems.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #268 of 9,149
yea, i love that cable, look and performance. i've received today a third unit. but one solder is bad into the jack, R+ signal: 3Ω to open circuit (no sound) when touching the cable. a nightmare to ask for a replacement, ship the bad unit back.. but the jack is glued or very tight screwed and i'm afraid to damage it by trying to open.
the other 2 units are perfect and are my reference now.

i've also received today the new nicehck cable, 7n occ copper, plated with pure silver and some gold color, 8 cores. it's also in the thick and heavy side (33.4g), but very soft and flexible, and conductivity is superb as well. 100,101,98,111 mΩ
sure you can get one of the cleanest sound with this cable, as with the 7n occ 4 cores cable.
this wire is also advertised in other shops as pure silver, but guess it's copper, with true pure silver plating.
7N OCC spc 0.05mm*48(27awg,OD:1.2mm)*8c UV-PVC sleeve [2c/signal: 24AWG]
the quality of the material and plugs (eidolic type, i like them more than furutech type, although bigger) must be very good, because i expected resistance to be about 120mΩ (10Ω higher), based on its structure and length.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32952865240.html
HTB1X4DtXLfsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXaJ.jpg

some of the cables around:

edit: at last, i've given up about getting t88k. there is another good offer now, but the comments about their so thick sound (even thicker than audbos p4) make me feel they are not for me.
will wait for more reference and thinner iems.
upload_2018-12-4_7-4-11.png

Which cable is that one?

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #269 of 9,149
This $7 cable works well on for example on my UE900S and my Tinaudio T2:
yes, i think that might be one of the best value mmcx under $10 cables. didn't add it to the list of kz cables because it's mmcx.
measured (L,R,GndL,GndR): 384 384 375 376 mΩ. very good for such a thin a 4 cores cable. and the metallic oyaide styled jack is better than most in $10 cables.
got issues with the cheap new 8 cores cables from trn and kz. this one is right soldered and you get very similar resistance in all signals.

Which cable is that one?
it's the cable posted immediately above, with pic, link and measurements. new nicehck pure silver (and "gold") plated 7n occ copper cable. received it today, and i'm listening to toneking t4 with them right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back