Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 26, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #9,076 of 9,186
Is Hakugei a step above NiceHCK cables ? I never heard any Hakugei cable yet but is there any very good recommendation from this brand (mid/high price range) ?
The cables I'm using mostly are the following :

1711455373709.png

And this one :

1711455117081.png

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #9,077 of 9,186
Is Hakugei a step above NiceHCK cables ? I never heard any Hakugei cable yet but is there any very good recommendation from this brand (mid/high price range) ?
The cables I'm using mostly are the following :

1711455373709.png

And this one :

1711455117081.png
CEMA is more expensive but best of 3 others in terms of SQ and AQ. IMHO average Hakugei is nearby to average XINHS by sound quality and some worse assembly quality. Average NiceHCK very good AQ and quite good SQ - also nearby to average XINHS.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #9,078 of 9,186
Hi guys,. Back to ask a question and seek your help.

My FirstTouch and SilverCat arrived as I posted above. Sound great. Don't hang great from my ears. Both are oo heavy, too thick, for when I have my phone in my pocket and I'm doing chores around the house. They pull on the IEMs, which doesn't feel great, but more importantly, using my Tri Clarion tips on the Olina SE, makes the IEM shift within my ear breaking the seal.

Also, the .78 two pin terminations stick out from the IEM a lot farther than the stock cables... they have a metal barrel, then a plastic extension, and finally the two pins. Not sure what the plastic extension is for, but it makes the cable extend further from my ears before turning to go behind my ear. I think that affects the feeling of instability I have when using them.

I like the EST cable because the ear terminations fit flush with the IEM itself, and the cable split isn't heavy like stainless steel or copper...the EST cable split seems to be aluminum and helps the lightness of the cable overall..

What i am looking for may not exist, but it is the Thieaudio EST cable but cheaper than $62 (on sale):

1. thin or medium in diameter, 4 core, 8 or 16 core, preferably simple SPC, twisted ( like the Thieaudio EST cable) braided only if thin diameter, much less diameter than FirstTouch or SilverCat.
2. No plastic pin extension past where the metal ends. I want IEM to be flush with metal
3. coating not hard plastic feeling, which is how the stock Olina cables feel to me.
4. $40 or less, as (to me) appropriate to a $100 IEM.

I was going to order NiceHCK Deepsnow, cuz it looks twisted, but the day before the Sale, it was removed from my cart since they were sold out of 3.5/2 pin. That is the one that looks closest to what I'm seeking, except it fails point 2 above. Also It might be thicker than the EST, but not sure.

Maybe I just need the Tripowin Zonie? Does it feel soft and not hard?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #9,079 of 9,186
Also, the .78 two pin terminations stick out from the IEM a lot farther than the stock cables... they have a metal barrel, then a plastic extension, and finally the two pins. Not sure what the plastic extension is for, but it makes the cable extend further from my ears before turning to go behind my ear. I think that affects the feeling of instability I have when using them.
Unfortunately I can’t assist with your other question about a proper cable as I still suck at picking them myself, but I can with this.

Some IEMs have a recessed 2pin port, which allows that little plastic extension to slot in and give it some extra protection. My Szalayi is like this, I cannot use cables that don’t have it with that IEM. If the option is there, it will be labeled as “recessed 2pin”.

Also, the recessed 2pin helps add a little length to the post for people with larger ears. I pretty much can’t use a cable that doesn’t have it, as it pulls down too much causing the same exact unsealing issue you mentioned.

Hope this helps, xinhs/ivipq cables typically have an option to select one or the other.

Edit - also if you like a cable on AE but it doesn’t have the option, always worth it to try to message the seller to see if they can accommodate. I had my next round of cables made modular and with different chin sliders by messaging ivipq.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #9,080 of 9,186

My FirstTouch and SilverCat arrived as I posted above. Sound great. Don't hang great from my ears. Both are oo heavy, too thick, for when I have my phone in my pocket and I'm doing chores around the house. They pull on the IEMs, which doesn't feel great, but more importantly, using my Tri Clarion tips on the Olina SE, makes the IEM shift within my ear breaking the seal.

I like the EST cable because the ear terminations fit flush with the IEM itself, and the cable split isn't heavy like stainless steel or copper...the EST cable split seems to be aluminum and helps the lightness of the cable overall..

What i am looking for may not exist, but it is the Thieaudio EST cable but cheaper than $62 (on sale):

1. thin or medium in diameter, 4 core, 8 or 16 core, preferably simple SPC, twisted ( like the Thieaudio EST cable) braided only if thin diameter, much less diameter than FirstTouch or SilverCat.
2. No plastic pin extension past where the metal ends. I want IEM to be flush with metal
3. coating not hard plastic feeling, which is how the stock Olina cables feel to me.

I was going to order NiceHCK Deepsnow, cuz it looks twisted, but the day before the Sale, it was removed from my cart since they were sold out of 3.5/2 pin. That is the one that looks closest to what I'm seeking, except it fails point 2 above. Also It might be thicker than the EST, but not sure.

Thanks.
The plastic extensions on the 2pin connectors is for recessed 2pin iems. The plastic extensions usually don't cause a problem on flush 2pin iems so most companies only offer that style of 2pin connector. Xinhs offers flush mount 2pin connectors on their cables.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$36.95 35%OFF | XINSH 4 Core 5N UPOCC Upgraded Cable with MMCX/2PIN/QDC/TFZ Connector 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Plug For KZ TINHIFI T2 BLON BL01
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLKbdAK

I think this cable may be what you're looking for...I have the pure copper version of this cable, it is very flexible, soft and hangs from the ears well. It sounds better than most stock cables, but is somewhere in the middle of the pack compared to my other cables.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought this version was Silver plated, but I guess not

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #9,081 of 9,186

Thanks.

I'm using Nobunaga Labs Iris cables, very thin and they weigh about 12 grams and they don't have earhooks. ~37€ +tax +shipping from Amazon Japan. Shipping was pretty steep so i ordered 2 of them and a pack of SpiralDot++ to "spread" the shipping cost a bit. Delivery was very fast tho, 4 days from Japan to Finland.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #9,082 of 9,186
Unfortunately I can’t assist with your other question about a proper cable as I still suck at picking them myself, but I can with this.

Some IEMs have a recessed 2pin port, which allows that little plastic extension to slot in and give it some extra protection. My Szalayi is like this, I cannot use cables that don’t have it with that IEM. If the option is there, it will be labeled as “recessed 2pin”.

Also, the recessed 2pin helps add a little length to the post for people with larger ears. I pretty much can’t use a cable that doesn’t have it, as it pulls down too much causing the same exact unsealing issue you mentioned.

Hope this helps, xinhs/ivipq cables typically have an option to select one or the other.

Edit - also if you like a cable on AE but it doesn’t have the option, always worth it to try to message the seller to see if they can accommodate. I had my next round of cables made modular and with different chin sliders by messaging ivipq.

OK so my Canon 2 arrived today, This gave me a chance to weigh the stock cables

Olina SE, stock cable, 3.5 2 pin termination: 13.9 grams
Hype2 stock cable, 3.5 2 pin termination: 26.6 grams
Canon 2, stock cable, 4.4 2 pin termination: 29.1 grams (3.5 termination likely weighs 28 grams)
NiceHCK SilverCat, 3.5 2 pin: 47.3 grams
NkceHCK FirstTouch, 3.5 2 poin, 47.7 grams

I had tried they Hype2 cable on the Olina, and it felt and sounded fine. That's what gave me the idea to upgrade cable on the Olina to one that felt better in the hand. I guess it never occurred to me that an aftermarket cable would weigh 47grams compared to the 26 grams of the thick and nice Thieaudio EST cable. On my ears that extra 21 grams or weight makes the IEMs try to pull out or my ears. With the Canon 2, the heavier cables are noticeable on the back of my ear, but don't pull on the IEMs themselves.

As an aside, but actually maybe more to the point, why don't aftermarket cable makers list the weight of their cable? Seems actually a more important specification to list than number of cores, or even metal material. Too much weight makes a cable unusable for walking around to some ears and some IEMs/tips. Actually, for practical reasons, the stock Olina pasticky feeling cable is more functional than either NiceHCK cable, even though the NiceHCK have better feel in the hand, (not on the ear) and look a whole lot nicer.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #9,083 of 9,186
why don't aftermarket cable makers list the weight of their cable?
That´s a good question I´ve aksed myself aswell because its so hard to judge from the pictures how heavy/bulky a cable is.

If you´d have an indicator that it might be too heavy you probably wouldn´t order it

Without weight indicator you´ll base your decision solely on looks and if it turns out to be too heavy you will order a second one :money_mouth:

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #9,085 of 9,186

Both of these cables are flush mount, 2-pin:

KBEAR Hazy 6N +Copper-Silver Alloy
Aful P8 vs Top.jpg

KBEAR Chord 6N Graphene+4N OFC Silver-plated
B2 Dusk wSedna tips.jpg

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #9,087 of 9,186
Best 30 schekel ever spent on a cable ... ISN S8.

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-s8.html

I've got two of them, one MMCX and one 0.78 two-pin and I'll probably get some more since I've yet to find an IEM where they didn't add more clarity, transparency and natural air+ an enhanced soundstage with better separation and imaging compared to their stock and most of my other 3rd party cables with the exception of sterling silver here and there.

My old Dunu DK-3001 sound more alive than ever before, still relaxed though ... definitely not the worst set I've bought back in 2017 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1711836237771-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #9,088 of 9,186
So I did a very interesting cable comparison for my review of the Lavricables Master Silver V4 cable. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lavricable-master-silver-v4.27143/reviews This review has a comparison to the 8 core NiceHCK pure silver cable on it toward the bottom. Reason for this comparison is. You ever wonder if a $38 pure silver cable is the same as a $300 + pure silver IEM cable? Read my review and find out.
DSC01756.JPG

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #9,090 of 9,186
IMG_4526.jpeg

My two NiceHCK lucky bag cables finally arrived - as suspected, they are Sakura and 7NBEE.

On the Himalaya, Sakura is the more mid-centric one and brings female vocals forward a bit. Its bass is tighter but still well extended. 7NBEE is the basshead one and attenuates a bit of upper-mid and treble energy. Both have good resolution. Neither has that upper-mid peak that the stock cable brings.

Both are very good - excellent if you factor in the clearance price. I paid $19.99 for Sakura and $25.99 for 7NBEE before tax and they are better than most cables at that price point.

There’s still stock on sale with new discount codes (old ones have expired) - 41PINK and 41GOLD.

Sakura
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713552834.html

7NBEE
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713717535.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back