Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #9,061 of 9,223
Effect Audio knows they are onto something with that proprietary geometry of their Code cables and that unfortunately ends up costing folks the money they are charging for them.
Thanks!
One could always hope... :wink:

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #9,062 of 9,223
For the current AE Sale I'm looking to grab a few of NiceHCK's more expensive cables. I'm thinking of trying the CoaxialSir Ultra, 7NBee, and the GreenMood. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #9,063 of 9,223
For the current AE Sale I'm looking to grab a few of NiceHCK's more expensive cables. I'm thinking of trying the CoaxialSir Ultra, 7NBee, and the GreenMood. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
If the CoaxialSir Ultra is the same cable material as the non-ultra, it is very stiff. More so than any other cable I have ever known.

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #9,064 of 9,223
If the CoaxialSir Ultra is the same cable material as the non-ultra, it is very stiff. More so than any other cable I have ever known.
Yeah, I've heard that it is stiff, but from what I've read, people seem to think it has very good sound qualities. So, if it sounds really good, I can put up with stiffness for just listening at my desk.

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #9,066 of 9,223
My most expensive NiceHCK cable is AceOrpheus. The sound is very good and much better than GreenMood, but not so good as more expensive CEMA Super Copper. Even Yongse Warcraft is noticeably better. Next thing is I guess multi-material of rare elements doesn't give any good improvements. I have several dozen cheap cables and only couple of them are really decent. One of them is https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ex9iomt

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #9,070 of 9,223
Mar 21, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #9,072 of 9,223
Nice find. Don't need any new cables, but am tempted by a few - Sakura, Musou (modular) and don't recall seeing Maple priced this low before.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #9,074 of 9,223
Just found this price comparison site for NiceHCK cables. Seems pretty good:
https://techtime.jp/nicehck-recables/nicehck-recables-prices/
Thanks for this! There were extra promo codes for certain cables that I didn't know about.

Has anyone looked at or tried the Yongse Whiteze? It looks to be the same cable material as the Juzear Limpid and NiceHCK WhiteCrane but you can also get it in an 8 core version, which is what I'm kinda interested in.

Edit: On closer inspection, the cores look really close but may be a smaller awg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #9,075 of 9,223
I'm surprised I already received the two cables I ordered on 3/18 Sale from the NICEhck audio store. SilverCat ($22) and FirstTouch ($25). That's 5 days!

Now, I listen using Spotify 320k and the Apple dongle, so there is very little in the chain that would interact differently with cables of different impedances.

They are as I had hoped, better looking and better feeling than the thin, plasticky cables stock on the Olina OG and Olina SE. Spent 3 hours using the Olina SE IEMs, and testing both against the stock cable, and, well, at first I thought I heard a big difference with the FirstTouch being treble rolled off, but after multiple A/B realized I was wrong. I thought a few songs sounded like they were lacking treble detail, but my auditory memory was simply wrong. Each cable sounded exactly the same on several songs where I test the decay of cymbals and other upper harmonics. I went back and forth between the stock, SilverCat, and FirstTouch at least 6 times on different songs. I also added in the cable from my Hype2, and nothing changed. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy the sound of my Olinas has not changed, I like them as they are.

I then tried all the cables on my Hype2... the stock EST cable, the Silvercat and the FirstTouch. As with the Olina SE, all three cables gave me the same HF timbre and decay from cymbals... nothing rolled off at all.

When my Canon 2 arrives Wednesday, I am going to run the Silvercat, FirstTouch, and EST cables on those and report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back