Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #9,091 of 9,198
IMG_4526.jpeg

My two NiceHCK lucky bag cables finally arrived - as suspected, they are Sakura and 7NBEE.

On the Himalaya, Sakura is the more mid-centric one and brings female vocals forward a bit. Its bass is tighter but still well extended. 7NBEE is the basshead one and attenuates a bit of upper-mid and treble energy. Both have good resolution. Neither has that upper-mid peak that the stock cable brings.

Both are very good - excellent if you factor in the clearance price. I paid $19.99 for Sakura and $25.99 for 7NBEE before tax and they are better than most cables at that price point.

There’s still stock on sale with new discount codes (old ones have expired) - 41PINK and 41GOLD.

Sakura
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713552834.html

7NBEE
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006713717535.html
I was really bummed that there were no 4.4mm 2 Pin versions left...I was really wanting the 7NBee but settled for a LightLove.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #9,093 of 9,198
Any thoughts on this cable?

1712080801807.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #9,094 of 9,198
Any thoughts on this cable?

I have it and i love it! Light and pretty compared to many other similar priced swappable cables. For sound it adds smoothness and airiness but is not as dense as compared to many pure copper cables. it does better than most other copper cables, including Hakugei rice imo

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #9,095 of 9,198
Unfortunately I can’t assist with your other question about a proper cable as I still suck at picking them myself, but I can with this.

Some IEMs have a recessed 2pin port, which allows that little plastic extension to slot in and give it some extra protection. My Szalayi is like this, I cannot use cables that don’t have it with that IEM. If the option is there, it will be labeled as “recessed 2pin”.

Also, the recessed 2pin helps add a little length to the post for people with larger ears. I pretty much can’t use a cable that doesn’t have it, as it pulls down too much causing the same exact unsealing issue you mentioned.

Hope this helps, xinhs/ivipq cables typically have an option to select one or the other.

Edit - also if you like a cable on AE but it doesn’t have the option, always worth it to try to message the seller to see if they can accommodate. I had my next round of cables made modular and with different chin sliders by messaging ivipq.

Do you know if they provide mmcx, can I ask for dual 3.5mm?

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #9,096 of 9,198
Do you know if they provide mmcx, can I ask for dual 3.5mm?
Yea just message the seller of whatever cable catches your eye and see if they can.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #9,098 of 9,198
Thanks! I think NiceHCK never provide dual 3.5mm but I always want to try. Do you know if they provide it if I ask?

NiceHCK I am not sure, someone else may know. I’ve seen 3.5mm on XINHS and ivipq though.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #9,099 of 9,198
The first of my orders from the AE Sale showed up...IvipQ-520 8core OCC and Graphene

It's the first cable with graphene I've tried and this thing sounds great to me. It has the warmer tone of pure copper yet the highs at the very very top are more lit up and faster sounding. The midrange seems to be kind of dark sounding, but in a good way...hard to explain really. The bass has extra heft to it, everything feels more textured and the soundstage is more 3D and immersive. The resolution could be better. It's not bad at all, but some of my 6- 7N OCC cables have better clarity. I definitely enjoyed this one, it's a keeper.

1000013964.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #9,100 of 9,198
Can anyone ID this cable? It is supposed to be a NiceHCK graphene. I got it as part of a bundle from an obsure Japanese site. I can't seem to match it up with any of their cables. There is no branding on any of the connectors. Thanks!

1712241191809.png

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #9,103 of 9,198
can somebody recomend cheap cables? here's what iam looking for.

RCA
XLR
Blue Jeans Cable is my baseline for interconnects ($50/pair). Any cheaper and I run into unpredictable frequency roll off at one or both ends. Lots of unit variation with cheaper cables, but you might get lucky (or you might not notice).

USB C - USB A
USB C - USB C
USB C - USB B
Depends on use case. If it's not a picky component, I'm good with a generic cable ($5-$10). But if it's a picky component, I have to find a cable that plays nicely with that particular component. No general recommendations since it depends on the component.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #9,105 of 9,198

Users who are viewing this thread

Back