Loudest Bass IEM
Nov 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:
Haha, I remember the beats tours I had, the bass was pretty good granted.
tongue.gif
Not $200 AUS good though. I was pretty impressed with the sub-bass though. lol.
Now, you better leave, before people come running with the anti beats pitch forks! lol
wink.gif

Mate, out of all people here, you would be THE LEAST person I expected to have owned a Beats cans...

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #33 of 37
Mate, out of all people here, you would be THE LEAST person I expected to have owned a Beats cans...

Actually If it wasn't for the tours I would never of discovered Head-Fi. When I first started this hobby I was trying every IEM at the local shopping mall (JB Hifi) but nothing would cut it, last purchase I made there was the most expensive 'z tours' Like the person above us I sold them on ebay.

Honestly $35 soundMAGIC E10 (my gateway purchase) sound better than beats tours

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #34 of 37
I will recommend to gather some more cash and buy Denon C300, they offers amazingly deep tight punchy loudest bass and surprisingly mids, highs are very detailed with huge soujndstage(out of head). But under your current budget JVC FX3X, Sony XB90EX, Turbine, Soul AMP HD are great buy.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
Just bass and bass, nothing there, worst pair of headphones Ive ever owned and I sold it off without thinking again on ebay :p

I actually have found a home for Beats Tour in my lineup.  I use them when listening to action movies.  They're comfy, and the sub-bass is a lot of fun when a starship flies through or a building explodes. 

I don't find them anywhere near the worst headphones I've ever owned.  With the lot of totally unlistenable buds on the market-- they're not even in by bottom 10.  If I were to classify them, I'd call them overpriced, but not worst sounding. 

But you have to make certain you're getting real Beats Tour-- because the fakes that are out there look identical, but sound like hell.   I've had both real and fake, and if not for a different font on the small print on the box, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.  Brick and mortar stores are the only safe place to get a pair.  If you purchased anywhere online, you were listening to fakes.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #37 of 37
I enjoy the Hippo VB tremendously.  I wish one day they'll make one with the remote control.  For the price point, bass quality, well made, and fast shipping from Jaben, it's surely a win-win pair.  With the DAC, it sounds even better.  Please Hippo, include the remote, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back