Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Mar 4, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #1,292 of 1,457
Hi,

I am considering buying LP6K just for of its PEQ.

Is there any volume drop when PEQ is engaged and when you boost 4-5db of bass/subbass frequencies?
Hey there. No, none I can notice. Just tried it on my IEM and well, same level but with too much subbass now! :) I know what you mean with those EQ that keeps the SPL level so increasing the subbass region substantially causes the overall level to drop to maintain the same overall level. The idea isn’t bad but since it doesn’t know what device is connected, it just tries to avoid introducing distortion not knowing if there is any.

Mar 4, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,293 of 1,457
Hey there. No, none I can notice. Just tried it on my IEM and well, same level but with too much subbass now! :) I know what you mean with those EQ that keeps the SPL level so increasing the subbass region substantially causes the overall level to drop to maintain the same overall level. The idea isn’t bad but since it doesn’t know what device is connected, it just tries to avoid introducing distortion not knowing if there is any.
Thanks a lot for checking this for me.

I will soon be buying LP6K. Hope Lotoo wouldn't release LP7K just after I buy 6K.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #1,295 of 1,457
Many of you asked me about simpler, but good sounding DAPs with a display, so I made a second video review about the PAW6000 from Lotoo, a DAP that really sounds nice with any music, and has a softer, more musical touch to its sonic, perfect for those who enjoy a more refined presentation~!

Apr 2, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #1,296 of 1,457
Hi, anyone willing to share his eq settings for making bass and sub bass more prominent? I'm trying to play with eq settings but can't find the one with I am happy. Just curious what settings other use.

Apr 2, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #1,297 of 1,457
Hi, anyone willing to share his eq settings for making bass and sub bass more prominent? I'm trying to play with eq settings but can't find the one with I am happy. Just curious what settings other use.

For most DAPs, first two sliders increase by a few dB, and decrease 100 Hz by a few dB

What heapdones / IEMs are you using?

Apr 2, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #1,299 of 1,457
Yep, I get that, but whatever I do, I'm not satisfied with results. I`m using dunu dk-4001.

If we are talking about Lotoo DAPs, there are no sliders. It uses Parametric EQ, and Lotoo provided a very detailed pdf guide in their FAQ how to use it, here.

For bass, try to use this popular graph as a reference, PMEQ will let you adjust to any specific frequency and you can also vary Q and then play with boosts and cuts.

FreqChart.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #1,300 of 1,457
Yep, I get that, but whatever I do, I'm not satisfied with results. I`m using dunu dk-4001.
PMEQ is complicated, you need to understand the frequencies and Q value to get the best results.

These images show very good demonstration of PMEQ.

And the above image posted by twister6 to get the idea of which frequencies to fiddle with.

LotooEQ1mod.gif

LotooEQ2mod.gif

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,302 of 1,457
A synopsis in 100 words - love the looks, the simplicity, the fast loading (20 seconds to display the tracks), the power, the ATE and PMEQ functions, the flourishes of gold. I compared this to an AK380 Meteoric Titan, Colorfly U8 & Fiio M11. M11 was streets behind in SQ - AK380 & U8 - you'll have to read/watch to find out:relaxed: There are 5 binaural sound samples for you to make your own minds up about what you like included in the YouTube video. At just more than a third of the price of the Gold Touch, this could be a decent compromise to get into Lotoo's high end stuff.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lotoo-paw-6000.24212/

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #1,303 of 1,457
If we are talking about Lotoo DAPs, there are no sliders. It uses Parametric EQ, and Lotoo provided a very detailed pdf guide in their FAQ how to use it, here.

For bass, try to use this popular graph as a reference, PMEQ will let you adjust to any specific frequency and you can also vary Q and then play with boosts and cuts.

FreqChart.JPG

Your link goes to canjam singapore buddy 🤔

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #1,304 of 1,457
Apr 3, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,305 of 1,457
A synopsis in 100 words - love the looks, the simplicity, the fast loading (20 seconds to display the tracks), the power, the ATE and PMEQ functions, the flourishes of gold. I compared this to an AK380 Meteoric Titan, Colorfly U8 & Fiio M11. M11 was streets behind in SQ - AK380 & U8 - you'll have to read/watch to find out:relaxed: There are 5 binaural sound samples for you to make your own minds up about what you like included in the YouTube video. At just more than a third of the price of the Gold Touch, this could be a decent compromise to get into Lotoo's high end stuff.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lotoo-paw-6000.24212/

Great review! I did notice the time it took to display your tracks/folder structure and that is quite different from mine which is literally instant as the OS boots up. I’m using a 512gb Sandisk Extreme Pro at 60% capacity with a very clean folder structure, tagged files and no non-music files (other than some album art) which are mostly 16/44 but includes the occasional up to 24/192 or DSD files.

I’m thinking of getting the LGPT but I would like to try it first and it seems impossible to do so in my area.

My only negative with the LP6K, if we can call it a negative, is that I like to listen a lot to newly purchased albums and it doesn’t offer a view or filter as such like the Sony app or Roon. So I have to use Roon to know which album I will listen to next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back