Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Jan 9, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #1,261 of 1,457
Please, let me clarify. Usually when a new person asks, they pose the question how does X sound to Y all by itself without the qualifications of any other parts of the chain: 6K vs M11, where a more experienced person generally tends to list the genres of music and other parts to the chain. For example, I would like to know how the M11 compares to the 6k, I generally listen to R&B, Pop and some EDM and my current IEMs are the 7z Timeless and the U6t. By knowing how complicated your source and the resolution of your listening devices, I believe people could have given you a more specific answer. For example, are you listening to Classical, perhaps HD recordings where many audiophiles look for technical accuracy and a more neutral sound signature, with really good imaging and stage, or maybe EDM where many people value low-end punch and attack and less the hyper realism of classical? You also didn't state any of your preferences or desired sound signature as in between the M11 and 6k, which do you feel is more neutral or warmer, or has the biggest punch. Knowing what you were after would also help someone craft a more specific response.

So I see you are not new, but you asked your question in very much the way someone who is new would ask it, without very many details or context for someone to give you anything but a basic response. Therefore, I could only offer you that they were both very good and go with the functionality as the difference there is much greater than the difference in sound signatures, especially at this price range.

BTW, the line-out on the 6k works great as an input to your Vali 2+ and is a lot of fun. I recently picked one up from a friend to try out and enjoy it very much with my IEMs.

Jan 16, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #1,263 of 1,457
Hey, same here 😃 With which module are you using your U6t?

No, sorry, you have the U6t. I have custom versions of the J. Harvey Angie and the UM Mest Mk2. Interested to try the U12t again, I really liked then on first impression, but I have a couple of other things to get for my home setup (Sus, Spring 3) before going back to my travel setup.

Jan 21, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,265 of 1,457
Hello. I bought this DAP. It is my first player. Can i use every micro sd card? Or do I have to look for something special.

Thank you.

Hey there! I wouldn't say every or any micro SD card as there might be some specialty cards out there that were not meant for such a device but any consumer grade SD card should do. There are no specific specs in the manual or anything about micro SD card compatibility except it needs to be <=2tb.

Jan 23, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #1,267 of 1,457
Bluetooth on this Dap is hit & miss can this be improved by an update?
Have the new philips fidelio t1 and sound great linked to my Xperia II using Ldac for gym setup.
Only problem all my music files are on my paw6000 so need to get this Bluetooth sorted if possible?
Thanks

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #1,268 of 1,457
Bluetooth on this Dap is hit & miss can this be improved by an update?
Have the new philips fidelio t1 and sound great linked to my Xperia II using Ldac for gym setup.
Only problem all my music files are on my paw6000 so need to get this Bluetooth sorted if possible?
Thanks
Do you have the latest firmware? Should be 1.2.0.9. What problem are you having exactly? With previous firmware, I did have issues auto-connecting to an iPad on the P6K Bluetooth dac function startup but all I had to do was select the P6K from the Bluetooth menu on the iPad. It didn’t happen since I am on last firmware, everything now works flawlessly.

Jan 23, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #1,269 of 1,457
Do you have the latest firmware? Should be 1.2.0.9. What problem are you having exactly? With previous firmware, I did have issues auto-connecting to an iPad on the P6K Bluetooth dac function startup but all I had to do was select the P6K from the Bluetooth menu on the iPad. It didn’t happen since I am on last firmware, everything now works flawlessly.
Hi,

I am on the latest 1.2.0.9 firmware and when I go into the Bluetooth settings and do a search it finds the Bluetooth earphones but when I try to connect keep saying connection failed.
These Bluetooth earphones connect fine with my phone no issues at all.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #1,270 of 1,457
I have a Sony WM-1Z that has 256GB of internal storage. I find myself stuffing everything into my external micro SD card and leaving the built in storage virtually unused. To me not having internal storage is no longer a hindrance. I never thought I would say this, but I actually prefer the Lotoo P6K over the 1Z now. It is truly a wonderful portable DAP.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #1,271 of 1,457
Hi,

I am on the latest 1.2.0.9 firmware and when I go into the Bluetooth settings and do a search it finds the Bluetooth earphones but when I try to connect keep saying connection failed.
These Bluetooth earphones connect fine with my phone no issues at all.
Have you checked that the BT earphones don’t connect to something else first causing the P6K to fail? I tried with My BT earphone too and my tablet was linking first causing the P6K to fail exactly like you mention. Once disconnected from my iPad, I manually selected my BT earphone in the BT menu of the P6K and it connected to my P6K properly. If nothing works, aks Lotoo by email or with a message on their Facebook page. I did not long ago for a Paw S1 firmware issue and the got back to me and solved it in no time.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #1,272 of 1,457
Hi,

Thinking about what you have said my phone did have bluetooth on at the time as I had been using the earphones with the phone earlier that day.

I will try again later and make sure the bluetooth settings for the earphones has been disconnected on my phone before trying bluetooth on P6K.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,273 of 1,457
Lotoo's PAW 6000 write-up is up.

Here's a copy-past of the comparisons with the PAW 6000 (Super slow Roll-off filter) I was interested in and what I heard via the 64 Audio U6t with MX module:
  • Cayin RU6 (NOS) — The RU6 has slightly more pronounced mids, is more dynamic and warmer. This results in an overall more organic feel.
  • FiiO M11 Plus LTD (Super slow Roll-off filter) — The M11 Plus LTD is softer, warmer, with a more intimate presentation and narrower soundstage.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,274 of 1,457
Hi,

Thinking about what you have said my phone did have bluetooth on at the time as I had been using the earphones with the phone earlier that day.

I will try again later and make sure the bluetooth settings for the earphones has been disconnected on my phone before trying bluetooth on P6K.

Thanks
Lotoo's PAW 6000 write-up is up.

Here's a copy-past of the comparisons with the PAW 6000 (Super slow Roll-off filter) I was interested in and what I heard via the 64 Audio U6t with MX module:
  • Cayin RU6 (NOS) — The RU6 has slightly more pronounced mids, is more dynamic and warmer. This results in an overall more organic feel.
  • FiiO M11 Plus LTD (Super slow Roll-off filter) — The M11 Plus LTD is softer, warmer, with a more intimate presentation and narrower soundstage.

Nice review!

Agree, it is not a warm DAP, but as you say it is musical and technical. Personally, I like my sources to be a bit more neutral, but not overly analytical, as it can give you a lot of flexibility with your IEMs or Headphones. This way you can listen to warm and analytical using the same source, just change the IEM. For fun, I use the 3.5mm as a line out into a Schiit Vali 2+ while at my desk. You should try it.

One more thing to note is because this DAP is very clean and musical, it scales very well. The Looto 6k scales well up to the $4k to $5k IEM range. At that level, sure, you can consider the Gold Touch (more power, slightly blacker background) or go L&P, but you won't need to do it. The strength of the 6k is it's range, from $200 IEMs up to some of the best available. Hell, I know people who even put Susvara's on it and said it sounded Arya decent.

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,275 of 1,457
Hello dear head-fier,

I have a problem with bluetooth too. The Lotoo doesn't find any bluetooth headphones, speakers or my car. The bluetooth DAC doesn't work either. It cannot be found. Firmware is up to date. I also reseted to the factory settings. Would be awesome, if someone could help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back