Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Feb 11, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #1,276 of 1,457
1. Bluetooth stuck. It is definitely on but won't search or pair any devices, won't turn off/on, it won't do anything. Won't even load list of bluetooth devices. On Bluetooth DAC it won't even get past the screen of turning on the bluetooth.
Did software reset, upgraded software, went into recovery mode and nuked it to factory defaults. Nothing worked.
Lotoo's fix was use an older firmware they sent me, they replied quickly and that sorted out the issue! Kudos for the fast support!
Hi. I have the same problem as you. How can I install an older firmware?

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #1,277 of 1,457
Unfortunately, LP 6K is somewhat known for poor Bluetooth performance. I love mine but have never been able to get it to connect to most devices.

Feb 12, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #1,279 of 1,457
Lotoo Paw 6000 - Feb. 2022

I decided to try a Lotoo DAP, after a lot of research and reading. Over the years I've had quite a number of DAPs... Sony 1z, 1a, zx507, A&K 240, 380, Cube, Alpha, FiiO's, etc. With this have been various headphones, iems, cables and the rest. I've realized that it's all about HOW the DAP is put together, not just the level or quality of the internal components... it's more about the right components and just how they are selected to suit, with the right software. Other than that isn't it a matter of what quality your music files are? Ultimately each DAP ends up with its own unique sound and signature, where everyone interested can appreciate and share the various details and measures that more or less determine how viable, or how desirable, a DAP is. By experience, we end up wishing for or intending to, purchase that next device that will have us even closer to total satisfaction. Usually, this also means we either spend large sums of money to feed this bottomless pit of desire, or we may end up pulling the trigger on something that we think is a solid choice but by experience we know is going to disappoint us in some way or other... definitely battery life will be 4 hours instead of the advertised 8, depth, darkness, range, quality, timbre, resonance, volume, etc, etc... SOMETHING or usually two or three elements of that newest player won't be right.

I took a chance, a brand not common here, but solid in Asia, and really the only things I did know about Lotoo were the here-and-there posts or articles related to how their Lotoo Paw Gold DAP was a killer, reference-grade in more than many opinions, and ahead of its time. Following was, of course, the Paw Gold Touch... same high esteem and touted too as reference grade. Both of these are not only rated extremely well but are on the lists of MANY in terms of "my ultimate dream" or "my wish DAP"...

Enter the Lotoo PAW 6000. I ordered mine from Andrew at Music Tech. First, Excellent Service all-around - 100%, NO nonsense - and... bionic stork shipping to Canada.

Just so you know, this isn't going to be a technical review - nuances, tonality, position, soundstage - this detail can be found with reviews from many others.

This DAP is beautifully designed and crafted, with perfect finishing all around. It comes with a case. It comes with a screen protector. The USB-C cable is of premium quality.

Format your Micro SD in ex-fat and load your Flacs, DSDs, DSFs, whatever... insert the card into the Paw 6000... hold the power button for a couple of seconds... three seconds later the OS is fully booted, you are ON. There is no question that this is the FASTEST load up from off that I have EVER seen or heard of. Hold the power button down for 2 seconds... swipe right... off. Hold the power button for a couple of seconds... three seconds later... you get the picture. So, in my opinion, this speaks to two key areas (as related to any DAP) - power issues and painful waits are no longer... and the OS in this little magic box is something special - lean, fast, and efficient.

Plug in your headphones or iems... play... WOW... neutral, clean, plenty of volume range... on either the 4.4 balanced pentaconn or the straight 3,5. The gain on either connection is also perfect. Better yet Line-out works perfectly too. I have been listening to all sorts of music genres on (mostly) Audeze over-ears and CA Andromedas (love these with this player as they just resonate so perfectly and run at 12.8 ohms - AC DC Stiff Upper Lip a la DSD, Roxy Music Avalon a la DSD, have way more meaning on this player than any other I've owned or listened on).

Use, access to files, functionality, and speed of the Lotoo OS is pretty near ideal. Display and OS function, especially the swipe-down to access high/low gain for both 4.4 and 3.5 is perfect. Huge factor - load a card and the files are THERE... no scanning or load up time to compile a "library."

Compared to other DAPS... battery life IS around 14 hours or so.

The one feature that had me at hello... is the PEQ... the equalizer. No, it isn't "hardware"... blackfin... but spend some time with it... I have - creating a few different profiles with incredible configurability will ensure your headphones, iems will sound absolutely astounding. We all strive to or think Purist means a source, a file, the perfect headset - Don't be fooled... when you combine DAP architecture, OS, music type, and sound file quality with any headphone or iem there IS going to be a difference in sound... I think a lot of people have fooled themselves into thinking that a spend of 3500 bucks means all tracks on their player will sound fabulous. It just is not so.

Anyway, I'm now the converted, preaching... I am loving this DAP, all around. If I can somehow understand the differences and if it is worth it, I may look seriously at the Paw Gold Touch - I think this outfit, Lotoo, has figured out something no others have, how to combine the right parts in the right way with the right software to create a player that is solid - Fast, Easy, Intuitive, Powerful, Beautifully crafted, and worth every single dollar.

HIGHLY recommend you get one of these... for around a thousand or a bit more I don't think there is anything that comes close to overall useability or sound quality. This is not a DAP with extra "features" that usually you'd never use anyway... there is no ability to sideload Android, This is a DAP meant for listening to music, period.

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #1,280 of 1,457
I'm not sure it does bluetooth out. I connect it to my phone and tablet as a bluetooth DAC and send the output via my pluged in IEMs. I think it is more of a Bluetooth receiver, not a transmitter.

Feb 13, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #1,281 of 1,457
I'm not sure it does bluetooth out. I connect it to my phone and tablet as a bluetooth DAC and send the output via my pluged in IEMs. I think it is more of a Bluetooth receiver, not a transmitter.
It does both, not at the same time obviously. For those having BT issues with the LP6K, make sure the device it connects to or from is not already connected to any other devices as well. For me, that solves all BT issues I was having both as BT DAC or transmitter.

Feb 15, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #1,283 of 1,457
Hello friends,

could someone please tell me how to add lyrics to my FLACs, so that they are shown on my Lotoo?

Thank you
Hi,
I think lyrics have to be embedded in a FLAC file...FLAC files don't use ID3 tags, they use Vorbis comments. Just paste your lyrics into the "Properties" window Lyrics tab for your files, and MM will save them to the tags. I don't know - maybe this can also be done using a media manager / Tag app...?
Seems like a lot of extra work, but kinda nice if you swipe across the track details...

Feb 15, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #1,284 of 1,457
Here is a solution for the FLAC embedding of lyrics...

What is Lyricator? / (Quick) history lesson
Lyricator is a plugin for MediaMonkey 3.x, which searches online sources of song lyrics for selected tracks in the user’s library, allows editing of the lyrics on the fly, then saves the lyrics to the music tracks (ID3 tags).

This plugin is based on G-DIABLO & Owyn's Lyricator v1.0, which is based on das Monkey's Lyricator v0.96b plugin.

How do I use it?
  • ● See “Basic Operation” for a quick guide. (Download PDF)
    ● Don’t forget to check the original documentation (as it should still apply).
    ● Tailor/fine-tune it to suit your needs: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Options -> Library -> Lyricator.
Download
Download Link: http://www.squirrelscript.net/dl/click.php?id=6
Update: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Extension -> Find Updates.
Note: Only works from v1.1.1 #30 onwards.

Tip: If you’re using an earlier version (prior to installing Lyricator 1.1.1 #31) and running into issues - uninstall the old version, close & restart MediaMonkey, then install the new version. To uninstall: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Extension -> Lyricator -> Uninstall.

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #1,285 of 1,457
I'm interested in the PAW 6000, and all my music files are AIFF. I don't see AIFF listed in the specifications. Can someone please confirm whether AIFF is supported?

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #1,286 of 1,457
I'm interested in the PAW 6000, and all my music files are AIFF. I don't see AIFF listed in the specifications. Can someone please confirm whether AIFF is supported?

Someone posted this last year in this thread (post 1052). I would assume it does support AIFF:

That is strange...to be precise I mean when browsing the Album list, Songs, Folders, or Artist the title-tag is not shown.
Most of my files are AIFF but also with Flac files the title is not shown correctly without a cue file.
In the playing screen the title is always shown correctly.
My software has version 1.2.0.8 and there is no update available.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #1,287 of 1,457
Someone posted this last year in this thread (post 1052). I would assume it does support AIFF:

That is strange...to be precise I mean when browsing the Album list, Songs, Folders, or Artist the title-tag is not shown.
Most of my files are AIFF but also with Flac files the title is not shown correctly without a cue file.
In the playing screen the title is always shown correctly.
My software has version 1.2.0.8 and there is no update available.
Thank you! Now I'm worried about tags not being read correctly. I'm going to do some more research on it.

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #1,288 of 1,457
The LP6K will show your tags as they are so the quality of your tagging matters and even the file naming does. So if your library is a mess, you will get a mess as a result. Lotoo OS seems more sensitive than others in that regard but once tagged and named properly, all is good. Mp3tag is a free software that you can use to check and fix stuff. You can do mass fixes too, it’s a great tool.

There are also several posts in the thread on the subject. I had to redo the tagging on some of my stuff, mostly random stuff purchased on iTunes a long time ago, the tagging on those was soooo bad, I found out why I had random results on different devices with those.

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #1,289 of 1,457
The LP6K will show your tags as they are so the quality of your tagging matters and even the file naming does. So if your library is a mess, you will get a mess as a result. Lotoo OS seems more sensitive than others in that regard but once tagged and named properly, all is good. Mp3tag is a free software that you can use to check and fix stuff. You can do mass fixes too, it’s a great tool.

There are also several posts in the thread on the subject. I had to redo the tagging on some of my stuff, mostly random stuff purchased on iTunes a long time ago, the tagging on those was soooo bad, I found out why I had random results on different devices with those.

Agree with Bland 125 that Mp3tag is a great tool to adjust the tagging and that Lotoo's OS will show tags "as is" so the old adage of "garbage in, garbage out" truly applies
One other area that can cause churn is your album art size. Anything over the 480dpi will cause the device to churn, and won't display any clearer/sharper, and reduce battery life and increase load time. Another poster mentioned this earlier in this thread with some testing data behind it. Mentioning as Mp3tag will allow fixing multiple files at once, as well as get better cover art from various sources.
Hope this helps someone out there!

Feb 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,290 of 1,457
In case if someone is interested, good alternative to Mp3Tag is TagScanner (also freeware): https://www.xdlab.ru/en/.
I have been using it for many years to keep my music library in good shape :).
It allows to generate tags from different parts of file path, adjust them manually, rename files using data from tags, add/resize album covers, etc.
Batch operations (to modify many files at once) and user-friendly interface are included as well.

BTW, it also allows to embed lyrics in music files, but unfortunately Lotoo doesn't display lyrics added this way (unlike A&K norma SR15).
I wrote about this lyrics issue to Lotoo's support - they replied:
"...
About the <file that I sent them to test - it had embedded lyrics that are shown by SR15, but not by P6K> with embedded lyrics, our engineer has tested it.
The pure text's lyrics can not supported to be displayed at present. Normally, we can support to display the lyrics with detailed time in every line's lyrics.
We also have listed in our future R&D plan.
...".
I would not expect too much though - it was more than a year ago :).
Perhaps in Lotoo P7K...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back