Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Apr 5, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,306 of 1,457
Great review! I did notice the time it took to display your tracks/folder structure and that is quite different from mine which is literally instant as the OS boots up. I’m using a 512gb Sandisk Extreme Pro at 60% capacity with a very clean folder structure, tagged files and no non-music files (other than some album art) which are mostly 16/44 but includes the occasional up to 24/192 or DSD files.

I’m thinking of getting the LGPT but I would like to try it first and it seems impossible to do so in my area.

My only negative with the LP6K, if we can call it a negative, is that I like to listen a lot to newly purchased albums and it doesn’t offer a view or filter as such like the Sony app or Roon. So I have to use Roon to know which album I will listen to next.
Thank you for the praise, I'd say for you to save your money regarding an upgrade to the Touch in favour of upgrading your earphones or headphones, because I think that is where the most bang for your buck goes, especially when you've got to the level of the Paw 6000, there are only subtle differences between DAPs, but there are potentially big differences in headphones

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,307 of 1,457
Oh I got my endgame IEM already. I have no interest in changing those unless and LX v2 comes out maybe. Not even customs. I'm trying at this point to push my whole chain up to the limit of what is reasonnable. I am totally satisfied with what I got and this is why I will not change any component blindly. If it wasn't for !@#$%@ covid, I would have gone to NYC canjam just to try some very specific stuff.

I am basically just keeping my eyes opened but knowing well what I got took me some time to assemble and provides me the experience I was seeking. You should see my eartips collection! :)

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,308 of 1,457
Oh I got my endgame IEM already. I have no interest in changing those unless and LX v2 comes out maybe. Not even customs. I'm trying at this point to push my whole chain up to the limit of what is reasonnable. I am totally satisfied with what I got and this is why I will not change any component blindly. If it wasn't for !@#$%@ covid, I would have gone to NYC canjam just to try some very specific stuff.

I am basically just keeping my eyes opened but knowing well what I got took me some time to assemble and provides me the experience I was seeking. You should see my eartips collection! :)
I hear you,loud and clear🙂 Maybe you can stick with earphones. Dare I mention headphones? The Paw can handle up to a HE1000 SE quite easily

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #1,312 of 1,457
1.Symbol '/' in m3u files is supported.
2.Rectified errors caused when importing PMEQ files.
3.Fixed the mute bug that occurred when adjusting gain and volume on the host device (computer or mobile) in USB DAC mode.
4.Bug fixed that Tidal failed to recognise the DAP as a MQA device in USB DAC mode.
5.Fixed the noise bug that occurred adjuting the volume from 0-1 when playing MQA files.
6.Fixed the bug that won't play WAV files exceeding 2G bytes.
7.Fixed the system crash due to power off in bluetooth DAC mode.

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #1,313 of 1,457
Thank you very much for the quick reply :)
I'm not affected by any of this, so it's not worth upgrading either.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #1,315 of 1,457
Does anyone know if firmware upgrades are ota? I will be having one soon and was wondering about it as I never had a lotoo dap (got an S1 and this needs to be done through the computer throwing the file) - Thanks a lot!

Apr 28, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #1,316 of 1,457
Does anyone know if firmware upgrades are ota? I will be having one soon and was wondering about it as I never had a lotoo dap (got an S1 and this needs to be done through the computer throwing the file) - Thanks a lot!

There is OTA option for fw update, but sometimes it could take a while to download since they are connecting to a local server and Lotoo's wifi is just for OTA convenience and not exactly optimized for performance. And if OTA update takes a while, you can always do a local update by downloading the latest fw, manuals, and other stuff here: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

Apr 29, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #1,317 of 1,457
There is OTA option for fw update, but sometimes it could take a while to download since they are connecting to a local server and Lotoo's wifi is just for OTA convenience and not exactly optimized for performance. And if OTA update takes a while, you can always do a local update by downloading the latest fw, manuals, and other stuff here: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/
Thanks a lot! Will check when having it at home, really appreciate

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,318 of 1,457
Hello,
My unit is still on version 1.2.0.6, never having felt the need to improve its performance/functionalities.
Being sort of a purist, as DAPs go, I'm strictly on wired IEM/HP, and local source tracks.

Anyway, if by any chance I'd want to update my LP6K's firmware, would it be alright to jump from the current version to the latest available 1.2.0.10?
Some systems/platforms "like" their update path to have some intermediate version along the process.

Thanks in advance

May 9, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #1,319 of 1,457
After a long, long time on the sidelines, I finally decided to give the LP6K a go after rereading @twister6 insightful review (namely how close it comes to LPGT);
It also came highly recommended by the folks in my audio circle as a small unit that punches way above its weight in sound quality.

The unit I ordered from @MusicTeck arrived in record time as usual- thanks Andrew- and has been sounding great out of the box.
While I wasn't expecting a Cayin N8ii level of power, the little unit has exceeded my already high expectations. It had no problem driving my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu to a satisfactory level and makes the MMR Thummim sing.

It also boots up in a matter of seconds and feels lightning quick to handle.

All in all, this has been one hell of a purchase- small footprint, long battery life, excellent performance and great sound with the Thummim. I still reach for the N8ii when at home as it trumps the LP6K in sound quality and has streaming but the little guy is just hard to beat for use outside.

This is my first purchase of a Lotoo product but definitely won't be the last!
Can anyone recommend a slim silicone case- the stock leather case is excellent but adds quite a bit of bulk to the package. Cheers!

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #1,320 of 1,457
After a long, long time on the sidelines, I finally decided to give the LP6K a go after rereading @twister6 insightful review (namely how close it comes to LPGT);
It also came highly recommended by the folks in my audio circle as a small unit that punches way above its weight in sound quality.

The unit I ordered from @MusicTeck arrived in record time as usual- thanks Andrew- and has been sounding great out of the box.
While I wasn't expecting a Cayin N8ii level of power, the little unit has exceeded my already high expectations. It had no problem driving my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu to a satisfactory level and makes the MMR Thummim sing.

It also boots up in a matter of seconds and feels lightning quick to handle.

All in all, this has been one hell of a purchase- small footprint, long battery life, excellent performance and great sound with the Thummim. I still reach for the N8ii when at home as it trumps the LP6K in sound quality and has streaming but the little guy is just hard to beat for use outside.

This is my first purchase of a Lotoo product but definitely won't be the last!
Can anyone recommend a slim silicone case- the stock leather case is excellent but adds quite a bit of bulk to the package. Cheers!
There is one thing other than size that N8ii can't beat PAW6000 is the PEQ, no contest there:relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back